Marshall (3-3, 1-2) Vs. Whitehouse (6-0, 3-0)

Mavchamp

Marshall Vs. Whitehouse  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• Whitehouse by a little
    • Marshall by a little
    • Whitehouse in a Blowout
    • Marshall in a blowout

1 hour ago, Gramps said:

Well Nacdragon07 I hate to say it but our coaching staff for some reason insist on doing the same! Logic tells you when your up against a monster offensive line you go with 4 down linemen but It appears Marshall coaches always want to wait till half time to switch to four. This coaching staff this year is operating with a huge question mark over them! I know there’s talk about town on the quality of them and how the kids are buying into this program. It is a for certain the facility is improving but the team is steadily going south! This was a  predominately senior team this year and was predicted to be a force in district. Looks as though we have started a rebuilding year one year early. If we look like this now next year is gonna be very tuff.

last 2 games mavs played a 4 down defense.

In 2017 when this class was 9th grade they won 3 games.

In 2018 only very few where on the 10-3 team as back up roles.

this junior class didnt win a game as freshman.

i think these kids still learning how to win and be consistent at it. they never done it before on there own.

9th grade only won 1 game last year as 8th grade and is undefeated this year in district.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/8/2020 at 8:27 PM, mav01 said:

How is it Texas High, which is undefeated and doing well on offense, still manages to put their best defensive player on offense a few series? While Marshall, who has had arguably the worse offensive showing in district, still refuses to give Rawls a chance on offense? (wr or qb)

Marshall needs all the help they can get on offense. Scoring 0 points against a team that Hallsville scored 17 on the week before. Also, scoring 7 against a team that Jacksonville just put up 42 on doesn't bode well. Considering those 2 teams were supposed to be the bottom of the barrel in district this year.

Sometimes just one more dominant athlete is the spark an offense needs to open things up and gain some confidence. Maybe coming from Lake Travis, he is confident  trying to score points based on his system. You really need more years to implement something like that. Especially with a struggling Qb and oline. Until the line steps up, you almost have to put a blazer at qb to move around and get away. While you're waiting on the X's & O's to produce, turn them Joe's loose!

The Defense is at the top of the district with Texas High (especially in 2nd half this year). All we need is a few big scoring plays a game and avg offense to get over the hump. Maybe we need to play away games only the rest of year. All losses have been at Maverick. 

Hasn’t Griedll been running this same offense at Marshall for 4 years now? From everyone i talk to there, they ran basically the same stuff with him as the OC under Mathis. 

10 hours ago, rocketpop said:

last 2 games mavs played a 4 down defense.

In 2017 when this class was 9th grade they won 3 games.

In 2018 only very few where on the 10-3 team as back up roles.

this junior class didnt win a game as freshman.

i think these kids still learning how to win and be consistent at it. they never done it before on there own.

9th grade only won 1 game last year as 8th grade and is undefeated this year in district.

Do not out these facts out there.  It messes up a good narrative.  

The sub varsity games should be a great warm up to what is shaping up to be a great game tomorrow night!

The Marshall 9th grade is 4-1 on the season, 3-0 in District.   The Whitehouse 9th grade is 6-1 on the season, 4-0 in District.   Their game will be in Whitehouse at 5:30.

The Marshall JV is 2-3, 2-1 in District.  The Whitehouse JV is 6-1 on the season and 3-1 in District.  Their game is in Marshall at 5:30.

Good luck and safe travels to all involved!

On 11/11/2020 at 1:00 AM, Eagle1986 said:

Do not out these facts out there.  It messes up a good narrative.  

What narrative?

Every prediction about Marshall since June hinged on how quickly the offense came together.  

Everyone knew it was going to be our Achilles heel.  Replacing a QB and an O-line.

As many of us feared... it hasn’t gone smoothly.

When it works it works great (New Caney, McKinney North, Jax).  When it doesn’t... it’s hard to watch (Longview, PT, Tex High). 

We will just have to see which offense shows up.  If the good one..... I think we win comfortably.    If the bad one.... WH wins comfortably.

50 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

How did sub varsity games go??

Whitehouse Freshman (7-1)(5-0) beat Marshall 22-12

Whitehouse JV (7-1)(4-1) beat Marshall 41-12

Future looking good at WH with 5 starting Sophomores on Varsity.

If I'm reading this right, WH Varsity has won the last 6 out of 8 games vs the Great Marshall dynasty. Hope the Cats can make it 7 out of 9 tonight!!

13 minutes ago, JoeBurns23 said:

Whitehouse Freshman (7-1)(5-0) beat Marshall 22-12

Whitehouse JV (7-1)(4-1) beat Marshall 41-12

Future looking good at WH with 5 starting Sophomores on Varsity.

If I'm reading this right, WH Varsity has won the last 6 out of 8 games vs the Great Marshall dynasty. Hope the Cats can make it 7 out of 9 tonight!!

It looks like Whitehouse has a great future for football. 

2 hours ago, JoeBurns23 said:

2019 Marshall 35-8

2018 Marshall 37-13

14-17 DNP

13 WH 59-3

12 WH 60-14

11 WH 49-24

10 WH 43-21

08-09 DNP

07 WH 27-23

06 WH 35-34

05 Marshall 39-0

04 Marshall 42-7

10 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

2019 Marshall 35-8

2018 Marshall 37-13

14-17 DNP

13 WH 59-3

12 WH 60-14

11 WH 49-24

10 WH 43-21

08-09 DNP

07 WH 27-23

06 WH 35-34

05 Marshall 39-0

04 Marshall 42-7

Lots of lopsided victories by both teams. I think tonight will look like the '06, '07 version. 

QB isn’t our biggest problem. 

The O-line is terrible.  

Doesn’t matter who is taking the snaps when the line breaks down in 2-3 seconds every play. 

Lazy?  Lost?  I don’t know.  

Play selection is wildly predictable and unimaginative .... but again.. when the O line is bad.... you’re limited. 

Most disturbing to me?  The total lack of emotion. Flat. Boring. Deflated. 

The Disappointing. 

Last three weeks are going to be tough if this is how it’s gonna be. 

No gimmies when we’re playing this poorly offensively. 

And even IF we win them..... our prize is going to Huntsville or College Station to get drove by 60..... or more.