Lindale @ Kilgore for District Championship

kildog84

Lindale @ Kilgore District Championship  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

• Lindale
    • Kilgore

If both teams take care of business in their next matchups then we'll both teams will play for the district title in which I know Kilgore hasn't played for in a while. While big bad Carthage was in the district. And I don't know when Lindale last played for a district title while competing in 5a.

Will say it's gonna be fun and interesting when they do square off against each other. 

But like everyone said the teams definitely shouldn't be looking ahead. Now the fans can it's for fun and games for us.

1 hour ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Agree both have teams that shouldn’t overlook. Plenty of time for this thread. 

Kilgore vs Athens 

Lindale vs Palestine should be the main objective.

Main objective for the teams for sure , but since I’m not on the team and wanted to know peoples thoughts about the game then now is as good as time as any . If you think it’s to early then disregard and move on till next week !! 

2 hours ago, WhoamI97539 said:

If both teams take care of business in their next matchups then we'll both teams will play for the district title in which I know Kilgore hasn't played for in a while. While big bad Carthage was in the district. And I don't know when Lindale last played for a district title while competing in 5a.

Will say it's gonna be fun and interesting when they do square off against each other. 

But like everyone said the teams definitely shouldn't be looking ahead. Now the fans can it's for fun and games for us.

Lindale was always competitive in 5A even though they were one of the smallest. 

They nearly upset Lufkin, Ennis, John Tyler, and Marshall in stents in both districts. 

They weren’t an easy out.  I think all the “big boy” schools had mad respect for Lindale while they were in 5A 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kildog84 said:

Main objective for the teams for sure , but since I’m not on the team and wanted to know peoples thoughts about the game then now is as good as time as any . If you think it’s to early then disregard and move on till next week !! 

Just my opinion I absolutely don't know what harm could come out of fans looking ahead and talking about a game with title implications on the line as we speak. Now as a player I was always told not to look past your opponent that you play next. 

But fans commenting their opinions a week, 2 weeks, etc... etc......! Doesn't impact the teams one bit.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Lindale was always competitive in 5A even though they were one of the smallest. 

They nearly upset Lufkin, Ennis, John Tyler, and Marshall in stents in both districts. 

They weren’t an easy out.  I think all the “big boy” schools had mad respect for Lindale while they were in 5A 

I agree with you 100% on that.

I was just saying or mainly looking for info on Lindale to see when they played for a district title. I just can't remember of any recent Lindale teams playing for one. I may be wrong on that if I am would someone correct me on it please?

• Like 1

I'm sure the coaches are reminding the players that they have to worry about this week first, but everyone knows what is coming if they both handle business this week. Excited for this matchup.

I will give my opinion/prediction next week sometime after both teams handle their business this week.

• Like 1

I hope both teams do take care of business this week. It will make for a much better game next week. Lindale has always been competitive even in 5A but yes it has been a while since they competed for a district title. Just off the top of my head the last one I remember was 2011. I could be wrong but that’s the last I remember. 

• Like 2

I'm taking the homer pick and going with the Bulldogs. Outside of the anomaly that was Kilgore/Chapel Hill and Lindale/Athens weekend, neither team has been in a close game. Kilgore D figures out how to slow down Lindale's running back and Kilgore O is very balanced so there is no one person to key on.

• Like 1