BI-District Lindale Eagles(8-2) vs Vidor Pirates(4-4) @ Carthage Stadium Thursday 11/12/20

LindalePride2002

2 minutes ago, Hagar said:

I suspect Vidor is one of the better defenses Lindale has faced, and they are having trouble.   You surprised at Vidor’s performance?   They small but scrappy.

They are indeed...They have Some bigger kids on the sidelines... Reinforcements? Time to get them into the game!😱

Final Lindale wins 29-13.

I’m not surprised at the score.   Vidor played their tails off.

I wish nothing but the best for the Lindale Eagles going forward.   You have a great team and I hope y’all take it all the way.

5 minutes ago, Polar_Bear said:

That 3 and out to start the 3rd for Vidor followed by the Eagle TD drive to put them up 2 scores was key in 2nd half.

You were the first to realize that Vidor may make a game of it.   They give it 110% but just to much Eagles.   I think Lindale has quite a few more games ahead of them.   I’m now a fan!

1 minute ago, Jakeelee05 said:

Man I will say Vidor is scrappy. They have some little running backs and receivers but they fight like crazy. Good game

After that emotional game with Kilgore, this was just the type game the Eagles needed, imo.

3 minutes ago, Hagar said:

You were the first to realize that Vidor may make a game of it.   They give it 110% but just to much Eagles.   I think Lindale has quite a few more games ahead of them.   I’m now a fan!

You can't do nothing but tip your hat at Vidors effort and game plan tonight those young men played their tails off. And some Vidor fans will disagree but the coaches had a good game plan and stuck to it with shortening the game and keep Jenkins on the sideline. And it almost worked for most parts but I think everyone will agree to say the better team won the game. 

Vidor definitely proved me wrong on my score prediction can't do nothing but respect it

• Like 1

Great game Lindale! Y'all have a solid team. I thought from the first drive with the no huddle and a heavy dose of #22 it was gonna be a long night for the Pirates. But Vidor played their game they way they liked to, especially against a quick scoring team like the Eagles. Pirates milked the clock and ran the ball to keep that potent offense on the sidelines. Our Vidor defense has been our back bone all season and kept us in every game and tonight was no different. They surprisingly kept #22 in check for the most part of the game. But #3 and #4 killed us in the passing game. My nephew #55 for Vidor told me after the game, Lindale was the quickest tempo offense he's faced and also said that #22 Jenkins only had 50 yards only in the first half. But he's two year starter on varsity this year. (he's only a junior.) But Lindale had that ball out of his hands within 2-3 seconds of having it snapped before he had could get any type of pressure on him in the first half and #55 Jordan Smith couldn't get thru the line for any pressure or hit on the QB, they were constantly double/triple teaming him most of the time like most games this year. The second half, Lindale slowed their tempo down and then the Vidor d-line was able to get through the line and made the QB scramble a bit before making him throw on the run and that dude is pretty accurate in the run with great field vision. I was happy how our Vidor boys played, they didn't give up and aged physical til the final whistle. But good luck to Lindale y'all have a great team and wish nothing but good luck the rest of the way. This Pirate fan wll be rooting for y'all! Go Pirates, see y'all next season.🏴‍☠️

• Like 3

5 hours ago, piratevillain55 said:

Great game Lindale! Y'all have a solid team. I thought from the first drive with the no huddle and a heavy dose of #22 it was gonna be a long night for the Pirates. But Vidor played their game they way they liked to, especially against a quick scoring team like the Eagles. Pirates milked the clock and ran the ball to keep that potent offense on the sidelines. Our Vidor defense has been our back bone all season and kept us in every game and tonight was no different. They surprisingly kept #22 in check for the most part of the game. But #3 and #4 killed us in the passing game. My nephew #55 for Vidor told me after the game, Lindale was the quickest tempo offense he's faced and also said that #22 Jenkins only had 50 yards only in the first half. But he's two year starter on varsity this year. (he's only a junior.) But Lindale had that ball out of his hands within 2-3 seconds of having it snapped before he had could get any type of pressure on him in the first half and #55 Jordan Smith couldn't get thru the line for any pressure or hit on the QB, they were constantly double/triple teaming him most of the time like most games this year. The second half, Lindale slowed their tempo down and then the Vidor d-line was able to get through the line and made the QB scramble a bit before making him throw on the run and that dude is pretty accurate in the run with great field vision. I was happy how our Vidor boys played, they didn't give up and aged physical til the final whistle. But good luck to Lindale y'all have a great team and wish nothing but good luck the rest of the way. This Pirate fan wll be rooting for y'all! Go Pirates, see y'all next season.🏴‍☠️

Great Post! Vidor played a great game & fooled everyone by keeping it closer than everyone thought they would. What Vidor lacks in size, they certainly made up for with heart!👌😋

• Like 2

5 hours ago, piratevillain55 said:

I would say vidor  is unlike any team we have played all year. Vidor has a solid defense and tackled low. Their offense was tricky.  Lindale keyed in on it a little better in the 2nd half but overall  they kept our time of possession way down. It was good to see some good sportsmanship on tbe field too! Im sure we'll see yall next year :)

• Like 3

Here’s the complete article on the game.   Jenkins only got 126 yards on 27 carries (4.67 ypc) rushing, which may be his lowest total of the year.  But keying on Jenkins left Peterson open for some great passing & running.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/tylerpaper.com/sports/class-4a-division-i-football-bi-district-lindale-grinds-out-29-13-win-over-vidor/article_3b0b6b14-255f-11eb-abf5-9336c88a8597.amp.html

• Like 1

Defensively, Vidor's DT #99 was really hurting the Lindale OL at times. It was tough sledding for Jenkins, but he runs hard and punishs people that tackle him. I would guess that he is not fun to tackle for 4 quarters.

I think the better team got the win, but Vidor is one of the scrappiest teams I have seen in awhile. Those young men played their butts off last night. The Vidor coaching staff had an awesome plan and they did a great job of keeping it away from Lindale.

I have to guess that if Vidor had been healthy all year, they would not have been the #4 seed in that district.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, piratevillain55 said:

I posted earlier your nephew was a beast.   Lindale was double or triple teaming him, like all the teams Vidor’s played this year..   Looking forward to seeing him again next year.   And I hope they take those visiting jerseys out & burn them.   The announcers couldn’t tell who was who since you can’t see the numbers.

• Thanks 1