Elysian Fields vs Hemphill

1jacket

Elysian Fields vs Hemphill   

38 members have voted

1. 1. Elysian Fields vs Hemphill

• Hornets
    • Jackets

1 hour ago, LSUTIGERS said:

We’ll play DF and y’all will play PP in the 2nd round if we all win. I was looking at Wild’s bracket before y’all beat us. Sorry for the confusion.

The one the UIL put out has us playing Hooks round 2 and Newton playing PP so still trying to figure it all out. 

1 hour ago, EastTxFinest said:

I seen a news report they shut down smaller schools in EF? They didn't go into detail. One of yall ef posters got the scoop?

Nothing for sure. What I THINK it is, some teachers and administrators are feeling sick so they decided to shut it down for 2 weeks. I have not heard of any positive tests. I have a kid in the elementary school and they are fine. And I have not heard of any positive test. So I think it had to do with not enough teachers available for in person learning, so they are going virtual for 2 weeks.

And if some are thinking well why is the high school getting to stay open or play. The elementary and the high school are about 2 miles or more apart. 

5 hours ago, EastTxFinest said:

I seen a news report they shut down smaller schools in EF? They didn't go into detail. One of yall ef posters got the scoop?

Shut down the elementary only.  Had 2 staff members only test positive.

saw this earlier  

Good morning Elysian Fields Elementary Parents & Guardians:

We know many of you have lots of questions, and we do understand. Currently, there are two confirmed positive staff cases of COVID-19 at the elementary school. Based upon contact tracing, we DO NOT have any reason to believe students were in close contact with either individual, but we do suspect multiple staff members were in close contact to both individuals.

Therefore, it was in the best interest of all faculty and students to close the elementary campus. 

Since the start of school on August 10, EFISD has only had 7 confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 and only one of those has been a student. We have 5 recoveries to report.  

During our suspension of operations, student learning continues to be a priority at EFISD.  While the health and safety of our students, staff, and community remain our top priority, we also want to help our students to extend their learning as much as they can until school can resume after Thanksgiving Break.

Teachers will be implementing the at-home learning plan beginning on Tuesday, November 10. For students with internet and a device, teachers will assign activities in their Google Classroom or SeeSaw. Teachers will have assignments loaded by 8:00 am daily beginning Tuesday, November 10. Students should be familiar with the virtual learning platforms. Teachers have been using them at school with the students.

If you do not have internet access or a device, paper packets will be available for pick up from the elementary campus for easy drive-thru pick up starting Monday at 4:00 pm. The paper packets will have to be turned in when school resumes, so please keep up with them. They will be graded. 

Teachers will be scheduling live lessons on Tuesdays and Thursdays at a scheduled time to cover concepts with students. There will be asynchronous activities provided daily. Also, they will provide their scheduled conference time so you may contact them with questions or if your child needs assistance. 

Teachers will record attendance daily. According to the TEA, students earn daily attendance through engagement measure(s) which include:

-- Students in remote learning are still required to meet the 90% attendance rule for all classes as detailed in board policy.
-- Attendance based upon turning in completed assignments,
-- Participation in asynchronous or synchronous learning activities
-- Conversations between the teacher and student focused on the discussion of the student’s academic work and progress through virtual meetings, phone calls, or email. 

Additionally, if your child has medicine that they will need you may pick it up from the elementary school on Tuesday, November 11 between 1:00pm - 3:00pm. 

We understand the timing was not ideal for us to be able to make this announcement, but we had to make this decision based on what we feel is most safe for the students and staff at Elysian Fields Elementary. 

Thank you for your continued prayers, support, and understanding during this time. Every decision made is based upon what is best for students. 

Sincerely, 
Maynard Chapman, Superintendent of Schools

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DeBerryJacket said:

Nothing for sure. What I THINK it is, some teachers and administrators are feeling sick so they decided to shut it down for 2 weeks. I have not heard of any positive tests. I have a kid in the elementary school and they are fine. And I have not heard of any positive test. So I think it had to do with not enough teachers available for in person learning, so they are going virtual for 2 weeks.

