NYPD Suspends Cop For Saying TRUMP 2020 But PRAISES Cop Who Took A Knee With Black Lives Matter

Monte1076

No surprise at all. New York is more liberal i guess. If the same thing happened in Texas, the officer who yelled Trump 2020 would be ok but the officer who took a knee would be suspended. Different areas have a tolerance for different things. 

1 minute ago, ctown81 said:

No surprise at all. New York is more liberal i guess. If the same thing happened in Texas, the officer who yelled Trump 2020 would be ok but the officer who took a knee would be suspended. Different areas have a tolerance for different things. 

You Guess?!?🙄

5 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Depends on if it were in the People's Republic of Travis County or in REAL Texas..........

In my opinion, using your official vehicle to show your partisan views and doing an act that shows empathy in a movement that should transcend parties are two different things, but that's just me, as I haven't drunk deeply of the anti-BLM Koolaid like many of you have been instructed to do by Trump. 

2 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

My prediction is that the largest cities in population in Texas is that MOST will vote blue this election. And, the urban areas in Texas now outnumber the rural, by the way. 

You're forgetting about suburbs and exurbs.

Texas has approximately 29 million people.

Here's a list (according to Wikipedia) of the largest cities (by population) in Texas:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_in_Texas_by_population

So the five largest (population-wise) cities in Texas are roughly 7 million people total.

We'll see how things shake out, but I don't know if most of the cities outside those five will vote blue.

3 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

You're forgetting about suburbs and exurbs.

Texas has approximately 29 million people.

Here's a list (according to Wikipedia) of the largest cities (by population) in Texas:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_in_Texas_by_population

So the five largest (population-wise) cities in Texas are roughly 7 million people total.

We'll see how things shake out, but I don't know if most of the cities outside those five will vote blue.

I was including the suburbs of the largest cities. 

https://www.kctv5.com/why-the-gop-hold-on-texas-is-loosening/article_ea2fd4dd-81ef-59e5-a0a4-ca81cda1a275.html

3 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

We'll just have to see how things shake out. The election is a week away.

The county I live in abuts a much larger (population-wise) county. The last time the county I live in went "blue", I believe was Jimmy Carter. It's rather solidly red. It was last time, and I don't see much changing in that respect this time. Of course, my county is more rural/exurb. But remember there's a LOT of Texas with a LOT of people.

22 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

Why? Because only fine, upstanding people like Austin?

You dislike Austin, because it's too 'liberal' then you are choosing to not enjoy the some of the best live music in America, some of the very best BBQ and overall food scene and funkiness in general. 

8 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

You dislike Austin, because it's too 'liberal' then you are choosing to not enjoy the some of the best live music in America, some of the very best BBQ and overall food scene and funkiness in general. 

Oh, I'd visit Austin. I've got an aunt that lives in that area. I probably wouldn't enjoy living there though.

9 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

Oh, I'd visit Austin. I've got an aunt that lives in that area. I probably wouldn't enjoy living there though.

Actually, me, either, as it has become too crowded just to get through there, much less to get around in. I do like to visit, though, for sure! 

58 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Austin is a cesspool like San Francisco.......

Taking politicians out of it and just talking about common folk liberals. Most don't judge me by my skin color and make assumptions and on the flip side, most conservatives I run across tend to judge me before they know me. So yes, liberal areas are ok in my book. People in conservative areas seem to be closed minded.

2 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Taking politicians out of it and just talking about common folk liberals. Most don't judge me by my skin color and make assumptions and on the flip side, most conservatives I run across tend to judge me before they know me. So yes, liberal areas are ok in my book. People in conservative areas seem to be closed minded.

You hypocrite.....you just did EXACTLY what you accuse others of doing......typical liberal........:rofl:

• LOL! 1

1 minute ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

You hypocrite.....you just did EXACTLY what you accuse others of doing......typical liberal........:rofl:

I'm talking about the ones I run across and interact with for the first time. Others experiences may be different. And yes, most conservatives are closed minded.

Just now, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Did it again, hypocrite.........

Say what you will. Doesn't bother me. Felt a different vibe in California when I visited as opposed to east texas. Just can't afford to live there.  It is what it is. Felt way more comfortable in liberal california.