BI-District Lindale Eagles(8-2) vs Vidor Pirates(4-4) @ Carthage Stadium Thursday 11/12/20

LindalePride2002

You say easily and hoping you are right.  Looking over Vidor's schedule, the most they lost by was 14.  What stands out tho, and certainly there could be a lot reasons for what happened, but Jasper had to come from behind in the 4th quarter vs Vidor.  Jasper's only loss is to Carthage and Vidor was their closest win.  Certainly Vidor is inconsistent at 4-4 but there is still a dangerous element to them, from what I can tell.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Polar_Bear said:

You say easily and hoping you are right.  Looking over Vidor's schedule, the most they lost by was 14.  What stands out tho, and certainly there could be a lot reasons for what happened, but Jasper had to come from behind in the 4th quarter vs Vidor.  Jasper's only loss is to Carthage and Vidor was their closest win.  Certainly Vidor is inconsistent at 4-4 but there is still a dangerous element to them, from what I can tell.

I agree!

20 hours ago, Polar_Bear said:

For years, Vidor has been a straight Slot T.   This year they tried the “Pistol” (semi-shotgun snap to QB) for first 6 games.  Never worked as well.   Last two games put QB back under center.   Almost beat Huffman-Hargrave (lost 15-13) then beat Lumberton 42-14.   Pirates have a respectable defense.   Nose guard is a beast, but if the Lindale RB gets past the LB’s, he’ll wreck havoc (he’s another beast, lol).

It boils down to, can Lindale stop the run.  If they can, it’ll be a long night for Vidor.  Pirates only pass about 3 times a game, but if Lindale stacks the block, Vidor might get some big yardage in the air.  Vidor can eat up the clock with their offense.   That’ll keep Jenkins off the field, and that’s the best defense.

On a side note, in the Jasper game, Vidor had about 5 starters come out with injuries, including the nose guard, who missed another game.   Jasper was able to take over then.   Heard all those guys are back, so maybe the Pirates will make it respectable, but Lindale has a lot of weapons.

Lindale is really good at stopping the run. Especially if they don’t have much of a passing game. Our offense is for sure our best side of the ball but our defense is stacked too. Jenkins is our D1 player that is known but we also have a D1 player on defense too Jaymond Jackson. He’s a beast too

14 minutes ago, Jakeelee05 said:

Lindale is really good at stopping the run. Especially if they don’t have much of a passing game. Our offense is for sure our best side of the ball but our defense is stacked too. Jenkins is our D1 player that is known but we also have a D1 player on defense too Jaymond Jackson. He’s a beast too

No fair having two beast.   😂🤣😂

Look at Carthage, they have a bunch of beast.   Takes the fun out.  😄

1 hour ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Not if you are a Carthage fan....😜

Thursday, huh? I might just have to attend this game!😋

Wear black & gold & sit on the visitors side.   See what HS Football is like for the other folks.   😂😂🤣😂😂

You’ll be pulling for the Dawgs.   The UnderDawgs.   🤣

• LOL! 1

2 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

If I was a coach I would always schedule Carthage stadium. Make you feel good getting a victory over there. You can pretend it a red team if need be. You know the little things .

Wish Lindale was Red.   Vidor had some of their best games in 5a against Crosby in Red.  But yep, then there’s Carthage.  Little to much Red 🤣

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

4 minutes ago, VonG said:

Let's go Lindale. One game at a time to reach your ultimate goal. 

Lindale has the team to go far. I’m sure their Coaches will be ready for this game.  Vidor was 4th in arguably one of the easiest 4AD1 Dictricts in the State.   They’ll play hard but honestly don’t have the hosses Lindale does.  No D1 players.  No blazing speed.   Four yards & a cloud of dust.  

On 11/8/2020 at 11:21 AM, Jakeelee05 said:

Has Lindale faced the Slot T this year?    

On 11/8/2020 at 8:03 AM, PantherNation2015 said:

All you need to know is 250 yards rushing and 4 TD’s for Jenkins.  Lindale big!

I think that yardage is just about what Carl Limbrick from Jasper had against Vidor.   He was a handful.   Wonder how many yards he had against Carthage?   Of course Carthage’s line would make some colleges green with envy.   

16 hours ago, Hagar said:

Has Lindale faced the Slot T this year?    

Is there anyone from Lindale who can answer?   Have y’all played a Slot T team this year?   Don’t be scared, I promise I won’t tell the Vidor Coaches.   😂😂🤣🤣😂😂

• Crawford changed the title to BI-District Lindale Eagles(8-2) vs Vidor Pirates(4-4) @ Carthage Stadium Thursday 11/12/20