Elysian Fields vs Hemphill

1jacket

Elysian Fields vs Hemphill   

38 members have voted

1. 1. Elysian Fields vs Hemphill

• Hornets
    • Jackets

26 minutes ago, WestRusk2009 said:

Gotta go with Elysian Fields, they should fair well against Hemphills run game. It won't be a shutout though. I fully expect them to break a few good runs. 

Yeah, we are familiar with Hemphill’s backs. We got an up close and personal look at them last year. They will definitely be tough to stop. 

7 hours ago, jacket52 said:

Waskom should cake walk to the 3rd round 

IF Waskom beats New Waverly, Daingerfield round 2. Without their starting qb Daingerfield will stack the line and it might get real ugly.  But that’s why they play the games. 

I watched the EF game last night at a friends house who is a EF guy.  He told me about how EF was sitting several starters for the game. They went into the game with a little different attitude. Just get the W. No style pts. He pointed out that number 65, 60,28, 12, 75 who all played a lot on defense the 1st 3 qts all played on the JV 90% of the year. 44 played the first 5 games of the year on the JV for the most part.  Few others in there also i cant remember.  Their goal was to just be basic and put 10 in the box. If HS beat them passing a few times, so be it.  They knew that HS could not stop them on offense. 

it basically played out that way.  EF scored their 49th pt with 5 min left in the 3rd qt. 

At that point they played with a running clock the rest of the way. EF could have scored 80 if they wanted to.   

Backup qb played the entire 4th qt.  Entire defense was basically JV kids in the 4th.  HS scored on them with :30 left.  

my biggest question to my buddy was, now we will see if EF can now turn the mojo back up for the playoffs?  Will they get their injured guys back?

I think they can, they are very talented.  But we will see next Friday 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Indaeast said:

Was at Timpson’s last week, it is very nice. Maybe the only turf field I’ve seen without a track around it. 

It is pretty sweet. Shelby County will have two football-only turf stadiums for 2021. Only other ones I know of are Bruce Field in Athens and the Jacksonville Tomato Bowl. 

12 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

It is pretty sweet. Shelby County will have two football-only turf stadiums for 2021. Only other ones I know of are Bruce Field in Athens and the Jacksonville Tomato Bowl. 

Joaquin getting turf? If so that’s awesome. Just need to do something with visitor stands.

1 hour ago, Eagle1986 said:

IF Waskom beats New Waverly, Daingerfield round 2. Without their starting qb Daingerfield will stack the line and it might get real ugly.  But that’s why they play the games. 

I thought they got PP in round 2 must of been mistaken. 

4 hours ago, Eagle1986 said:

This game won't get ugly, Waskom has a good defense 

• Like 2