Argyle(9-0/5-0) @ Paris(6-3/3-2) Friday 11/6

regaleagle

YEP.......it's no big secret that Carthage with Surratt and Argyle with Rodgers have established those two schools as top-notch programs in the State of Texas.  Both schools just seem to "reload" each season with an upcoming group of young talented players.  Argyle will also be playing for its 56th regular season victory in a row on Friday night.  Coach Rodgers already surpassed his 200th win earlier this season, and now his goal is #210 with a State Championship win in his 18th season at Argyle.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Argyle's records are showing this will be the 11th meeting and the record is currently (10-0) between the teams.  Maybe somewhere along the way there was a game played you forgot about.  I'm fairly certain this is the first year for Paris and Argyle to be in the same district.  Alot of previous meetings were in early season non-district games and more recently in playoff action.  Maybe one year we played Paris in non-district and then met later that same season in the playoffs???  That would require additional research for a particular season.......tough to do but still do-able.

Went back and checked.  You're correct.  Argyle is 10-0 in the series.  I somehow missed 2012 (a 41-8 loss), which makes a new composite average score of 43-17.  This will be the 3rd district meeting of the two schools.

Well after all the hulabaloo this week with the cheaters on election day, it's finally time to focus our attention back on Texas high school football for GAMEDAY!!!      Finally.......thought it would never get here, but  it's the final game of the regular season tonight for Argyle and they have a big game against the Paris Wildcats!  I kinda like the way the Argyle schedule went in district play.......a tough game against Melissa to start out after an early-season tough schedule that Argyle weathered the storm through.  Then a Bye week and some lightweight district games......then Kaufman last week and a really good Paris team to end it and get our boys ready for the playoffs.  All of Argyle's players were able to play lots of minutes this season......even some players that came up from JV two games ago.  Argyle has a couple of really good sophs. that stayed down on the JV this year that could have been on varsity.......the Felton twins......but they got so much more experience by playing on JV this season. From what I've seen of both of them from last season as freshmen and then this season on JV and now a couple of games on varsity........I'm very happy Argyle has the Felton twins.......Jaaqwan and Jaamael.  They are also almost the exact same size......good thing they have different numbers or you could get them confused very easily.  These guys look just like they were born to play football......both play in the secondary and on special teams on varsity right now.  They are both about 5-11ish/175 it looks like.  I'm guessing both will become a dynamic duo for Argyle in the next two seasons.

16 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Well after all the hulabaloo this week with the cheaters on election day, it's finally time to focus our attention back on Texas high school football for GAMEDAY!!!      Finally.......thought it would never get here, but  it's the final game of the regular season tonight for Argyle and they have a big game against the Paris Wildcats!  I kinda like the way the Argyle schedule went in district play.......a tough game against Melissa to start out after an early-season tough schedule that Argyle weathered the storm through.  Then a Bye week and some lightweight district games......then Kaufman last week and a really good Paris team to end it and get our boys ready for the playoffs.  All of Argyle's players were able to play lots of minutes this season......even some players that came up from JV two games ago.  Argyle has a couple of really good sophs. that stayed down on the JV this year that could have been on varsity.......the Felton twins......but they got so much more experience by playing on JV this season. From what I've seen of both of them from last season as freshmen and then this season on JV and now a couple of games on varsity........I'm very happy Argyle has the Felton twins.......Jaaqwan and Jaamael.  They are also almost the exact same size......good thing they have different numbers or you could get them confused very easily.  These guys look just like they were born to play football......both play in the secondary and on special teams on varsity right now.  They are both about 5-11ish/175 it looks like.  I'm guessing both will become a dynamic duo for Argyle in the next two seasons.

NOPE........wrong again.  Just found their size.......6-1/190 for Jaaqwan and Jaamael looks to be right there too. Didn't find his size yet.....but I reckon it's close.

I came up with tonight's Gameday menu yesterday......something a little different. I'm gonna go with sausage links and sauerkraut with home-made fries and Bush's baked beans(original recipe).  Now for this  sausage links you just hafta find the right type of bread to support the sauerkraut.  I've been buying these Bolo buns off and on for different dishes......just depending on what's for dinner. These buns are made in the bakery department at most grocery stores and look like a humpback whale.......but they are really good.  You put them in the oven in foil for about 10 minutes at 350 and they come out perfect.  This bun will be the absolute perfect bun for these sausage/sauerkraut sandwiches......I guarantee!  Just like Justin Wilson used to say......Hoo Yah!  Bought some pecan pie with vanilla ice cream to celebrate the win after the game.....yeah boy!  GO EAGLES!!     :football:     :p    :trophy:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

I came up with tonight's Gameday menu yesterday......something a little different. I'm gonna go with sausage links and sauerkraut with home-made fries and Bush's baked beans(original recipe).  Now for this  sausage links you just hafta find the right type of bread to support the sauerkraut.  I've been buying these Bolo buns off and on for different dishes......just depending on what's for dinner. These buns are made in the bakery department at most grocery stores and look like a humpback whale.......but they are really good.  You put them in the oven in foil for about 10 minutes at 350 and they come out perfect.  This bun will be the absolute perfect bun for these sausage/sauerkraut sandwiches......I guarantee!  Just like Justin Wilson used to say......Hoo Yah!  Bought some pecan pie with vanilla ice cream to celebrate the win after the game.....yeah boy!  GO EAGLES!!     :football:     :p    :trophy:

Killing me man! I haven’t eaten all day 😂

3 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

Killing me man! I haven’t eaten all day 😂

I cooked a late breakfast around 10 a.m. of softly scrambled eggs, Jimmy Dean Sage sausage patties, some bisquits and good ol' bacon grease white gravy.  This  will do me til we get to tonight's knosh out.  Always save your bacon grease and put it in a jar in the fridge door......I use those long skinny olive jars.  They don't take up much room and hold plenty of drippings. 

• Like 1

Just now, regaleagle said:

Paris won the toss and deferred to the 2nd half......so naturally Argyle will take the football first to start this game.  Great weather for a game tonight so wind should not be a factor.

The speed of some of those Wildcat skill guys might be a factor though.  GO EAGLES!!

Argyle was marching in for a score inside the 12 when Tito Byce was hit hard on a left sweep and fumbled the ball.  Only the 3rd fumble all season for Argyle and the first for Byce......but that was certainly a big hit.  Now Paris has the ball inside their own 20.  They will be physical tonight.  Now they are out to the 26 with a first down off that running attack.