GILMER Vs P.G District Championship!!!!!!

MIZETX

Week 11  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Pleasant Grove Hawks
    • Gilmer Buckeyes

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/07/2020 at 01:30 AM

On 11/4/2020 at 2:59 AM, regaleagle said:

The team that puts up the most points wins......so I'm guessing that this season's Gilmer offense will find a way and have more opportunities to convert those chances into points on the board.  Even if they get only one more point than PG.  I think not having Jackson will help Gilmer immensely and so will a home game to decide the district championship.  Everything will be left on the field for the Buckeyes........not so sure about the Hawks.  There is a such thing as a hunger factor to consider also.  If Gilmer goes into halftime with the lead......I think they will win it.  IF they are losing at halftime, they still may be able to find some magic in the 2nd half.  Halftime adjustments can make a difference.  Not a knock against PG........just a vote for a good offense.

So the 41 points PG had against Argyle.        (trash time or not) not a good offense? Has anyone else scored that many on Argyle this year? Not that PG ever threatened to win game, but, PG never let up, unlike the game with Carthage. Totally different look after halftime (which it was tied). If memory serves me correctly, wasn’t it 28-0 Carthage in first quarter against Gilmer?

3 minutes ago, HawkNation12 said:

So the 41 points PG had against Argyle.        (trash time or not) not a good offense? Has anyone else scored that many on Argyle this year? Not that PG ever threatened to win game, but, PG never let up, unlike the game with Carthage. Totally different look after halftime (which it was tied). If memory serves me correctly, wasn’t it 28-0 Carthage in first quarter against Gilmer?

I understand wanting to believe it wasn’t what it looked like, but PG was out-coached and out-played against Carthage. It wasn’t that they just “let up”. It’s all about making the adjustments and then executing them. No one does it better than Surratt and Co. 

PG very well may beat Gilmer tonight. But speaking from an outside perspective, I was more impressed by Gilmer vs. Carthage than PG vs. Carthage. 

Just now, mikehoncho said:

I understand wanting to believe it wasn’t what it looked like, but PG was out-coached and out-played against Carthage. It wasn’t that they just “let up”. It’s all about making the adjustments and then executing them. No one does it better than Surratt and Co. 

PG very well may beat Gilmer tonight. But speaking from an outside perspective, I was more impressed by Gilmer vs. Carthage than PG vs. Carthage. The Gilmer offense made more plays and could actually attack downfield. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

PG very well may beat Gilmer tonight. But speaking from an outside perspective, I was more impressed by Gilmer vs. Carthage than PG vs. Carthage. 

I wasn’t, Gilmer was dominated the whole game except for 2 pass plays that were mis-judged by Carthage secondary. 

Just now, HawkNation12 said:

I wasn’t, Gilmer was dominated the whole game except for 2 pass plays that were mis-judged by Carthage secondary. 

I tried to edit my last post to be a little more specific as to why, but I apparently don’t know how to Smoaky. 

I felt more impressed by the Gilmer offense because they could actually attack downfield. They have a few big, athletic receivers that could make tough couches.  Anytime PG tried to throw the ball, it turned out to be a very bad idea. But I also don’t know if that was just a result of playing Carthage. Maybe PG Has consistently thrown the ball well the rest of the season. 

I hope it’s a great game tonight. Not often I get to take off my homer glasses and watch two other quality teams play!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mikehoncho said:

Anytime PG tried to throw the ball, it turned out to be a very bad idea. But I also don’t know if that was just a result of playing Carthage. Maybe PG Has consistently thrown the ball well the rest of the season. 

I hope it’s a great game tonight. Not often I get to take off my homer glasses and watch two other quality teams play!

Pleasant Grove: Jalen Woodside (25 of 71, 640 yards, 9 Td, 8 Int)

1 hour ago, HawkNation12 said:

41 points and over 500 yards of offense.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

14-7 PG with 4 1/2 left in half.

After a easy drive by PG. second huge run of the game by 15, who is apparently a freshman. Fast kid. 

I don’t watch half time very often but that dang twirler for Gilmer is amazing. Heck she was juggling and twirling four at one time. 
I did not see her drop one. 

• Like 3