3A Division I Bi-District: 5 vs 6

Eagleborn

Still a week out but most things are set. District 5 has their teams, six is waiting on one. 

MV vs GW

Winnsboro/Potts vs Tatum

Winnsboro/Potts vs WO

Mineola vs Atlanta/Jefferson

IMO it should be Atlanta coming out on top against Jefferson but it’s still 2020 so who knows. 

D5 is loaded. 4-0 very possible. Best case scenario for D6 is 2-2...... IMO

Biggest question to me is are D5 teams as good as they think or are they just evenly matched with each other or both?

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Still a week out but most things are set. District 5 has their teams, six is waiting on one. 

MV vs GW

Winnsboro/Potts vs Tatum

Winnsboro/Potts vs WO

IMO it should be Atlanta coming out on top against Jefferson but it’s still 2020 so who knows. 

Biggest question to me is are D5 teams as good as they think or are they just evenly matched with each other or both?

Same exact thing I was thinking.

27 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

MV vs GW

Winnsboro/Potts vs Tatum

Winnsboro/Potts vs WO

Thats the million dollar question. Its all about matchups at the end of the day. Could go any sort of way. The biggest thing will be to focus on one game at a time and not be worried about what looms in the second round. 

30 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Apparently we are no threat and would have to play a perfect game to beat MV. Did I miss something or haven’t they lost 2 district games ?  Guess Winnsboro is a better team and played a perfect game. Potts too 🙃

MV uptempo offense will be a challenge for us but can they stop ours.  We can strike fast or grind it out. 

30 minutes ago, coolbear99 said:

MV uptempo offense will be a challenge for us but can they stop ours.  We can strike fast or grind it out. 

Oh don’t get me wrong I don’t think it will be an easy game for either team but to think we have to play a perfect game to have a chance is disrespect. 

Guest Tiger03lb
1 minute ago, GWBears01 said:

Oh don’t get me wrong I don’t think it will be an easy game for either team but to think we have to play a perfect game to have a chance is disrespect. 

You gotta play a perfect game man! Don't you know this! 😂

Guest Tiger03lb

I got

GW

It's a push with either team with the all mighty tatum, if its winny/tatum-winny wins; if its potts/tatum-tatum for the upset

Minny

Allen will abuse the MV secondary if they give any sort of effort similar to recent games. I do think the tempo of MV will cause a few problems. Ultimately if GW gave up 44 to Sabine, and no disrespect to Sabine but if GW has a secondary issue i think MV could score a bunch themselves. Should be a really good game in my opinion 

24 minutes ago, chevyman said:

and no disrespect to Sabine but if GW has a secondary issue i think MV could score a bunch themselves. Should be a really good game in my opinion 

Dunno about anybody else but we threw for 305 on them and we're a running team. 305 passing yards is literally like the 2nd or 3rd most passing yards in a game in Tatum history lol.  Sabine threw for 369 on them. But you're right....Allen will likely burn them often. He had 288 receiving yards out of the 340 passing yards they had on us. 

GW vs MV should easily reach 100 points between the 2 lol. 

57 minutes ago, chevyman said:

Allen will abuse the MV secondary if they give any sort of effort similar to recent games. I do think the tempo of MV will cause a few problems. Ultimately if GW gave up 44 to Sabine, and no disrespect to Sabine but if GW has a secondary issue i think MV could score a bunch themselves. Should be a really good game in my opinion 

Definitely will be a good game. I think we will get the necessary stops to win. 

39 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

I really think all four games are toss ups...either district could sweep but that most likely won't happen. I do think D-5 will win 3 of the four match-ups.  

I don’t see a sweep happening by either district but there will be some good competitive games. I’ll go with a 2-2 split. 

Gilmer won’t host while they are in playoffs.  Should be hard finding a venue with 5A and 6A still playing district games.  Remember last year how that north district was supposed to sweep Gladewater/Sabine and the rest of this district and then got their feelings hurt.  🤔. That’s why we play the games.  Hope D6 can stay healthy this week and make a showing in the first round. 

1 minute ago, JoeRoughneck said:

Gilmer won’t host while they are in playoffs.  Should be hard finding a venue with 5A and 6A still playing district games.  Remember last year how that north district was supposed to sweep Gladewater/Sabine and the rest of this district and then got their feelings hurt.  🤔. That’s why we play the games.  Hope D6 can stay healthy this week and make a showing in the first round. 

Gilmer not hosting while they are in playoffs something new?

I think there should be real conversation of how good WOs defense appears to be. Holding GW to 31 and Tatum to a goose egg for 2 plus quarters is quite the feat in my opinion. Do they have the offense to beat one of those two potential opponents? That remains to be seen but i think they will give us/potts all we want.

6 minutes ago, chevyman said:

I think there should be real conversation of how good WOs defense appears to be. Holding GW to 31 and Tatum to a goose egg for 2 plus quarters is quite the feat in my opinion. Do they have the offense to beat one of those two potential opponents? That remains to be seen but i think they will give us/potts all we want.

I said last that they matchup better with Winnsboro. They don’t have offense to get in a shootout. Heck, their one score against us came out of a illegal formation but officials missed it. 

11 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

I said last that they matchup better with Winnsboro. They don’t have offense to get in a shootout. Heck, their one score against us came out of a illegal formation but officials missed it. 

I agree with that and id say we probably matchup better with them than you guys but ultimately it doesn’t matter you have to beat whoever is in front of you. How would you guys feel about playing in Pittsburg?