GILMER Vs P.G District Championship!!!!!!

MIZETX

Week 11  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Pleasant Grove Hawks
    • Gilmer Buckeyes

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/07/2020 at 01:30 AM

37 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

If they have two starters out, that is the definition of depleted.  Now their backups may be better than most starters for other teams.  But they aren't as good as the starters or they would have been the starters...

From what I can tell three of the current D Lineman have been starting all year. I believe (45) Victor Shaw was moved to Defense. A Sophomore who was absent in the Carthage game  6'4 265 player to compensate for 40 Landon Jackson.  He Looks good on film and can move , he could very well have a big game. 

9 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

For u to be from rockwall and not know much about either team u sure have a lot of details about kids backups lol 

I have currrent rosters on both teams and have watched film on both teams. Its just a matter of watching and putting a check by ones name game by game to determine who the key players are. Pretty common practice of a sports writer

5 minutes ago, TexasFootballGuru said:

From what I can tell three of the current D Lineman have been starting all year. I believe (45) Victor Shaw was moved to Defense. A Sophomore who was absent in the Carthage game  6'4 265 player to compensate for 40 Landon Jackson.  He Looks good on film and can move , he could very well have a big game. 

Why would u follow PG if ur from rockwall just asking 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Why would u follow PG if ur from rockwall just asking 

I don't specifically follow PG. I have posted on this Forum a few times over the course of the last 8 weeks. I wanted to see (40) Landon Jackson play so I made the trip tp Paris several weeks ago. This game is obvious a big game for East Texas and has a lot of interest State Wide wouldn't you say?

Both teams are good and will come down to penalties and coaching strategy. I for one hate that pg lost some key players cause I think we can beat them even with them. I read this forum a lot and I feel beating them will not carry the same weight with the talking heads on here cause of pg handicaps. And people that are not from either town only know what they hear more so than what they know. Gilmer also have a couple key players hurt as well. Pg and Gilmer has not had to play as hard and precise as they will this week all season. I’m sure both coaches have not showed you guys everything and with every reason not to. Neither Gilmer nor pg beat Lamar as bad as Pittsburg who got beat by spring hill so what does that tell you. Gilmer comes completely off the gas after a two to three td lead on many teams they have played. Have not play a full four quarter game yet this season. All im saying is come Friday night .................we all will see. But if you want to go off other games the only one you can is Carthage game and both teams had the same point spread 🤷🏼‍♂️  Point is this is gonna be a good one. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TexasFootballGuru said:

I don't specifically follow PG. I have posted on this Forum a few times over the course of the last 8 weeks. I wanted to see (40) Landon Jackson play so I made the trip tp Paris several weeks ago. This game is obvious a big game for East Texas and has a lot of interest State Wide wouldn't you say?

Can you give us a break down of some of our guys 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Can you give us a break down of some of our guys 

(11) Brandon Tennison is a Very good Dual Threat QB. I am hoping he is healthy after being injured vrs Liberty Eylau. While he does tend to force things at times under pressure it will be key that he not give up on plays too soon and leave the pocket just because he will have some pressure running at him. When he is on the run he is less the passer in my opinion and this also sets him up to take some shots running which again Im not sure what kind of condition he is in with his injury

(14) Dylan Fluellen and (12) Mason Hurt are Tennison's Favorite Targets. (6) Spraglin also can make plays as well as the younger Fluellen but in my opinion Hurt and the elder Fluellen present match up problems on the outside for most teams mainly because of height and Physicality especially in Jump ball situations. As for the running game it will be interesting to see if Gilmer cam establish one with Smith and Ward. You may also see (4) Guidry get some carries although he appears to be a more suited as a Special teams returner. Im not sure what the Game plan would entail for Tennison as one hit could mean an early exit.  Defensively Watson, Burton and Jones come to mind as does Dylan Fluellen. I suspect an all out approach to stop the run will be employed. Its important to fit gaps because if there is a bust it will be off to the races for the PG ball carrier

4 hours ago, TexasFootballGuru said:

I have currrent rosters on both teams and have watched film on both teams. Its just a matter of watching and putting a check by ones name game by game to determine who the key players are. Pretty common practice of a sports writer

Kinda seems like you are much more in depth though with PG. Like you have more interest there at least. Perhaps connections that go further than the surface? 

