Week Eight: Longview at Sherman

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (5-2) at Sherman Bearcats (2-4)  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Sherman in a close one
    • Sherman in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/14/2020 at 01:30 AM

Will get full game thread up this afternoon. Been a bit behind this weekend.

5A Division I Region II Standings/Projections after Week 7 - https://www.6atexasfootball.com/forum/main-forum/team-threads/77-official-longview-lobo-thread-home-of-lobo-nation?p=561657#post561657

5A Division I Region II Overview after Week 7 - https://www.6atexasfootball.com/forum/main-forum/team-threads/77-official-longview-lobo-thread-home-of-lobo-nation?p=561658#post561658

District 7-5A, DI has a no contest policy, meaning that if a game has to be canceled, it reverts to a head-to-head factor against common opponents involving the two teams affected.

“Number one, play the game if you can with what players you have that aren’t affected,” King said in October. “If for some reason you can’t play the game, the rule is that there will be a letter from the superintendent saying that your football team is quarantined and won’t be able to play that week. If that’s the case and the game cannot be made up, the two teams involved will come down to head-to-head against common opponents and if you’re tied, it comes down to points.”

So we'll stay at 2-1 and they'll stay at 1-1.

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

Would this mean us as well?

This really is a screw up of the highest order if this game doesn't get played. If they were cleared as of Thursday night, why cancel Friday's game? Or at the very least, not move the game to Saturday?

Absolute dodging by Sherman.

• Angry 1

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

This really is a screw up of the highest order if this game doesn't get played. If they were cleared as of Thursday night, why cancel Friday's game? Or at the very least, not move the game to Saturday?

They scared to play LV!! They don’t wanna get embarrassed at home. Lol! 

2 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

There is bound to be some talk going on at the school. 07 you have sources that I dont. I'll check with mine and see if anyone knows anything.

9 minutes ago, Oldetexfan said:

There is bound to be some talk going on at the school. 07 you have sources that I dont. I'll check with mine and see if anyone knows anything.

Everyone I've talked to says nothing is happening.

My understanding of the situation is that tweet refers to them being allowed to compete/practice as normal starting next week instead of extending the hiatus.

They were not doing anything until Monday anyway, and then late Thursday night the superintendent said they were having four campuses going online-only through the end of November and that included the high school. Initially it was believed they were going to shut down all athletics until that point as well but they were working on it until late Thursday night. This is not just purely precaution because of positives in the school; there are positives and/or close contacts within the athletic department. The numbers have really exploded in Grayson County over the last week and as the biggest city, Sherman has been hit hardest.

Of course, that doesn't mean we don't get to Monday or Tuesday and there are a bunch more positives and they have to sit out. They will have to make a relatively quick decision since they play at North on Thursday I have a feeling it will be week-to-week decisions the rest of the season.

• Like 1