Ore City vs Alto???

fiapoly

5 hours ago, fiapoly said:

So they just playing this game for fun or what?

Alto had a game cancelled by Winona in pre-district and as I understand it Ore City had to cancel a couple district games when their school was shut down for Covid. I know Alto is a young squad losing only 2 senior starters so if there is an opportunity for Coach Meeks to get them on the field of play, it will be beneficial. We wanted a full 10-game regular season so thankful Coach Burnham agreed to bring his squad to Alto to play. First time for the Jackets to miss the playoffs since 2003 so we will definitely take another game just for the experience. Our sophomore QB is making great strides every time he takes the field; this will be his 4th start. Also have some JV guys that have moved up and are contributing big time. Looking forward to tonight!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

Alto had a game cancelled by Winona in pre-district and as I understand it Ore City had to cancel a couple district games when their school was shut down for Covid. I know Alto is a young squad losing only 2 senior starters so if there is an opportunity for Coach Meeks to get them on the field of play, it will be beneficial. We wanted a full 10-game regular season so thankful Coach Burnham agreed to bring his squad to Alto to play. First time for the Jackets to miss the playoffs since 2003 so we will definitely take another game just for the experience. Our sophomore QB is making great strides every time he takes the field; this will be his 4th start. Also have some JV guys that have moved up and are contributing big time. Looking forward to tonight!

I think Ore City would have only got play 6 games if they did not schedule this game with Alto.

42 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

I think Ore City would have only got play 6 games if they did not schedule this game with Alto.

You are correct. Looks like they played 5 games and then had to forfeit games to Queen City, Harleton, and Elysian Fields before playing New Diana last week. 

Glad it worked out!