3A Division I Bi-District: 5 vs 6

Eagleborn

8 minutes ago, Bears36 said:

After looking at film on D5. D6 could possibly go 3-1. Not much Defense on the D5 side. Mineola is the best team.  If you stop there running game they are in trouble. MV can’t stop the run. They have big kids on both sides of the ball. The QB is not accurate if you get pressure on him. Winn if you get a couple of stops on them they are in trouble. They can’t pass cover well. Potts throw the ball well but have trouble stopping the run. In all this said there will be good football next week. In my opinion our Division have played some stronger teams. It want be easy but if D6 come out and play it will go 3-1. D5 will have problem with D6 speed on offense and Defense.  

MV hasn’t stopped the run one game and that was against Winnsboro Wing T. They were letting everything come to them and getting killed 4-5 yards a play. Other than that they have kept run games in check and held Mineola to 20 points. Potts only real positive runs were QB scrambles after the pass wasn’t open. 
I would say our run defense is better than our pass defense. Need to move some receivers to the swcondary as well. It’s hard to win against good opponents not playing your best athletes both ways. 

2 minutes ago, Blazin97 said:

MV hasn’t stopped the run one game and that was against Winnsboro Wing T. They were letting everything come to them and getting killed 4-5 yards a play. Other than that they have kept run games in check and held Mineola to 20 points. Potts only real positive runs were QB scrambles after the pass wasn’t open. 
I would say our run defense is better than our pass defense. Need to move some receivers to the swcondary as well. It’s hard to win against good opponents not playing your best athletes both ways. 

Y’all did stop Mineola. But Gladewater runs well and pass well.  If we don’t beat you with the run we will get you with the pass. That’s the difference this year for Gladewater. 

Not saying 

1 minute ago, Bears36 said:

Y’all did stop Mineola. But Gladewater runs well and pass well.  If we don’t beat you with the run we will get you with the pass. That’s the difference this year for Gladewater. 

Not saying we can’t be beat. But y’all will have to pick which one to stop the run or pass. 

2 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

Yeah pretty much impossible at this point. Maybe he knows something we don't though.

If I figured right, NB and Jeffy would have to win along with y’all beating us. That would force a 4 way tie and Sabine don’t have enough points to make it. It would go to Atlanta. 

15 minutes ago, Blazin97 said:

We will probably be the most balanced team you guys have played. Our coaches don’t mind running it 40 times or throwing it 35. They’ve done a great job adapting to what the defense gives us. Most teams gear up to stop the run against us and when that happens we have receivers that can dominate a game. If you choose to focus on the receivers we can grind you to death.  This will be a high scoring game. 

12 minutes ago, Bears36 said:

I’m not arguing with you about GW running and passing well. I’ve watched a few of y’all’s games on live stream and GW is for real. I was just arguing your point about MV not being able to stop the run. 
DJ Allen is going to torch us if we don’t make some changes in the secondary. 
But we might torch y’alls secondary too 👀

1 minute ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

If I figured right, NB and Jeffy would have to win along with y’all beating us. That would force a 4 way tie and Sabine don’t have enough points to make it. It would go to Atlanta. 

Yeah we don't deserve it anyways. 

1 minute ago, GWBears01 said:

We will probably be the most balanced team you guys have played. Our coaches don’t mind running it 40 times or throwing it 35. They’ve done a great job adapting to what the defense gives us. Most teams gear up to stop the run against us and when that happens we have receivers that can dominate a game. If you choose to focus on the receivers we can grind you to death.  This will be a high scoring game. 

I see the score being pretty high as well. We have to make some adjustments on defense or y’all might score every drive. 
But we can keep up in a shootout too. If no adjustments are made in the secondary I’m not too confident in MV because I think GW is good enough to get a couple stops. 
If adjustments are made, I like MV 

Just wondering if Potts might hold out their QB for Fridays game...he is so critical for the success of that team and having injury problems early in the year I could definitely see why they would. Of course they probably won't, but after watching him destroy the MV defense with his running and passing I think he is definitely the key to them making a deep run in the playoffs and with this game being about seeding in the playoffs you have to at least consider it...that being said I think these will be some great first round games next week. All four will be close hard fought games with D-5 going 3-1.

10 minutes ago, chevyman said:

I just dont see D6 going 3-1 personally. I will certainly be the first on here to admit wrong if it happens i just dont see it. I think we can all agree that all 4 should be very competitive 

I am not saying we will go 3-1 but do you remember last year when everyone said our district would only win one game. Instead, GW, Sabine and Winnsboro all won. Sometimes when teams are so closely matched it creates an illusion that those teams are really good. Could it be that those teams are all just on the same level ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GWBears01 said:

I am not saying we will go 3-1 but do you remember last year when everyone said our district would only win one game. Instead, GW, Sabine and Winnsboro all won. Sometimes when teams are so closely matched it creates an illusion that those teams are really good. Could it be that those teams are all just on the same level ?

That is a very good point yes. I think thats why i ended my thought with all 4 should be very competitive. Plus this year theres not much that would surprise me.

2 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Looking at film really Mineola stood out because of the running game. 

22 minutes ago, Bears36 said:

Looking at film really Mineola stood out because of the running game. 

Sneed is a handful. The only reason hey pass the ball effectively at all is because a defense has to focus everyone on stopping him. With Sneed everyone can be in the right place at the right time and he can still get 7 yards. 

2 hours ago, Blazin97 said:

And Mineola held MV to 23....and the Jackets running plays were setting up the two TD's through the air. They almost  pulled off a win by keeping the ball away from the MV Off. Sneed did a great job of getting the yardage he did, and the game may have had a different outcome if he had been given the ball on 4th and short....it won't happen that way again....Ghair-own-teed😉  

25 minutes ago, gamewatcher63 said:

And Mineola held MV to 23....and the Jackets running plays were setting up the two TD's through the air. They almost  pulled off a win by keeping the ball away from the MV Off. Sneed did a great job of getting the yardage he did, and the game may have had a different outcome if he had been given the ball on 4th and short....it won't happen that way again....Ghair-own-teed😉  

Never took a shot a Mineola defense it’s probably best in the district. But the MV defense was able to get stops against yalls potent rushing offense, so I wouldn’t say we had no run defense. Don’t get me started on our secondary... 
MV had to sell out to stop the run so corner had no safety help on Pendergrass on his two receiving TDs where we got burned. 

8 minutes ago, Blazin97 said:

Never took a shot a Mineola defense it’s probably best in the district. But the MV defense was able to get stops against yall's potent rushing offense, so I wouldn’t say we had no run defense. Don’t get me started on our secondary... 
MV had to sell out to stop the run so corner had no safety help on Pendergrass on his two receiving TDs where we got burned. 

Not taking shot's at MV either, just saying everyone on Mineola side was in shock when Sneed didn't get the ball on 4th down. I understand the reason for the call. But I think 23 would have a better chance at getting the 1st. Mineola changed up their wildcat backfield alignment after playing MV, big improvement with extra blocker and very hard to stop even when you know what's coming. Hope the Jackets get a win tomorrow and ya'll can go Bear hunting....good luck. 

• Like 1