Week Seven: Longview vs Highland Park

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (5-1) vs Highland Park Scots (3-0)  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Highland Park in a close one
    • Highland Park in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/07/2020 at 02:30 AM

43 minutes ago, WolverBean said:

Think we can say they ain't losing this year last night was the time if were going to don't see anyone left can do it freshman a team is as kids say now days "goated"

Well there's only Sherman and McKinney North left for them since Tyler isn't even suiting up a Freshmen squad this season.

Penalties and turnovers. Killed Longview in the first game and now again.

Winnable game for sure, which gives me hope for post season play. Gonna be a ridiculous path now, but is what it is.

Enjoying the games we get to play. 

2 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Penalties and turnovers. Killed Longview in the first game and now again.

Winnable game for sure, which gives me hope for post season play. Gonna be a ridiculous path now, but is what it is.

Enjoying the games we get to play. 

Yeah, I feel like we beat ourselves, though they were damn good too. Can't make the mistakes we did and expect to win against a team like HP. 

That said, this game was a formality. I figure the big game will be against them in the 4th round, if we can make it that far. 

8 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Yeah, I feel like we beat ourselves, though they were damn good too. Can't make the mistakes we did and expect to win against a team like HP. 

That said, this game was a formality. I figure the big game will be against them in the 4th round, if we can make it that far. 

Eh. This game was important because now we get the 3rd place from 8-5A...then #3 Lancaster...then #1 Denton Ryan, before we can even think about Highland Park again. Gonna be ridiculously tough.

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

Eh. This game was important because now we get the 3rd place from 8-5A...then #3 Lancaster...then #1 Denton Ryan, before we can even think about Highland Park again. Gonna be ridiculously tough.

We were gonna have to go through those teams or the teams that beat them anyway. Iron sharpens iron. 

One game at a time. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/3/2020 at 11:05 AM, Oldetexfan said:

Ahhh. the Plano game!   We lost 17-12 I think but the game came down to 2 calls that went against us. I sill say that David Henderson intercepted the ball in the end zone. Their guy reached in and grabbed it and the officials ruled dual possession, giving Plano a touchdown. But the worst call (actually a no call) was right before halftime when Plano threw a touchdown pass. Their left tackle literally tackled Eugene Williams, our defensive end, by the face mask as he was nearing the QB. It was in open space, no other players near them, so it wasn't like it couldn't be seen. The official was looking right at it, but didn't throw the flag. I know there is video somewhere of that play. Both plays were shown over and over on TV by Dallas and Tyler stations. Of course, Plano went on win the state championship. Another one that should have been ours!

I was at this game for Plano!