White Oak vs Pottsboro playoffs 2020

Racer55

White Oak vs Pottsboro   

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

24 minutes ago, Blazin97 said:

Congrats to White Oak on the turnaround season but it’s definitely ending here. Potts rolls. QB played the worst game I’ve seen from him last week (also Winns D very good) and I don’t think it happens again, he’s a gamer. 

Ehhh...

1 hour ago, Blazin97 said:

Congrats to White Oak on the turnaround season but it’s definitely ending here. Potts rolls. QB played the worst game I’ve seen from him last week (also Winns D very good) and I don’t think it happens again, he’s a gamer. 

White Oak's defense ain't bad, bud. They get after it up front. Main thing on them is they have been burnt by speed in the secondary. I don't exactly see a speed disadvantage in this one. Their defense is solid, their offense is the area that I would be concerned about If I wore maroon. However, If QB1 is 100% healthy and they utilize their time routes, they could make this a game. 

1 minute ago, Blazin97 said:

Held very good offenses Mineola to 20. MV to 28. Potts to 22 

They play hard and don’t have a weak spot, all around good D. 

When you use 9 minutes of the clock on one drive, scores stay low lol. 

1 minute ago, Eagle8 said:

When you use 9 minutes of the clock on one drive, scores stay low lol. 

Against Mineola they were not driving the ball much. Only put up 6 points, defense played well. Also got big stops agains Potts which defenses haven’t been able to do this year outside of 4A ranked Melissa. 

12 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

White Oak's defense ain't bad, bud. They get after it up front. Main thing on them is they have been burnt by speed in the secondary. I don't exactly see a speed disadvantage in this one. Their defense is solid, their offense is the area that I would be concerned about If I wore maroon. However, If QB1 is 100% healthy and they utilize their time routes, they could make this a game. 

Not saying white oak defense is bad but we all know Potts offense is very good. I believe they will be able to get stops but not near enough. I think it’ll be like 38-21 Potts. 
Maybe worse but I’ll be generous 

Just now, Blazin97 said:

Against Mineola they were not driving the ball much. Only put up 6 points, defense played well. Also got big stops agains Potts which defenses haven’t been able to do this year outside of 4A ranked Melissa. 

Just curious to see how they'll handle our wealth of team speed. Not sure any of the teams in D5 possess the same type of speed across the board. 

1 minute ago, Eagle8 said:

Just curious to see how they'll handle our wealth of team speed. Not sure any of the teams in D5 possess the same type of speed across the board. 

You’re right, none of us have speed like Tatum. I honestly think Winnsboro Tatum is a toss up. 
I was just referring to Winnsboro D as it pertains to Potts vs White Oak game. Maybe White Oaks D is comparable to Winns and can get stops but idk. 

3 minutes ago, Racer55 said:

If we can sustain drives I like our chances of keeping this a low scoring game and controlling the clock. 

Potts D can be ran on fairly easily if you can keep them honest. MV run game is average and we ran on them all night because they were worried about the pass. If they can just load up and stop the run they can get stops

1 minute ago, Eagleborn said:

Don’t believe that was defense. Winny a best defense is their offense. 

Yes, they keep potent offenses on the field but their defense can get stops. Like the Mineola game when they weren’t able to churn out long drives. Their defense kept them in the game 

11 minutes ago, Blazin97 said:

Potts D can be ran on fairly easily if you can keep them honest. MV run game is average and we ran on them all night because they were worried about the pass. If they can just load up and stop the run they can get stops

WO has some speed at WR, #1 can run, 5 is fast as well

• LOL! 2