The Smoakhouse Forums

Halloween Candy

23BCDBF4-11D6-45BF-9D6E-CD841B947C2C.jpeg

Seriously who ever ate these things? These are like the Kirt/Hardin’s of candy. Old. Tasteless. Not anybody’s first choice. Heck, not even anybody’s 50th choice. Kinda like Trump/Biden. 

7 minutes ago, Stoney said:

23BCDBF4-11D6-45BF-9D6E-CD841B947C2C.jpeg

Seriously who ever ate these things? These are like the Kirt/Hardin’s of candy. Old. Tasteless. Not anybody’s first choice. Heck, not even anybody’s 50th choice. Kinda like Trump/Biden. 

Hey, I grew up on those and those orange slices .... my Granny kept both in one of those round crystal candy bowls with a pointed top .... but these were my favorites ....

c6f825cf-75b9-45d5-84b1-ae8fc2051238.2d9261985cdc62bb3ead5809b36b61e9.jpeg.thumb.jpg.45f69e14869bd5c1d8446acd558c267c.jpg

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Hey, I grew up on those and those orange slices .... my Granny kept both in one of those round crystal candy bowls with a pointed top .... but these were my favorites ....

c6f825cf-75b9-45d5-84b1-ae8fc2051238.2d9261985cdc62bb3ead5809b36b61e9.jpeg.thumb.jpg.45f69e14869bd5c1d8446acd558c267c.jpg

It didn’t matter what candy Granny had in her candy jar, it all tasted like peppermint. She had that thing loaded down with them. The strawberry hard candy. The chick o sticks. Peanut butter bars. It all had a peppermint taste.

1 minute ago, Stoney said:

It didn’t matter what candy Granny had in her candy jar, it all tasted like peppermint. She had that thing loaded down with them. The strawberry hard candy. The chick o sticks. Peanut butter bars. It all had a peppermint taste.

I loved those hard rasberry candies with the jelly inside ... my daughter in law orders a huge bag of them from Amazon and gives them to me for my birthday since I told her about them ... I took a bunch of them and put them in the church foyer candy dish with the peppermints ... all the old lady's eyes lit up when they found them ....

• Grumpy Old Men 1

I used to like Chic-o-stix and orange slices when I was a kid.  The best out today is the Milky Way Simply Caramel.  Those blow Rollo's and Twixt bars out of the water.  

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I used to like Chic-o-stix and orange slices when I was a kid.  The best out today is the Milky Way Simply Caramel.  Those blow Rollo's and Twixt bars out of the water.  

MM's and Reeces Cups.......

• Grumpy Old Men 1
9 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

I heard Larry and PeePee put razor blades in their Halloween candy ....

thats no joking matter, there are some sick ppl these days...

11 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I like the dark chocolate Reeces cups ....

Regular old school ones......glad they put 4 now instead of 2.....lol

• Grumpy Old Men 1
10 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Without a doubt Chic-O-Stick .... #1 .....

I HATE Bit O Honey .... I would rather chew on a seasoned dog #### ...

I gotta agree with Kirt. Chick o stick and the peanut butter bars are the best. I’m old enough to remember when Piggly Wiggly/Brookshire’s had the Brach’s candy station. You grabbed a bag and picked out as much candy as you wanted. Bit o honey is nothing more than saw dust with some sugar sprinkled on it. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Stoney said:

I gotta agree with Kirt. Chick o stick and the peanut butter bars are the best. I’m old enough to remember when Piggly Wiggly/Brookshire’s had the Brach’s candy station. You grabbed a bag and picked out as much candy as you wanted. Bit o honey is nothing more than saw dust with some sugar sprinkled on it. 

😂🤣lol & the sawdust analogy!👌😜

1 minute ago, CarthDawg77 said:

😂🤣lol & the sawdust analogy!👌😜

1., 2. 3. No particular order... They make a killer DQ style homemade Blizzard, but a good old Butterfinger Blizzard Rules over All of them.👍