GILMER Vs P.G District Championship!!!!!!

MIZETX

Week 11  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Pleasant Grove Hawks
    • Gilmer Buckeyes

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/07/2020 at 01:30 AM

59 minutes ago, BuckNut said:

You mean the Texarkana area all star team Gibson has managed to recruit.  As good of a recruiter as he is he could be making 6 times the money if he was in college ball.

I don't live in Pleasant Grove, but you should be ashamed of yourselves for saying Gibson recruits. I know for a fact that it's the parents wanting their boys to play for him. It has really hurt Liberty-Eylau, while Texas High and Arkansas High have also lost outstanding players to PG. I don't like it, but that's the way it is right now in Texarkana. Just like when Traylor coached at Gilmer.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Texlov said:

I don't live in Pleasant Grove, but you should be ashamed of yourselves for saying Gibson recruits. I know for a fact that it's the parents wanting their boys to play for him. It has really hurt Liberty-Eylau, while Texas High and Arkansas High have also lost outstanding players to PG. I don't like it, but that's the way it is right now in Texarkana. Just like when Traylor coached at Gilmer.

Name the kids that came from surrounding schools that we got 

The team that puts up the most points wins......so I'm guessing that this season's Gilmer offense will find a way and have more opportunities to convert those chances into points on the board.  Even if they get only one more point than PG.  I think not having Jackson will help Gilmer immensely and so will a home game to decide the district championship.  Everything will be left on the field for the Buckeyes........not so sure about the Hawks.  There is a such thing as a hunger factor to consider also.  If Gilmer goes into halftime with the lead......I think they will win it.  IF they are losing at halftime, they still may be able to find some magic in the 2nd half.  Halftime adjustments can make a difference.  Not a knock against PG........just a vote for a good offense.

PG defense will do fine against the offensive air attack of Gilmer. They are not world beaters. And all Gilmer fans are quick to say that PG secondary won’t hold up against the Gilmer receivers. But, do you really think Gilmer QB will have time to make those throws? Landon will be missed tremendously, but we will still get pressure on BT. The real question is, will Gilmer Defense make enough stops on PG’s running offense to offset the time of possession and clock eating drives. I don’t see it. Gilmers run defense is suspect, and I don’t believe PG will have to pass to win.

As always, I think it’s silly to cry out “recruiting!”

Carthage hears it, PG hears it, Gilmer heard it for several years. All that says to me is when you have a successful program, kids and parents of kids who are heavily invested in their child’s football career/experience want them to play in that kind of program. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, eagle34 said:

Dont forget Blake Lynch, without him you wouldn't have won the SC in 2014

Blake Lynch was just one player.  We were going to win state that year regardless.  Blake definitely helped fill the void with the death an even better player, in my opinion, Desmond Pollard.  I agree with mikehoncho.  The recruiting accusations usually only fly around when a team has built a winning program.  Everybody wants to be part of a winner.  Parents want their children to get more exposure to college recruiters, and the more games a team plays, the more exposure they will get.

Now, let's talk about this game.  This game has been circled on these two teams' calendar all year.  I'm excited, as well as anxious, to see what happens this season.  The Buckeyes have a new head coach and a new defensive coordinator.  I definitely like the direction these coaches are taking the team.  The Buckeyes can't match the physical size of the Hawks, so they will have to find a way to neutralize it.  I do think the Buckeyes have a couple of advantages, overall team speed and depth.  We will need to keep PG from dictating the pace of this game.  The way to do that is to get stops defensively, and get into a good rhythm offensively.  If the Buckeye offense gets into a good rhythm it will be hard for PG to get stops regularly.

I don't know what will happen in this game, to be honest, but I do think the gap has been closed a bunch over the last 3 seasons.  We've been working hard to get back to this point for several seasons.  We have the talent this year to do that.  We just have to be to prove it.  We have to be just as mentally tough as PG, and take it to them for 4 quarters.  Refuse to lose, and protect our house.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, blackflag79 said:

Blake Lynch was just one player.  We were going to win state that year regardless.  Blake definitely helped fill the void with the death an even better player, in my opinion, Desmond Pollard.  I agree with mikehoncho.  The recruiting accusations usually only fly around when a team has built a winning program.  Everybody wants to be part of a winner.  Parents want their children to get more exposure to college recruiters, and the more games a team plays, the more exposure they will get.

Now, let's talk about this game.  This game has been circled on these two teams' calendar all year.  I'm excited, as well as anxious, to see what happens this season.  The Buckeyes have a new head coach and a new defensive coordinator.  I definitely like the direction these coaches are taking the team.  The Buckeyes can't match the physical size of the Hawks, so they will have to find a way to neutralize it.  I do think the Buckeyes have a couple of advantages, overall team speed and depth.  We will need to keep PG from dictating the pace of this game.  The way to do that is to get stops defensively, and get into a good rhythm offensively.  If the Buckeye offense gets into a good rhythm it will be hard for PG to get stops regularly.

I don't know what will happen in this game, to be honest, but I do think the gap has been closed a bunch over the last 3 seasons.  We've been working hard to get back to this point for several seasons.  We have the talent this year to do that.  We just have to be to prove it.  We have to be just as mentally tough as PG, and take it to them for 4 quarters.  Refuse to lose, and protect our house.

“I agree with mikehoncho” 

Sweet, sweet words that I needed to hear today. 🤗

• Like 1

There has been a few move ins to Gilmer Especially back when we were winning The State Championships for sure. When you win Like PG, Carthage, Longview etc. that is gonna happen. I know i couldn't stand when people say oh Gilmer recruited and that is why they won. I do not blame those kids parents or the kids for wanting to go play at PG. It is what it is and can not wait until tomorrow night. Go Bucks!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

Thanks! I just might watch this matchup. Just have to make the crucial decision of whose stream to watch... 🤔

I went to the Texarkana Gameday Stream when they played Carthage because KGAS was terrible.  I enjoyed their broadcast.  Much more professional than most.  Multiple cameras.  Announcers are homers, but I mean, I'm used to listening the Larry and Mark every week....

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JBizzle said:

I went to the Texarkana Gameday Stream when they played Carthage because KGAS was terrible.  I enjoyed their broadcast.  Much more professional than most.  Multiple cameras.  Announcers are homers, but I mean, I'm used to listening the Larry and Mark every week....

Announcers are homers....it's a Texarkana broadcast....they are supposed to be homers.  It's not supposed to be neutral

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JBizzle said:

Haha I know what you mean. 

I have watched both broadcasts of their respective games against Carthage. I think the overall production quality of Texarkana Gameday is better. I think that the guys for Gilmer do a better job of being less homer though, I will give them that. 

Just now, mikehoncho said:

Haha I know what you mean. 

I have watched both broadcasts of their respective games against Carthage. I think the overall production quality of Texarkana Gameday is better. I think that the guys for Gilmer do a better job of being less homer though, I will give them that. 

Thats funny!!!!!!!!! Gilmer broadcaster are the worst homers I have every heard anywhere!!!!

• Like 1