GILMER Vs P.G District Championship!!!!!!

MIZETX

Week 11  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Pleasant Grove Hawks
    • Gilmer Buckeyes

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/07/2020 at 01:30 AM

2 minutes ago, JasperDawg said:

why did yall play Thursday anyways?

lmao, need that extra day to prepare for Gatesville?😂

Lol i think it was something to do with it helped Shepherd have enough players to field a team?? I could be wrong though. One of the other Carthage posters might know for sure. 

32 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

Lol i think it was something to do with it helped Shepherd have enough players to field a team?? I could be wrong though. One of the other Carthage posters might know for sure. 

The Shepard coach told coach Surratt, grades come out on Friday and he would not have enough players to play.

He wanted his seniors to have a senior night.  

• Like 1

A couple of quick observations:

1. Great game, but Gilmer has to be the team coming away with all the confidence. Lost the turnover battle, gave up a TD right before half after an awful roughing the passer penalty,  and still won the game. If they can clean up the mistakes I’d have to give them an edge in the rematch. 
2. 2nd half showed why Tennison is so special. He made some great passes, but the key was his legs. When he’s on the edge with a run - pass option, he’s incredibly dangerous. 
3. PG freshman is crazy good, maybe the 2nd or 3rd best player on offense. I remember the PG junior high coach actually warning the Gilmer coaches about him in 7th grade. He has Clear D1 potential if he continues to develop 
4. Dylan Fluellen.  Enough said.

5. Gilmer’s defense made great 2nd half adjustments. The Dline played great, and almost all of the kids are underclassmen. Really great game from Gilmer D. 

overall, a great game and a lot of fun to watch. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CasualObserver70 said:

A couple of quick observations:

1. Great game, but Gilmer has to be the team coming away with all the confidence. Lost the turnover battle, gave up a TD right before half after an awful roughing the passer penalty,  and still won the game. If they can clean up the mistakes I’d have to give them an edge in the rematch. 
2. 2nd half showed why Tennison is so special. He made some great passes, but the key was his legs. When he’s on the edge with a run - pass option, he’s incredibly dangerous. 
3. PG freshman is crazy good, maybe the 2nd or 3rd best player on offense. I remember the PG junior high coach actually warning the Gilmer coaches about him in 7th grade. He has Clear D1 potential if he continues to develop 
4. Dylan Fluellen.  Enough said.

5. Gilmer’s defense made great 2nd half adjustments. The Dline played great, and almost all of the kids are underclassmen. Really great game from Gilmer D. 

overall, a great game and a lot of fun to watch. 

Gilmer should just run “Scramble Drill” every play.

What a great win, good for the team, and really good for the fans, hats off to Metzel, this team is improving as the year goes on, unlike the last several years, still cant understand why they dont give Ward more carries, kid is electric, either way this was a great game to watch, I think if we can clean up the penalties, and the Oline, can continue to improve, I can see us going several rounds.....just an fyi, the strip on Gilmer sideline, was a good strip, game ball Tennison/Fluellen!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, GTownballer said:

What a great win, good for the team, and really good for the fans, hats off to Metzel, this team is improving as the year goes on, unlike the last several years, still cant understand why they dont give Ward more carries, kid is electric, either way this was a great game to watch, I think if we can clean up the penalties, and the Oline, can continue to improve, I can see us going several rounds.....just an fyi, the strip on Gilmer sideline, was a good strip, game ball Tennison/Fluellen!

I thought so! Looked clear as day on the broadcast. I imagine the coaches were mad as hell. 

10 minutes ago, GTownballer said:

I think the strip was an inadvertent whistle/waving of the official’s hands.