GILMER Vs P.G District Championship!!!!!!

MIZETX

Week 11  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Pleasant Grove Hawks
    • Gilmer Buckeyes

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/07/2020 at 01:30 AM

Just now, Hawk20 said:

Announcers are homers....it's a Texarkana broadcast....they are supposed to be homers.  It's not supposed to be neutral

Agreed! And I’ve said that before on an older thread. It is nice when announcers at least try to be more objective though, in my opinion.

58 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

Didn't say they weren't.  Calm down.  I listen to KGAS, they are more homer than anyone.

Oh yes, I second that as well. I vividly remember a game a few years ago where Mark said “Larry... our boys are just better than their boys.” 

It was true, but didn’t seem like the thing to say. Haha.

16 minutes ago, Hawk20 said:

Thats funny!!!!!!!!! Gilmer broadcaster are the worst homers I have every heard anywhere!!!!

I have to agree with Hawk20. But radio broadcasters are supposed to be homers. Their hometowns pay for the advertising which allows them to do the broadcasts.

On 11/3/2020 at 11:46 PM, Sportsguru02 said:

Because his dad got shot ok and that’s 1 PG has half the kids from surrounding schools 

Every year that Traylor was at Gilmer they got accused of recruiting players from other schools. I know Traylor personally and know that's not true. But it's laughable when you say Gilmer didn't have a lot of transfers during that time. I don't live in Gilmer so I don't know the players, but I heard the rumors every year.

46 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

Haha I know what you mean. 

I have watched both broadcasts of their respective games against Carthage. I think the overall production quality of Texarkana Gameday is better. I think that the guys for Gilmer do a better job of being less homer though, I will give them that. 

I rewatched the SH vs Gilmer game on the Gilmer broadcast.  I found their announcers to be pretty complimentary of SH most of the first half.  Almost to the point where they were negative towards Gilmer at times for not blowing us out yet.  But they got their wish in the last 90 seconds of the second quarter and the entire second half.  😂

• LOL! 1

2 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

I rewatched the SH vs Gilmer game on the Gilmer broadcast.  I found their announcers to be pretty complimentary of SH most of the first half.  Almost to the point where they were negative towards Gilmer at times for not blowing us out yet.  But they got their wish in the last 90 seconds of the second quarter and the entire second half.  😂

Exactly! In the Carthage game they were almost revering them. Like to the point where if I were a Carthage coach or player I would have been blushing. 😂

I would not ask or expect that from any announcers when covering a game. That’s just one reason why it seemed to me that the Gilmer announcers were less “homer”. 

1 minute ago, Sportsguru02 said:

They can be hard to listen to at times but I can’t judge them cause they’re doing it for free and I wouldn't do it but I would prolly try both and see which one u can stand the most lol 

Nothing wrong with that! I’ve listened to much worse than all the above mentioned crews and broadcasts. Haha

On 11/4/2020 at 9:01 AM, blackflag79 said:

Blake Lynch was just one player.  We were going to win state that year regardless.  Blake definitely helped fill the void with the death an even better player, in my opinion, Desmond Pollard.  I agree with mikehoncho.  The recruiting accusations usually only fly around when a team has built a winning program.  Everybody wants to be part of a winner.  Parents want their children to get more exposure to college recruiters, and the more games a team plays, the more exposure they will get.

Now, let's talk about this game.  This game has been circled on these two teams' calendar all year.  I'm excited, as well as anxious, to see what happens this season.  The Buckeyes have a new head coach and a new defensive coordinator.  I definitely like the direction these coaches are taking the team.  The Buckeyes can't match the physical size of the Hawks, so they will have to find a way to neutralize it.  I do think the Buckeyes have a couple of advantages, overall team speed and depth.  We will need to keep PG from dictating the pace of this game.  The way to do that is to get stops defensively, and get into a good rhythm offensively.  If the Buckeye offense gets into a good rhythm it will be hard for PG to get stops regularly.

I don't know what will happen in this game, to be honest, but I do think the gap has been closed a bunch over the last 3 seasons.  We've been working hard to get back to this point for several seasons.  We have the talent this year to do that.  We just have to be to prove it.  We have to be just as mentally tough as PG, and take it to them for 4 quarters.  Refuse to lose, and protect our house.

Go back and watch the SC game that year. Gilmer would not have won the game without Lynch on the field that day. You can diminish it all you want. Just 1 player? You're a homer which is understandable. No shame in admitting with the exception of Boyd the kid from Troup was the best player on the team. You are correct about Pollard, would have been another D1 Gilmer player. 

1 hour ago, mikehoncho said:

Exactly! In the Carthage game they were almost revering them. Like to the point where if I were a Carthage coach or player I would have been blushing. 😂

I would not ask or expect that from any announcers when covering a game. That’s just one reason why it seemed to me that the Gilmer announcers were less “homer”. 

The Carthage announcers do a very good job complimenting the other teams players but they are Carthage announcers. One of them played DI football and does a good job. 
If you want them to be less of a Homer, all you have to do is beat the 7 times state champ. 

On 11/4/2020 at 2:59 AM, regaleagle said:

The team that puts up the most points wins......so I'm guessing that this season's Gilmer offense will find a way and have more opportunities to convert those chances into points on the board.  Even if they get only one more point than PG.  I think not having Jackson will help Gilmer immensely and so will a home game to decide the district championship.  Everything will be left on the field for the Buckeyes........not so sure about the Hawks.  There is a such thing as a hunger factor to consider also.  If Gilmer goes into halftime with the lead......I think they will win it.  IF they are losing at halftime, they still may be able to find some magic in the 2nd half.  Halftime adjustments can make a difference.  Not a knock against PG........just a vote for a good offense.

Don't worry about the Hawk's not leaving it all on the field. They have dominated you goobs the last few seasons and it won't be any different tomorrow night. Put on your big girl panties and be ready to play. That running attack is going to turn you into road kill and you are going fo' sho' leave it on the field, smashed Buckeye intestines.

4 minutes ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

Don't worry about the Hawk's not leaving it all on the field. They have dominated you goobs the last few seasons and it won't be any different tomorrow night. Put on your big girl panties and be ready to play. That running attack is going to turn you into road kill and you are going fo' sho' leave it on the field, smashed Buckeye intestines.

Good thing history only goes back a few seasons 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

You obviously don’t know Reagle is an Argyle fan.

Its Finally Game Day Buckeyes!! This game is what everyone has been working for all year. District title and bragging rights against  the defending SC. Play hard, play physical, play smart, and play with Heart. Good Luck my friends! Safe travels to everyone traveling to the games tonight. See yall at the game. GO BUX!!!

• Like 3

15 hours ago, eagle34 said:

Go back and watch the SC game that year. Gilmer would not have won the game without Lynch on the field that day. You can diminish it all you want. Just 1 player? You're a homer which is understandable. No shame in admitting with the exception of Boyd the kid from Troup was the best player on the team. You are correct about Pollard, would have been another D1 Gilmer player. 

We can agree to disagree on that one.  There were other players that would have stepped up.  That team was loaded.  I may be a homer, but I am also very much a realist.  Anybody who knows me can tell you that.