Texas High (5-0) (2-0) Vs Marshall (3-2) (1-1)

Mavchamp

Week 11  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Texas High in a close one
    • Marshall in a close one
    • Texas High in a blowout
    • Marshall in a blowout

This poll is closed to new votes

Both teams are coming off ugly wins.

Texas High (5-0, 2-0) struggled with Hallsville in the first half before pulling away for a comfortable win.

Marshall (3-2, 1-1) struggled with Jacksonville in the first half before pulling away for a comfortable win.

Tigers are loaded to the teeth and the heavy favorite headed into this game.  They possess a stingy defense and an offense that can light up the scoreboard in a hurry.

Marshall has been an offensive Jekyll and Hyde show all season.  Looked fantastic Vs. New Caney and McKinney North (and the second half of Jax) but looked anemic Vs. Longview, Pine Tree, and the first half of Jax.

I'll get all the historical and statistical stuff posted in the next day or two.

The Rawls ejection from last night Vs the Jacksonville Angels was reversed.

He will be playing Vs Texas High. 

It’s the right call. 

We gonna need all the help we can get. Texas High is going to be a beast. 

Mavs are big underdogs.  We haven’t played well the last 2 weeks.  Gonna need a perfect game. 

Mavchamp if 28 points a half and holding the opposing team to 17 points is an “Ugly win” I’ll take that Ugly to the dance every weekend and even buy the highest photo package available with the ole gal!! Lol just sayin

• LOL! 2

6 minutes ago, HKS85 said:

Mavchamp if 28 points a half and holding the opposing team to 17 points is an “Ugly win” I’ll take that Ugly to the dance every weekend and even buy the highest photo package available with the ole gal!! Lol just sayin

lmao. 
I just thought it was a closer game for longer than I expected. 

The end result was exactly what most figured would happen.  

Just thought Hallsville hung around longer than I figured they would.

I know TxH is exponentially better than Hallsville. 

2 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

lmao. 
I just thought it was a closer game for longer than I expected. 

The end result was exactly what most figured would happen.  

Just thought Hallsville hung around longer than I figured they would.

I know TxH is exponentially better than Hallsville. 

I don’t think the game was all that close was it? 28-17 at half but one td was a toss up on 3rd and long which the db got tripped up on the play. Last night was the first game I got to watch. #41 for thigh might be a better de than #10 Clayton smith and he’s a junior. He had a game last night 

• Like 1

On 10/31/2020 at 5:48 PM, HKS85 said:

Banner at top has T-High 5-0 (3-2) what’s that??

That's the reason I checked this out, and then Mavchamp called J'ville the Angels, and I had to check if they changed their mascot from Indians, because of the P.C. world we live in.

I don’t expect this to be a blowout. The game is in Marshall and the Mavericks will be up for the game. It appears that if you are going to get to T-High, it needs to be early. I have been impressed on how the defensive coaches have made halftime adjustments to shut down the opponents. Hallsville had some success early moving on THS, but were completely shutdown in the second half. Besides the scrimmage at Longview (that gave the Tiger credibility), this will be their toughest test to date. Putting McHenry and Cellers on the field at the same time has opened up a balanced offense.

How close this game ends up being comes down to which O-line shows up. 

If the hustling, getting after it, hard-working Mav offensive line we saw Vs New Caney and McKinney North shows up... I think it’s a competitive game. 

If the lazy, half hearted, flat Mav offensive line we saw Vs Longview and PT shows up... I think Texas High could drop 50 on us.

Texas High won’t be as forgiving of our mistakes as Jacksonville was. 

2 hours ago, justafan903 said:

T High should roll. If their receivers are as good as I’ve heard they might have career days. Think T High is the one team in the district who has the advantage in Jimmy and Joe department over Marshal. 

Rian Cellers is our best and most dangerous WR. Other receivers are solid high school receivers and made better by McHenry. The match up for other teams is the third down set. When Clayton Smith (DE) plays WR it presents a matchup issue for the defense. At 6’ 4” and 220#, he can run, jump, catch, and is difficult tackle. Hard to double team both Cellers and Smith.

3 hours ago, RonLigma said:

speed of Marshall wrs could cause problems for thigh. 

This is not 2018. Marshall only has one speed guy at wr this year. The others are tall possession type wrs. Good for red zone but not high percentage deep threats. Marshall's offensive struggles lately have been by the Qbs lack of confidence when defenses take away Dede. #5 Brooks needs to be utilized more when this happens. The multiple high snaps have killed several drives as well. 

The running game must be clicking to take pressure off of the Qb. Dede needs at least 12 touches a game (including rb reps). I think he's suspended first half this week so won't happen. All goes back to how physical the o-line plays. 

IMHO the QB’s confidence issues stem from the lack of execution from his O-line. 

Hard to throw with confidence when your running for you’re life. 

The games where the Oline does their job... he’s look outstanding. He can thread some needles. 

But when they are lazy/confused/what ever you want to call it.... the offense has sputtered. 

All comes down to which line shows up.  It’s been a Jekyll and Hyde show this far. 

When they are hustling.... we can play with anyone. 

When they aren’t.... anyone can ply with us.