Tatum vs Winnsboro playoffs 2020

Eagle921

Bi-District Round  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/14/2020 at 01:30 AM

1 hour ago, Blazin97 said:

I feel like y’all’s D is comparable to white oak and offense is a lot better. 
Y’all can give Tatum problems. We know they can be ran on out of the slot t because New Boston put up about 300 yds rushing I believe. I know yalls offenses are a little different but basically same concept. Take care of the ball and it should be a good game 

I think thats fair. Turnovers obviously are always key but more so for us. We haven’t played a game yet without one and thats just a fact. If we play a clean game we are tough and thats just another fact. 

3 minutes ago, chevyman said:

I think thats fair. Turnovers obviously are always key but more so for us. We haven’t played a game yet without one and thats just a fact. If we play a clean game we are tough and thats just another fact. 

I think thats fair also.I'm a TATUM homer thru and thru carry the chains for Tatum and will be friday night

but I believe Tatum will win this one so until we get beat I'll continue to pull for them eagles 

(GO EAGLES)

I have made it through a big portion of several films. I think my first overall observation which wont come as a surprise is the team speed across the board on both sides of the ball. Offensively i am impressed with both 20, 21 in the backfield. 3 was a stud against Sabine. 2 is a matchup nightmare from that tight slot position. He is definitely what i would call a "favorite" target of 5. The o-line is big and moves very well. 5 is very capable of using his legs as well but most of the time looks like he wants to stay in the pocket. Defensively there is one glaring attribute and that is speed at every position. The d-line is big and moves well. I was most interested in watching the New Boston game since they have an offensive attack "similar" to ours. 55 and 58 abused their interior o-line. I also was very impressed with 14 from the end spot. His range and speed is fun to watch. To sum it up, i believe the Raiders will have to limit the big plays that create that momentum that snowballs into more success. We will need to take advantage of every opportunity given and put points up at the end of drives.

6 hours ago, chevyman said:

I have made it through a big portion of several films. I think my first overall observation which wont come as a surprise is the team speed across the board on both sides of the ball. Offensively i am impressed with both 20, 21 in the backfield. 3 was a stud against Sabine. 2 is a matchup nightmare from that tight slot position. He is definitely what i would call a "favorite" target of 5. The o-line is big and moves very well. 5 is very capable of using his legs as well but most of the time looks like he wants to stay in the pocket. Defensively there is one glaring attribute and that is speed at every position. The d-line is big and moves well. I was most interested in watching the New Boston game since they have an offensive attack "similar" to ours. 55 and 58 abused their interior o-line. I also was very impressed with 14 from the end spot. His range and speed is fun to watch. To sum it up, i believe the Raiders will have to limit the big plays that create that momentum that snowballs into more success. We will need to take advantage of every opportunity given and put points up at the end of drives.

Just to add a few things to your analysis, #21 our RB that ran for 1200 yards last year has missed the majority of games with an injury, went out against Atlanta early and Sabine was his first game back so you likely didn't see much of him in film. He averages 11.25 yard per touch. He's a bottle rocket like #2 that will play in the other slot and some at RB as well. He is without a doubt the hardest player to get a hand on within our offense. Also, our D1 receiver Boyd has been out basically since the 2nd series in the Gladewater game. When him and Sheffield are opposite of each other it creates issues. Sabine moved Fortson from safety to corner to cover Sheffield early after he ripped them a few times. Boyd is 100% and will be back this week as well. 

My thoughts on the matchup. Offensively- We will have to play well on offense meaning take care of the ball, no turnovers and limit the penalties. Yall are disciplined on defense, but don't match us in athleticism in 10 of the 11 positions(y'all got one cat that can scoot lol). If we limit mistakes, it will be hard for yall to match us across the board. We'll have plenty of advantages to use if we play well enough to use them. Discipline can Trump athleticism. 

Defensively - Y'all are gonna grind it out and snap the ball with one second left on the play clock nearly every down. Y'alls coach ain't stupid and knows we got more horses, keeping them off the field will be a priority. We must play disciplined defense. Keep to our assignments. If y'all break, we can go get you, but that won't bother y'all....hell, y'all just wanted 3.5 yards anyways. We must find a way to create some 3rd and longs. Yall's passing has been efficient but largely due to offenses not knowing it's coming. 3rd and 9, we can play a more normal defense against you and cover very effectively if we know it's coming. If we can not force some 3rd and longs, we're gonna be in a scrap that will leave y'all sitting pretty with 4 minutes left to go. 

7 hours ago, blesseddaily said:

Oh believe me I have seen worse...try sitting in Henderson's stands sometimes...worse that I have ever experienced.

I thought they had upgraded the stands. You are right they had the worst for their division on the visitor side.

When the last time you were there?

