3A Division I Bi-District: 5 vs 6

Eagleborn

10 minutes ago, Blazin97 said:

@chevymanin your opinion is this years team better than your 3 round team last year? 

Hmm. Thats a great question. In some ways yes. Some ways no. I think our offensive line was better last year. I think our defense is better this year. Though we still don’t pass it much, we have shown more of it this year. The shotgun formation, etc. never did any of that last year. I still think we haven’t even scratched the surface in that regard. Obviously year 2 in a system means better. We are missing the bruising runner that we had last year in #8 but this year we have more kids able to run the ball so that helps. All in all i think it would be difficult to say one or the other is better if that makes sense. I do think we’re starting to hit our stride though so we’ll see

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JoeRoughneck said:

Gilmer Coach has already said they won’t host, if that changed, I’m not sure.  As far as missed calls in our game with Tatum, they went both ways.  The onside kick was a huge momentum swing.  If the correct call was made, WO has the ball on the 48 yard line with momentum.  But that’s neither here nor there.  I’m rooting for Tatum and the rest of 6-3A to make a run.  

The correct call was made, it was easy to see that a white oak player touched the ball just before it traveled 10 yards. I even went back and watched it. He touched it about a yard short. 

14 hours ago, JoeRoughneck said:

Gilmer Coach has already said they won’t host, if that changed, I’m not sure.  As far as missed calls in our game with Tatum, they went both ways.  The onside kick was a huge momentum swing.  If the correct call was made, WO has the ball on the 48 yard line with momentum.  But that’s neither here nor there.  I’m rooting for Tatum and the rest of 6-3A to make a run.  

If correct calls were made that would of been y’all only kickoff. Neither hear nor thur. 

1 hour ago, Eagle8 said:

The correct call was made, it was easy to see that a white oak player touched the ball just before it traveled 10 yards. I even went back and watched it. He touched it about a yard short. 

well it doesn’t matter either way.  Good luck to all of us next week.  I think we all have a shot.  

Guest Tiger03lb
15 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

Just on their side of brackets to get to the region final but not through the whole playoffs.

Potts/Winny

GV

Possible koff

Possible GW/Minny

Possible Brock/Jim Ned

That's a tough road, imo. Lol

Guest Tiger03lb
58 minutes ago, mightyeagle said:

mainly talking about GV im not that worried about koff

I wouldn't worry about us either. We got nothing here to see. GV will take care of the cupcakes 😂

2 hours ago, Tiger03lb said:

Potts/Winny

GV

Possible koff

Possible GW/Minny

Possible Brock/Jim Ned

That's a tough road, imo. Lol

My point was that once either side of the bracket gets to the region final they both have the same road after that. I agree that the side of the bracket they are on is the toughest but once they get to play the other side both sides have the same journey. Plus I'd have to say if they beat both Malakoff and Grandview then I will make them the favorite against any team coming from the other side of bracket.

8 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

My point was that once either side of the bracket gets to the region final they both have the same road after that. I agree that the side of the bracket they are on is the toughest but once they get to play the other side both sides have the same journey. Plus I'd have to say if they beat both Malakoff and Grandview then I will make them the favorite against any team coming from the other side of bracket.

I think youre right. At the end of the day on any given Thursday/Friday/Saturday, anybody can be beat. Going to be fun to watch it shake out. Im just hoping that i can get into that Semifinal game hopefully at the Star. Been a 3 year tradition for me stay up there that weekend and watch some great football.

39 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

thats my point exactly