Week Seven: Longview vs Highland Park

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (5-1) vs Highland Park Scots (3-0)  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Highland Park in a close one
    • Highland Park in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/07/2020 at 02:30 AM

10 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Longview up 36-0

You know, I was excited abut the Haynes King group. No doubt, I won't deny it.

But this group, man alive. They're the next level. Have got to temper expectations but they have potential to be absolutely unbelievable.

5 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

But this group, man alive. They're the next level. Have got to temper expectations but they have potential to be absolutely unbelievable.

I'll say it if you won't.

This group is better.....which is crazy.

Up 43-0 now....Alijah Johnson (another great FB coming up) from 45 yards out. 

I mentioned in the preview that it was a shame these two programs have only met 7 times. But we could've possibly had 11 meetings if not for a single game going a different way.

The four extra possible meetings in the playoffs is tied for second most in Longview history (Longview could've potentially met Lake Highlands 6 times...still have no idea how we've never met LH in the post season after all these years).

In 1947, Longview traveled to San Antonio Breckenridge in the State Semi-Finals before falling 20-0. Breckenridge went on to defeated Highland Park in the State Championship, 22-13.

In 1983, Longview was dominated by Klein 35-0 in one of the worst playoff losses in school history. Klein knocked off Highland Park in the next round, as well, 21-14.

And most recently...

In 2008, Highland Park fell 41-36 to Waco Midway. Setting the stage for Longview's dramatic 43-42 overtime win over the Panthers the next week.

And in 2009, Highland Park fell 49-35 to Waxahachie the week before Longview blew the doors off the Indians, 50-26 (after falling behind 20-0 in the first quarter).

Just something fun to look back on before tomorrow, 34 years after our last meeting.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

You know, I was excited abut the Haynes King group. No doubt, I won't deny it.

I went back and looked at the scores from that Haynes freshmen year.

20-8, 30-0, 33-13, 42-13, 42-14, 14-7, 35-18, 35-7, 62-13. (9-0, 7-0).

They were dominant, no doubt, for the most part. But this upcoming group..as I said..is next level.

Funny enough, it was the 2015 freshmen squad that was more dominant than the 2016 freshmen team with Haynes. Understandably that was also the 2018 senior class. Only Lufkin was able to stay within three scores of them all year.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

I went back and looked at the scores from that Haynes freshmen year.

20-8, 30-0, 33-13, 42-13, 42-14, 14-7, 35-18, 35-7, 62-13. (9-0, 7-0).

They were dominant, no doubt, for the most part. But this upcoming group..as I said..is next level.

Funny enough, it was the 2015 freshmen squad that was more dominant than the 2016 freshmen team with Haynes. Understandably that was also the 2018 senior class. Only Lufkin was able to stay within three scores of them all year.

I was high on them too but was never as high on the Haynes group as I was the Perry/Anderson/Lister group which is the 2015 freshmen team that you speak of.

That's the best class to come through Longview. The bling proves it but this 9th group currently could definitely be better than them. We'll see.

Keep in mind, Haynes didnt even play a lot of his freshmen year. Had that broken arm.

• Like 3