Marshall (3-3, 1-2) Vs. Whitehouse (6-0, 3-0)

Mavchamp

Marshall Vs. Whitehouse  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• Whitehouse by a little
    • Marshall by a little
    • Whitehouse in a Blowout
    • Marshall in a blowout

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, The Real Mavfan said:

I agree the o line has been terrible but its completely different blocking for a mobile qb and a pocket qb. Defenses wouldnt be able to key on the rb and rushing the passer. And Burris has missed so many passes tonight when the line did give him time.

I think the game plan of defenses since the PT game has been to play over the top of the speed wr(didn't play tonight so Rawls received the safety attention)and to pressure Burris with Lb or DB blitzes. When forced to hurry he tends to make mistakes. The multiple bad snaps just add to the problem. So instead of simply not scoring, we often spot the opposing team a couple scores off of turnovers each game. This puts the defense in a bind and digs us into an offensive hole. I think they did a great job in the 4th of just building off  the running game despite the score. Rbs ran much harder too. Was nice to see effort from the rbs. 

If Burris is going to stay at Qb(he's either terrible or awesome; no in between) he should have several hot routes and screens in place to force defenses out of being so aggressive. By hot route I don't mean deep pass into safety coverage. 

Going back to last spring we all knew the offense was a huge question mark. 

We knew an offensive line that struggled last season was returning a few players.... but that we were going to be very young on the O-line. 

We knew we had a hole at QB.... and filling those shoes was not going to be easy. 

We knew we needed a RB or two to tote the  rock.  We had an idea of who it might be... but not a known workhorse to hang your hat on.  

The success of this season would hang in the balance of how we addressed those three main issues. 

The result is 3-4 and an offense that is Jekyll and Hyde.  When they look good they look great.  When they look bad they are painful to watch. 

Just going to (hopefully) enjoy the ride the next 3 weeks.  Win out.  Finish the regular season (6-4) and head to the playoffs. Build towards next season. 

The season isn’t lost.  Yes......It’s disappointing. Especially from where we’ve fallen from.  But it’s not lost. 

We need to win Vs MP, Hallsville, and Nac. 

Whatever happens after that is a bonus. Good or bad.  Start working on 2021. 

It is what it is. 

Hopefully have lots to cheer for the next 3 weeks.  Enjoy it while we have it.