Some of You Would Call This Devotion. I Call It Unnecessary Fanaticism

BarryLaverty

Why? I was plenty loyal to Joe Biden, as were millions and millions of others, in my nice,warm house. Why wouldn't the weather factor in to holding this? Why wouldn't there be adequate transportation? 

https://news.yahoo.com/hundreds-trump-supporters-stuck-freezing-122800928.html

Hundreds of Trump supporters stuck on freezing cold Omaha airfield after rally

cc9fbf10-d778-11ea-9fef-b38fb44c1836
Geoff Bennett and Adela Suliman and Caroline Radnofsky and Alexandra Bacallao

Hundreds of President Donald Trump supporters were left in the freezing cold for hours after a rally at an airfield in Omaha, Nebraska, on Tuesday night, with some walking around three miles to waiting buses and others being taken away in ambulances.

Many of those at the rally at the Eppley Airfield faced hours in long lines to get in and clogged parking lots and busy crowds to get out, hours after his Air Force One departed around 9 p.m. Crowds cleared about 12:30 a.m.

According to dispatches from Omaha Police department, recorded by radio communications platform, Broadcastify, at least 30 people including the elderly, an electric wheelchair user and a family with small children were among those requiring medical attention after hours of waiting in the cold at the rally at the Eppley Airfield.

Image: President Donald Trump looks out at supporters at a campaign rally in Omaha on Tuesday. (Jonathan Ernst / Reuters)
Image: President Donald Trump looks out at supporters at a campaign rally in Omaha on Tuesday. (Jonathan Ernst / Reuters)

"Supporters of the president were brought in, but buses weren’t able to get back to transport people out. It’s freezing and snowy in Omaha tonight," Nebraska State Senator Megan Hunt tweeted.

NBC News has reached out to the Trump campaign, Omaha Police Department, Omaha Fire/EMS and Douglas County Sheriff's Office in Omaha and has not yet received comment.

"There's an issue with a number of people unable to find their cars and wandering in the cold ... see if we can't get everybody reunited with a car," the Omaha Police Dispatch 1129 recording said, according to Broadcastify.

"I've got an elderly male that's down ten blocks...having a hard time breathing right now," audio on Omaha Police Dispatch 1100 said. While another refers to: "Subject says he's about to pass out."

The recordings say there were about "30 patient contacts" and 20 buses backed-up and creating jams as rally-goers had to be shuttled back to busy parking lots and exits. The dispatches also reference patients being taken to Creighton University Medical Center, NBC News reached out to the hospital but did not yet receive a response.

Ahead of the event, the Omaha Police Department warned on Twitter that "Parking at the TRUMP rally is full."

"Is there any place you would rather be than a Trump rally on about a 10 degree evening? ... It's cold out here but that's okay," Trump said as he arrived at Eppley Airfield wearing a heavy black coat and gloves.

Crowds cheered as he pretended to close up his coat.

Trump told the crowd he'd been to Wisconsin and Michigan earlier on Tuesday, where it had also been freezing and raining and thanked crowds for attending.

"I said I won't put on a hat because I'm gonna show you how tough we are," he said.

"It was pouring and it was freezing. It is the coldest right here, right? It is an honor to be with you, I have to say. When we win, you win, Nebraska wins and all of America wins."

• Roll Eyes 1

These people knew how the weather is up in Nebraska, and Barry and the media want to blame it on President Trump.  Many were even warned before hand by the Omaha P.D. that conditions could be bad and that there was no parking.  I know that they can handle cold weather up there better than we can, of course the media only wants to paint a bad picture of Trump at any chance.