I’m just ruminating. Don’t shoot me. 

Just now, TexasFootballGuru said:

Aren't those usually the ones to watch? 

You have been on this site with this username since October 1st, so more like 4 weeks as opposed to the 8 you said in a previous post on this thread.  And all your postings have been in regards to PG outside of like what... two or three?  

There is nothing wrong with being a homer.  But you got to own it, brother.  Don't hide it.  Then you just look silly.  😂

3 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

You have been on this site with this username since October 1st, so more like 4 weeks as opposed to the 8 you said in a previous post on this thread.  And all your postings have been in regards to PG outside of like what... two or three?  

There is nothing wrong with being a homer.  But you got to own it, brother.  Don't hide it.  Then you just look silly.  😂

Exactly he gave us starters and backups with their weight,height and etc lol

• LOL! 1

Just now, Sportsguru02 said:

Exactly he gave us starters and backups with their weight,height and etc lol

His first post was a long, angry rambling post in the Carthage vs. PG thread when no one on the internet message board was giving PG a chance leading up to the game.  He let everyone know that Carthage was walking into a hornet's nest and then, well... we all know how that one turned out.  His origin story is like that of a superhero movie villain. He felt disrespected by the world. lol

1 minute ago, RonLigma said:

idk why it matters where is he from. Pg wins by two td’s. That’s what most people in the state are thinking. 

It doesn't matter.  It's just silly to pretend to be an unbiased outsider and then talk with such an obvious slant, IMO.  I think this will be a good game that could go either way.  But I also thought that about Jasper and Center.  Not my finest prediction. 

sportsguru lol why you getting on someone for following a team...if you were the guru you say you are then you would understand why people think that. Gilmer has proven that when matched  upfront it can be a prob. Pg with or without Jackson will still look the same on offense and be just as physical on defense. Phillips being raw or not lol would start on any team in east Texas no matter classification. Best chance gilmer has is throwing it around on the corners of pg who have struggled all year

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RonLigma said:

sportsguru lol why you getting on someone for following a team...if you were the guru you say you are then you would understand why people think that. Gilmer has proven that when matched  upfront it can be a prob. Pg with or without Jackson will still look the same on offense and be just as physical on defense. Phillips being raw or not lol would start on any team in east Texas no matter classification. Best chance gilmer has is throwing it around on the corners of pg who have struggled all year

If you know u can go back and look at our games from last yr you would know PG being able to pass the ball was our downfall. Also we always got hurt having to double landon or Burris now I don’t see PG getting pressure with just 3 guys like they have. Been. The question is how will PG depth hold up having to go both ways if we get to going at a fast pace. 

Just now, Sportsguru02 said:

If you know u can go back and look at our games from last yr you would know PG being able to pass the ball was our downfall. Also we always got hurt having to double landon or Burris now I don’t see PG getting pressure with just 3 guys like they have. Been. The question is how will PG depth hold up having to go both ways if we get to going at a fast pace. 

Pg threw the ball 3-5 times last year and will throw it 3-5 times this year. If they happen to connect on a couple it will be considered a good night passing. I agree that the qb and wr they had last year are much better than the two playing rn, but that oline is still the same they’ll keep pounding the ball.  we’ll see what happens

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, RonLigma said:

Pg threw the ball 3-5 times last year and will throw it 3-5 times this year. If they happen to connect on a couple it will be considered a good night passing. I agree that the qb and wr they had last year are much better than the two playing rn, but that oline is still the same they’ll keep pounding the ball.  we’ll see what happens

They passed more than that they kept extending drives with the pass and hit some bombs. That’s what kept us from selling out on the run because we had to respect the pass, also will Logan and Martin have enough gas in the tank from playing both sides of the ball. Last yr Bruce was a work horse that didn’t play a down of defense and the online and dline didn’t have play both ways as much as they do this yr.

1 hour ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Yea this will be a good contest Vs the Bowie County Hawks lol

You mean the Texarkana area all star team Gibson has managed to recruit.  As good of a recruiter as he is he could be making 6 times the money if he was in college ball.