BI-District Lindale Eagles(8-2) vs Vidor Pirates(4-4) @ Carthage Stadium Thursday 11/12/20

LindalePride2002

30 minutes ago, longhorncrazy said:

Lindale will destroy weak Vidor.

There is a reason why Vidor finished 4th in that weak district.

Destroy?   Wow, strong word.   Tell me oh ye of the second sight, what do you think the score will be?

Just now, Jakeelee05 said:

To be honest I’m not sure. I haven’t got to see every game this year. I think Mabank May have ran it but I’m not 100% sure

Thanks.  Btw, do you know if any radio stations will carry the game?   I was told that live-streaming of playoff games is limited to texanlive.   I’d at least like to listen to it.

2 minutes ago, VonG said:

Let's go Lindale. 

Convinced you can’t stop Jenkins.   Hopefully slow him down some, but he’s going to get his big runs.   The little film I seen, he looks like he has a bright future, well past HS.  No hesitation.  Hits the hole like a bullet.

8 minutes ago, Jakeelee05 said:

Go to onthecall.net and you can listen to it.

Thanks again.   Watch film of Mabank, and they run it similarly, but not as confusing as Vidor.   About 30% of the time, when watching a Vidor game on streaming, I find myself looking at the wrong RB - course I’m old and blind, lol.

12 minutes ago, longhorncrazy said:

45-10

That may be close, but I hope it’s closer than that.   Sometimes Vidor gets fumblitis.   For it to be close, Vidor will have to play mistake free ball.   Repeatedly make first downs, and eat up the clock.

17 hours ago, Hagar said:

I think that yardage is just about what Carl Limbrick from Jasper had against Vidor.   He was a handful.   Wonder how many yards he had against Carthage?   Of course Carthage’s line would make some colleges green with envy.   

Not sure on Limbrick total but as a team Jasper only had around 140 yards rushing in the game.

• Like 1

• Crawford changed the title to BI-District Lindale Eagles(8-2) vs Vidor Pirates(4-4) @ Carthage Stadium Thursday 11/12/20

Saw a post that Vidor was allowed 900 tickets to be sold at school.   Any left will be sold at gate.   Wouldn’t think any would be left, but with the dad gum Covid, all bets are off.

I just hope I can remember the game’s tomorrow.   Being old, senile and retired, keeping up with what day is what is tough.  😂

25 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Saw a post that Vidor was allowed 900 tickets to be sold at school.   Any left will be sold at gate.   Wouldn’t think any would be left, but with the dad gum Covid, all bets are off.

I just hope I can remember the game’s tomorrow.   Being old, senile and retired, keeping up with what day is what is tough.  😂

I’ll be there, Good Lord willing! I’ll keep you updated!😜

• Like 1

On 11/7/2020 at 2:29 PM, Polar_Bear said:

You say easily and hoping you are right.  Looking over Vidor's schedule, the most they lost by was 14.  What stands out tho, and certainly there could be a lot reasons for what happened, but Jasper had to come from behind in the 4th quarter vs Vidor.  Jasper's only loss is to Carthage and Vidor was their closest win.  Certainly Vidor is inconsistent at 4-4 but there is still a dangerous element to them, from what I can tell.

Almost game day.   Been meaning to give you kudos on your post.   Without knowing much about the Pirates, you nailed it when you said “inconsistent”.    Coming down from 5A, it was thought Vidor would sweep the District.  They play a crummy team, they play even crummier.  They play a good team, there’s usually a good Vidor team shows up.   It’s had Vidor fans pulling their hair out.  Moving the QB back under the center has helped.

Evidently no one sells super glue in Vidor.   Fumbles have killed them, & I’m not talking about good hit fumbles, mostly Center/QB, which you’d think they’d have down pat by now.

Hope the good Vidor team shows up.   Not that they’ll probably win, just make it respectable, and keep Lindale on their toes for their next game.  Hoping for a good game & no injuries.

11 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Almost game day.   Been meaning to give you kudos on your post.   Without knowing much about the Pirates, you nailed it when you said “inconsistent”.    Coming down from 5A, it was thought Vidor would sweep the District.  They play a crummy team, they play even crummier.  They play a good team, there’s usually a good Vidor team shows up.   It’s had Vidor fans pulling their hair out.  Moving the QB back under the center has helped.

Evidently no one sells super glue in Vidor.   Fumbles have killed them, & I’m not talking about good hit fumbles, mostly Center/QB, which you’d think they’d have down pat by now.

Hope the good Vidor team shows up.   Not that they’ll probably win, just make it respectable, and keep Lindale on their toes for their next game.  Hoping for a good game & no injuries.

I think it will be a good game. Probably one of the better defenses lindale has played this year. My prediction is a very close first half and lindale walking away with it in the second.  Lindale is well coached and will make the adjustments needed.  I hope lindale and vidor play to the best of their ability...injury free...cant wait to watch this one. LETS GO EAGLES!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

I drove through Evadale yesterday on my way to Lumberton, Tried to call you, but got no answer....😃

Get out of Dodge.   Did you use your phone?   I’ve got my phone set to not ring if it’s no one I know.  I didn’t hear a ring, but sometimes I forget to turn the ringer on.  Durn, I sure wish we could have got together.

• Like 1