GILMER Vs P.G District Championship!!!!!!

MIZETX

Week 11  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Pleasant Grove Hawks
    • Gilmer Buckeyes

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/07/2020 at 01:30 AM

With the injuries to PG, and the fact the game is in Gilmer, I’m going with the Bux in a 41-38 type game.  Both defenses will get gashed in different ways by the offenses, but Gilmer gets a big stop at some point in the game to force a FG vs giving up the TD.  That will be the difference in the game.

39 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

Picked PG. But wouldn't be surprised to see Gilmer win. 

I feel the same. I picked PG, but would not be surprised to see Gilmer win. Gilmer cannot start slow and they have to limit mistakes. But I do think Gilmer has a big matchup advantage WR vs the PG secondary. Just have to give Gilmer QB time, and I don’t know if they can do that. I think PG is better up front on both sides of the ball, which is why I picked them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Who y’all got? I think this will be a good one if we can limit our mistakes and don’t start so slow we win but if not we could be in for a long night.

I agree with this statement 100%. Question is what Team will show up. I am hoping we come out swinging and highly motivated. Big game with big lights. Hope our guys are focused and have a good game plan. We have to execute and minimize the mistakes on both sides of the ball. Anything can and will happen on a Friday Night. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Sbk5280 said:

I agree with this statement 100%. Question is what Team will show up. I am hoping we come out swinging and highly motivated. Big game with big lights. Hope our guys are focused and have a good game plan. We have to execute and minimize the mistakes on both sides of the ball. Anything can and will happen on a Friday Night. 

I think the boys have been focused on this game all year. They were excited about all of them but especially this one because they know they have the talent I think this comes down to coaching and adjusting I like what I’m seeing from Coach Edwards and the defense and how he’s gotten better 

I’m still picking PG by about 14-20.   I am not overly impressed with the Gilmer O.   I think the Fluelen kid is outstanding but don’t see much of a run game.   Seems they try to force the passing game at times.  I just don’t see them scoring much against PG.   Gilmers O is not Argyle or Carthage.   In the Regional final, because they will meet again, Im gonna say it will be a little bit closer.   

PG 35

Gilmer 20

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, BlackShirtD said:

I’m still picking PG by about 14-20.   I am not overly impressed with the Gilmer O.   I think the Fluelen kid is outstanding but don’t see much of a run game.   Seems they try to force the passing game at times.  I just don’t see them scoring much against PG.   Gilmers O is not Argyle or Carthage.   In the Regional final, because they will meet again, Im gonna say it will be a little bit closer.   

PG 35

Gilmer 20

Yeah our run game has lacked this year for sure. We have our moments of shine, but overall just highs and lows. If our O Line can step it up this week would help us a lot. We need to give BT a little more time to make something happen or make some holes so we can get into space. We need our O to make some solid blocks. PG is still stacked on both lines and will be a tall order. 

3 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Who y’all got? I think this will be a good one if we can limit our mistakes and don’t start so slow we win but if not we could be in for a long night.

If PG doesn't have a lot of turnovers Gilmer should be in for a long night.

2 hours ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Do PG fans agree that PG is not as good this year as the past 3? I feel like they are a little down from 2017 - 2019, but that’s only based on seeing them once. Would be interested in an unbiased opinion. 

They miss Ben Harmon, Landon Jackson, and Marcus Burris. But they're still better than Gilmer.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Sbk5280 said:

Yeah our run game has lacked this year for sure. We have our moments of shine, but overall just highs and lows. If our O Line can step it up this week would help us a lot. We need to give BT a little more time to make something happen or make some holes so we can get into space. We need our O to make some solid blocks. PG is still stacked on both lines and will be a tall order. 

Sounds like a Gilmer fan trying to fire up his kids.

I’m going with Gilmer at home.  PG has a great team full of really good players, but they are not the same team without #40 and #44.  Those that say otherwise are just wishful thinking.  This will be a slugfest and will resemble the 2017 game.  Give me the Bux in a 41-38 type game.  Difference will be Gilmer getting a key stop in the red zone to force a FG.

56 minutes ago, powerlifter said:

who has the best defence iwill take the one  with best 

Through 9 games Gilmer gives up 23 per.    Through 9 games PG gives up 15 per.   1 of those was a 0 due to SH forfeit, prob been around 14.
Through 9 games Gilmer scores 45 per.   Through 9 games PG scores 35 per.   18 due to SH forfeit, prob been more.

• Like 1

One team doesn’t run it well, one team doesn’t pass it well. I’ll give PG a slight edge on D, but common opponents are pretty similar. Not sure why anyone would think they will blow the other out. I think some PG fans  are a little overconfident from the past couple years. Don’t think this team is on that level. Should be a good game. Give me Gilmer at home in a real close one.

• Like 3