Still worst parking need to buy some bordering houses and expand,

2 minutes ago, sackem said:

I thought they had upgraded the stands. You are right they had the worst for their division on the visitor side.

When the last time you were there?

Still worst parking need to buy some bordering houses and expand,

Lol, he was talking about the fans in the stands telling the coaches what they should do. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eagle8 said:

Just to add a few things to your analysis, #21 our RB that ran for 1200 yards last year has missed the majority of games with an injury, went out against Atlanta early and Sabine was his first game back so you likely didn't see much of him in film. He averages 11.25 yard per touch. He's a bottle rocket like #2 that will play in the other slot and some at RB as well. He is without a doubt the hardest player to get a hand on within our offense. Also, our D1 receiver Boyd has been out basically since the 2nd series in the Gladewater game. When him and Sheffield are opposite of each other it creates issues. Sabine moved Fortson from safety to corner to cover Sheffield early after he ripped them a few times. Boyd is 100% and will be back this week as well. 

My thoughts on the matchup. Offensively- We will have to play well on offense meaning take care of the ball, no turnovers and limit the penalties. Yall are disciplined on defense, but don't match us in athleticism in 10 of the 11 positions(y'all got one cat that call scoot lol). If we limit mistakes, it will be hard for yall to match us across the board. We'll have plenty of advantages to use if we play well enough to use them. Discipline can Trump athleticism. 

Defensively - Y'all are gonna grind it out and snap the ball with one second left on the play clock nearly every down. Y'alls coach ain't stupid and knows we got more horses, keeping them off the field will be a priority. We must play disciplined defense. Keep to our assignments. If y'all break, we can go get you, but that won't bother y'all....hell, y'all just wanted 3.5 yards anyways. We must find a way to create some 3rd and longs. Yall's passing has been efficient but largely due to offenses not knowing it's coming. 3rd and 9, we can play a more normal defense against you and cover very effectively if we know it's coming. If we can not force some 3rd and longs, we're gonna be in a scrap that will leave y'all sitting pretty with 4 minutes left to go. 

I think thats pretty well described. Looking forward to seeing it play out.

I have taken a deeper dive into the WO film and was very intrigued and impressed by the necks defensive performance. I was most impressed by their aggression and scheme. They played with 4 down lineman and 1 high safety most of the night. Typically that would spell disaster against a team like Tatum but they really kept them off balanced for the majority of 2 + quarters. The defensive line did a good job neutralizing the big guys from the eagles and the backers played downhill very well. I look for a similar blueprint this week from the Raiders playing with that aggressive style. You might get beat over the top but against a high powered offense you have to be the aggressor and take the fight to them and not sit back and let it come to you. 

1 minute ago, chevyman said:

I have taken a deeper dive into the WO film and was very intrigued and impressed by the necks defensive performance. I was most impressed by their aggression and scheme. They played with 4 down lineman and 1 high safety most of the night. Typically that would spell disaster against a team like Tatum but they really kept them off balanced for the majority of 2 + quarters. The defensive line did a good job neutralizing the big guys from the eagles and the backers played downhill very well. I look for a similar blueprint this week from the Raiders playing with that aggressive style. You might get beat over the top but against a high powered offense you have to be the aggressor and take the fight to them and not sit back and let it come to you. 

Yea I just finished watching yalls game with Rains.....

32 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Yea I just finished watching yalls game with Rains.....

Dont watch that one lol. That was not a good night for our defense but adjustments were made after that game and the remaining games reflect that in our defensive output. 

16 minutes ago, chevyman said:

Dont watch that one lol. That was not a good night for our defense but adjustments were made after that game and the remaining games reflect that in our defensive output. 

LOL I was going to say that little back QB for Rains got the DC’s attention and setup the game plan for MV and Potts and any other team Winnsboro plays with a duel threat QB.  That poor kid was probably iced both legs after all the running he did in that game!

10 minutes ago, Zebrafan93 said:

Every drive?  Really?  Who has Tatum beaten this year that makes you think they are unstoppable?

Winny only intends on having 4 drives. That’s only 28 points minus 1 because he said if they don’t score every drive they’ll lose. So now Winny is down to 21. Now, is Tatum scoring more than 21 that far fetched?

1 minute ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Winny only intends on having 4 drives. That’s only 28 points minus 1 because he said if they don’t score every drive they’ll lose. So me Winny is down to 21. Now, is Tatum scoring more than 21 that far fetched?

I would like to think we will have more than 4 drives

1 minute ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Nah fam. Finney wants to limit our offense. If he can run out an entire quarter, he will. 

No i get that and can get on board but in reality it will be hard to hold the ball that long every single time. Plus its not too far fetched to say we might have at least 1-2 "chunk play" tds