Bi-Dist. Mineola vs Atlanta Thursday Nov 12 7:30 @ Spring Hill

gamewatcher63

Going to be a good game. Let's go Mineola! Just glad we are playing playoff football. I just think Mineola run game is too much for Atlanta. Atlanta will play extremely hard and we will lean on them into the second half to take control of the game. Defensively the Jackets cannot give up a big play to Atlanta and let them stay close into the 4th quarter. They have some threats on offense. I think our coaching staff is incredible and will put our playmakers in position to win the game. But, I am a homer so does it really matter what I think?? Probably not. Excited to see the Jackets play tomorrow. Texas high school playoffs are almost here. 

2 minutes ago, JPTXHSFB said:

Going to be a good game. Let's go Mineola! Just glad we are playing playoff football. I just think Mineola run game is too much for Atlanta. Atlanta will play extremely hard and we will lean on them into the second half to take control of the game. Defensively the Jackets cannot give up a big play to Atlanta and let them stay close into the 4th quarter. They have some threats on offense. I think our coaching staff is incredible and will put our playmakers in position to win the game. But, I am a homer so does it really matter what I think?? Probably not. Excited to see the Jackets play tomorrow. Texas high school playoffs are almost here. 

As is stated above, I purchased tickets from Mineola but I've yet to see who is the "home team" for this game, is it Mineola or Atl?

3 hours ago, Racer55 said:

What do you think of this game? Has Atlanta turned it around? 

Turned it around? Ehhh, Jeffy was weak and NB not exactly a powehouse. It's looks good on paper though. And D5 looks good on paper.....was it a district of hosses battling it out? Or just a district of decent teams trading punches? That question will be answered soon enough. Atlanta needs to load the box and sell out on Sneed and Pendergrass and try to make their offense, that averages roughly 50 passing yard per game, throw the ball. That will be the only recipe for possible success in my opinion. 

21 hours ago, JPTXHSFB said:

Last Friday at Commerce the Tigers were playing loose and didn't have anything to lose. They got off a couple of long TD runs and a couple of passing TD's and were living it up....but then...The Jackets started pounding the ball with the full backfield and triple wildcat formations and plowed over the Tigers. By the 4th quarter the Tigers were wiped out and were sucking wind and Dawson picked off a pass at about the 10 yard line and deflated any chance of a comeback. Then Trevion "Freight Trevioned" right up the middle and scored the last TD.

The Jackets should be ready for the Rabbs to be in the same mindset, nothing to lose so they throw everything and the kitchen sink at you(All out run blitz, onside kicks, reverse pass plays)  The only concern I have is with the KO coverage, it has to be fixed. To many guys are trying for the highlight reel hit and not breaking down and forcing the runner to the sideline and gang tackling.

I'm also a homer and I think the Jackets will win, and I believe the coaches will have them ready. Should be a great night for play-off football and I can't wait. GO JACKETS!!! 

12 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

The main glaring thing that sticks out about D5 is there isn't much speed in the district. Atlanta will have some burners. Should be interesting to see how Mineola contains that speed as opposed to the D5 speed. 

Man you need to get out more often....if you don't think Commerce had speed last Friday I don't know what to tell you.

1 hour ago, gamewatcher63 said:

Man you need to get out more often....if you don't think Commerce had speed last Friday I don't know what to tell you.

Commerce has some speed.....and gave y'all a game. As a whole, D5 ain't got much speed, especially in the top 4 seeds. 

We just glad to be here after the way we started. I believe our district will make some noise this week. If we contain their backs, I like our chances but they have to do the same with us. Sneed is a big boy and will get his! We keep it close we got a shot to knock of the jackets.

11 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

Turned it around? Ehhh, Jeffy was weak and NB not exactly a powehouse. It's looks good on paper though. And D5 looks good on paper.....was it a district of hosses battling it out? Or just a district of decent teams trading punches? That question will be answered soon enough. Atlanta needs to load the box and sell out on Sneed and Pendergrass and try to make their offense, that averages roughly 50 passing yard per game, throw the ball. That will be the only recipe for possible success in my opinion. 

Atlanta has two pretty good backs of its own. Nothing like Sneed, but they're very fast and elusive.

16 minutes ago, AtlantaFan04 said:

Mineola fans y'all just remember that it's Tatum people saying D5 "doesn't have any speed" not us Rabbits lol so don't come back on friday expecting us to eat crow...that belongs to the Eagles

I see what he sees on film. I don’t see any team that has the same speed as GW, Tatum or ATL. But this isn’t track so it will come down to who can win the trenches. ATL will have a tough time slowing down Sneed because basically he is a man among boys. If the Rabbits can manage to slow their running attack it will be a game. Good luck Atlanta. 

17 minutes ago, AtlantaFan04 said:

Mineola fans y'all just remember that it's Tatum people saying D5 "doesn't have any speed" not us Rabbits lol so don't come back on friday expecting us to eat crow...that belongs to the Eagles

We had the pleasure of being in the same district with the Tatum trash talkers for a couple of years, were use to it.