And if some are thinking well why is the high school getting to stay open or play. The elementary and the high school are about 2 miles or more apart. 

54 minutes ago, Eagle1986 said:

Shut down the elementary only.  Had 2 staff members only test positive.

saw this earlier  

Good morning Elysian Fields Elementary Parents & Guardians:

We know many of you have lots of questions, and we do understand. Currently, there are two confirmed positive staff cases of COVID-19 at the elementary school. Based upon contact tracing, we DO NOT have any reason to believe students were in close contact with either individual, but we do suspect multiple staff members were in close contact to both individuals.

Therefore, it was in the best interest of all faculty and students to close the elementary campus. 

Since the start of school on August 10, EFISD has only had 7 confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 and only one of those has been a student. We have 5 recoveries to report.  

During our suspension of operations, student learning continues to be a priority at EFISD.  While the health and safety of our students, staff, and community remain our top priority, we also want to help our students to extend their learning as much as they can until school can resume after Thanksgiving Break.

Teachers will be implementing the at-home learning plan beginning on Tuesday, November 10. For students with internet and a device, teachers will assign activities in their Google Classroom or SeeSaw. Teachers will have assignments loaded by 8:00 am daily beginning Tuesday, November 10. Students should be familiar with the virtual learning platforms. Teachers have been using them at school with the students.

If you do not have internet access or a device, paper packets will be available for pick up from the elementary campus for easy drive-thru pick up starting Monday at 4:00 pm. The paper packets will have to be turned in when school resumes, so please keep up with them. They will be graded. 

Teachers will be scheduling live lessons on Tuesdays and Thursdays at a scheduled time to cover concepts with students. There will be asynchronous activities provided daily. Also, they will provide their scheduled conference time so you may contact them with questions or if your child needs assistance. 

Teachers will record attendance daily. According to the TEA, students earn daily attendance through engagement measure(s) which include:

-- Students in remote learning are still required to meet the 90% attendance rule for all classes as detailed in board policy.
-- Attendance based upon turning in completed assignments,
-- Participation in asynchronous or synchronous learning activities
-- Conversations between the teacher and student focused on the discussion of the student’s academic work and progress through virtual meetings, phone calls, or email. 

Additionally, if your child has medicine that they will need you may pick it up from the elementary school on Tuesday, November 11 between 1:00pm - 3:00pm. 

We understand the timing was not ideal for us to be able to make this announcement, but we had to make this decision based on what we feel is most safe for the students and staff at Elysian Fields Elementary. 

Thank you for your continued prayers, support, and understanding during this time. Every decision made is based upon what is best for students. 

Sincerely, 
Maynard Chapman, Superintendent of Schools

I just seen that on fb. Thanks for the info

14 hours ago, TDJ89 said:

I didn't know EF was just a 9pt favorite against HS 

I didn’t either. I’m not positive of this but I would imagine those numbers are determined by an algorithm. If those 1-0 victories over ND & OC do get factored in then that could throw some numbers off. Having said that, looking at the prediction this week, I’ll take the points and the over!

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, BIGILL79 said:

I didn’t either. I’m not positive of this but I would imagine those numbers are determined by an algorithm. If those 1-0 victories over ND & OC do get factored in then that could throw some numbers off. Having said that, looking at the prediction this week, I’ll take the points and the over!

The over is Def the bet to take!! Easy money 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BIGILL79 said:

The two forfeits hurt EF on power rating assuming you would have beat them by a big margin. Waskom beat ND 54-0 but the power rating still dropped a little because we didn't beat them by the projected amount. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

The two forfeits hurt EF on power rating assuming you would have beat them by a big margin. Waskom beat ND 54-0 but the power rating still dropped a little because we didn't beat them by the projected amount. 

Them damn forfeits

1 hour ago, BIGILL79 said:

I forgot about the two forfeits is the difference