BI-District Lindale Eagles(8-2) vs Vidor Pirates(4-4) @ Carthage Stadium Thursday 11/12/20

LindalePride2002

23 minutes ago, Hagar said:

I posted earlier your nephew was a beast.   Lindale was double or triple teaming him, like all the teams Vidor’s played this year..   Looking forward to seeing him again next year.   And I hope they take those visiting jerseys out & burn them.   The announcers couldn’t tell who was who since you can’t see the numbers.

Camo for announcers?😜

• LOL! 2

2 hours ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

Defensively, Vidor's DT #99 was really hurting the Lindale OL at times. It was tough sledding for Jenkins, but he runs hard and punishs people that tackle him. I would guess that he is not fun to tackle for 4 quarters.

I think the better team got the win, but Vidor is one of the scrappiest teams I have seen in awhile. Those young men played their butts off last night. The Vidor coaching staff had an awesome plan and they did a great job of keeping it away from Lindale.

I have to guess that if Vidor had been healthy all year, they would not have been the #4 seed in that district.

Jenkins is a definitely a down hill runner and boy does he run the rock hard every single play. I gotta admit, y'all held #99 pretty much in check also, this was one of the few games he didn't get in the backfield too many times and I think he only had 1 QB pressures on #17. He told me after the game this was the quickest offenses he's faced being on varsity since last year. Btw, I hope #3 for Lindale is doing okay after that injury late in the game, that kid is a dang good receiver as well!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, piratevillain55 said:

Jenkins is a definitely a down hill runner and boy does he run the rock hard every single play. I gotta admit, y'all held #99 pretty much in check also, this was one of the few games he didn't get in the backfield too many times and I think he only had 1 QB pressures on #17. He told me after the game this was the quickest offenses he's faced being on varsity since last year. Btw, I hope #3 for Lindale is doing okay after that injury late in the game, that kid is a dang good receiver as well!

Audio for the game from Lindale, “onthecall.net”, the announcers mentioned that “Lindale was having to double & triple team #99, leaving the LB’s to stop Jenkins most of the time”.   So even though he personally wasn’t involved a lot, his presence was a big part of the Vidor Defense. 

• Like 2