Newton vs Corrigan Camden

Purpleforever

Newton vs Corrigan Camden  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Another victory for Newton. I'm hearing some disturbing news about Newton, playing sloppy. To late in the year for that to be going on. It's about to get real. Corrigan is having a down year. Should be another easy victory for Newton. What is y'alls take. Still haven't seen a game yet.

21 minutes ago, jimmyw said:

If Newton plays another game like they did against Hemphill in the play-offs, Newton will be shooting basketballs.  They definitely did not look like a contender last night.JMO

Ain’t that the truth? Wasn’t the same team from 2 weeks prior. 

Even though Newton  is down this year we still are Newton. especially in our area we are going to get everyone's best. Hemphill had a game plan and it was somewhat successful. The better team prevailed......CC  down year is more effective than Newtons. Newton rolls!

29 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

What does this district’s standings look like? 

1. Newton?

???

A New Waverly win over Anderson-Shiro will give New Waverly the #2 seed, Hemphill the #3 seed and Anderson-Shiro the #4 seed.

An Anderson-Shiro win of 7 points or less will give New Waverly the #2 seed, Anderson-Shiro the #3 seed and Hemphill the #4 seed.

An Anderson-Shiro win of 8 to 14 points will give Anderson-Shiro the #2 seed, New Waverly the #3 seed and Hemphill the #4 seed.

An Anderson-Shiro win of 15 points or more will give Anderson-Shiro the #2 seed, Hemphill the #3 seed and New Waverly the #4 seed. 

Most likely scenario is the top one, but you never know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Purpleforever said:

A New Waverly win over Anderson-Shiro will give New Waverly the #2 seed, Hemphill the #3 seed and Anderson-Shiro the #4 seed.

An Anderson-Shiro win of 7 points or less will give New Waverly the #2 seed, Anderson-Shiro the #3 seed and Hemphill the #4 seed.

An Anderson-Shiro win of 8 to 14 points will give Anderson-Shiro the #2 seed, New Waverly the #3 seed and Hemphill the #4 seed.

An Anderson-Shiro win of 15 points or more will give Anderson-Shiro the #2 seed, Hemphill the #3 seed and New Waverly the #4 seed. 

Most likely scenario is the top one, but you never know.

So which Team is the weaker of the 3 fighting for second in you opinion ? Looking at scores I thinking it’s Shiro but can’t really tell. Kinda beating up on each other except for Newton who is beating them all up lol 

1 hour ago, jacket52 said:

So which Team is the weaker of the 3 fighting for second in you opinion ? Looking at scores I thinking it’s Shiro but can’t really tell. Kinda beating up on each other except for Newton who is beating them all up lol 

I'm surprised Shiro isn't as good as last yr, they has some good returning players from last yr, I watched them play Daingerfield in the playoffs last yr and they played pretty dam good

• Like 1

I personally believe that Hemphill is the 2nd best team in the district.  They gave the New Waverly game away with multiple turnovers and stupid penalties.  I think Anderson-Shiro is the weakest team in the top 4.  They graduated a lot from last years team and are somewhat rebuilding.  

Newton is pretty dang good again this year.  Don't let the WOS and Jasper games fool you.  It took them a few weeks to knock the rust off and get the young guys up to speed.  It was very entertaining watching Gatson from Newton and Washington from Hemphill run the ball last Friday night.  Both of those young men are stud running backs.

4 hours ago, SAPACK1 said:

I personally believe that Hemphill is the 2nd best team in the district.  They gave the New Waverly game away with multiple turnovers and stupid penalties.  I think Anderson-Shiro is the weakest team in the top 4.  They graduated a lot from last years team and are somewhat rebuilding.  

Newton is pretty dang good again this year.  Don't let the WOS and Jasper games fool you.  It took them a few weeks to knock the rust off and get the young guys up to speed.  It was very entertaining watching Gatson from Newton and Washington from Hemphill run the ball last Friday night.  Both of those young men are stud running backs.

🤫

9 hours ago, NewtonNation said:

🤫

All the north East Texas teams loved seeing what happened to Newton against WOS & Jasper. It was all the talk for a minute. 
Those same teams sure didn’t schedule Carthage, Pleasant Grove or Gilmer (which is the equivalent in size and rankings). 
They don’t have the same issues getting games against similar sized schools. 
There aren’t many area 3A-d2 schools standing in line to play the Eagles. 😂

• Like 1

On 11/1/2020 at 4:33 PM, VZCR said:

CC hasn’t played Newton close in years. It will be the same this year. Hopefully, the new staff can turn things around. Newton by a load,

New staff wasn’t needed ..  we have been to the playoffs 22 years straight! But that ended this year . The school board ran off our head coach because parents were saying he wasn’t giving enough attention to the other sports ...  

our head coach goes to Livingston as the offensive C and is taking them to the playoffs, which by the way they haven’t been since 2012...  and they are currently undefeated in district... 

no we haven’t played newton close in years .. but let’s get real not many have...    the parents said they wanted change.  And that’s exactly what they got!!  But not for the good . 

50 minutes ago, SAPACK1 said:

There is too much tradition in CC.  I hope this season doesn't have lingering or lasting effects.  We need as many good teams as possible in East Texas.  

The new coach painted over everything in our locker room that started in 97-2019  .. all that was tradition,  they have taken away 4th quarter in practice..   too much babying going on now , coaches afraid they will upset the parents 

2 hours ago, corrigancamden09 said:

The new coach painted over everything in our locker room that started in 97-2019  .. all that was tradition,  they have taken away 4th quarter in practice..   too much babying going on now , coaches afraid they will upset the parents 

Can't help but hope and expect that they will turn things around after this year.  

18 hours ago, corrigancamden09 said:

Wasn't the new coach on some of those teams? Seems odd that he would do that if that was the case.