Playoff games being forfeited due to Covid-19.

BlahBlah

On 11/5/2020 at 4:47 PM, BlahBlah said:

Already had two teams, Coleman and Riviera Kaufer,  had to forfeit their playoff games due to Covid-19 outbreak at their school. 

Coleman forfeits Week 11 & Bi-District https://www.reporternews.com/story/sports/local/big-country/2020/11/04/covid-19-coronavirus-coleman-tx-high-school-bluecats-football-volleyball-cross-country/6162133002/

Riviera-Kaufer forfeits playoff game with Refugio:  Reported by Matt Stepp on Twitter.  

LOL, I bet they had some covid break out.

15 minutes ago, DeKlabBeers said:

I've never heard of games getting cancelled due to COVID before this year. What is going on?

Media created frenzy so mail in ballots can be used to steal an election.  Have to wonder if the seeds were reversed and Rusk was the 1 seed, then hmmm.   

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, EazyMoney said:

Media created frenzy so mail in ballots can be used to steal an election.  Have to wonder if the seeds were reversed and Rusk was the 1 seed, then hmmm.   

I’m positive the UIL didn’t include an exemption from COVID quarantine for teams seeded 1.

I can assure you regardless of how good Salado is they ain’t Carthage. If we were going to skip a game it would have been that one. 

Interesting that so many 4 seeds are forfeiting.  Those schools can now show their wokeness about doing the right thing. I’m sure UIL will send those administrators Gold Stars and Kool Kid buttons they can wear around campus.

Meanwhile, 1 seeds either do not have Covid, or don’t want to destroy the mental health of their student body by ending the dreams that those students have worked hard for. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EazyMoney said:

Interesting that so many 4 seeds are forfeiting.  Those schools can now show their wokeness about doing the right thing. I’m sure UIL will send those administrators Gold Stars and Kool Kid buttons they can wear around campus.

Meanwhile, 1 seeds either do not have Covid, or don’t want to destroy the mental health of their student body by ending the dreams that those students have worked hard for. 

They all bought their cool 2020 Football Playoff shirts with everybody's names on it and when you look back 10 years from now you'll have kids and parents saying "If it wasn't for that COVID, we would have beat that #1 seed - that was gonna be our year!!"  Plus in the records book, it'll only show a 2 to 0 loss instead of the 60 to 0 that was gonna happen, so why not forfeit!!

24 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

That was announced on Sun by the Mexia Supt.  Some parents took it to the School Board who had an emergency session Mon night and upheld the Supt’s decision.

My bad, I missed the sentence where it said “this timeline does not allow us to compete safely with our next opponent”. 

Almost like they were too embarrassed to say the word “forfeit”.