Bi-Dist. Mineola vs Atlanta Thursday Nov 12 7:30 @ Spring Hill

gamewatcher63

Rabbs came to play on D, that's the most penetrations and negative plays the Jacket O has had in a while. The coaches did a great job with the halftime adjustments and got it going on the first drive onward in the second half. 

I just want to say that it was refreshing to play a team with class and discipline after the last 2 games the Jackets had in district. Saw alot of potential on the Atlanta side, if they have a big returning group they can make some noise next season. On to next week Jackets...      

1 hour ago, gamewatcher63 said:

Rabbs came to play on D, that's the most penetrations and negative plays the Jacket O has had in a while. The coaches did a great job with the halftime adjustments and got it going on the first drive onward in the second half. 

I just want to say that it was refreshing to play a team with class and discipline after the last 2 games the Jackets had in district. Saw alot of potential on the Atlanta side, if they have a big returning group they can make some noise next season. On to next week Jackets...      

I hope they have a terrible season next year. 🤣

Atlanta just turrrible. Not terrible - turrrrible. That defense helped them stay in the game again but that offense was turrrrible. Playcalling at times jus made me put my hands over my eyes. The flip flopping quarterbacks all season did none of em any good. They never did have a QB. They threw more picks this year than I ever seen them throw in a season. Just over and over and over. If they played 11 games I bet they threw 25 interceptions. Offense left the defense on the field time and time again. It never got any better. They had lots of issues throughout the season. RB was a stud but he didn't want to play. Really this season couldn't end soon enough - it was bad from the get go. Coach got at least 1 more year. They not gonna do anything to him with his son being a sr. I really don't think hes a bad coach but maybe its time for change. Atlanta been known for some pretty tough offenses since McClure been there but it's fallen off the past few years. Maybe it's been figured out, idk. 

What I do know is this was the worst offense I've seen Atlanta have maybe ever. I been watching rabbit football through almost 3 generations of my family, and idk if I've ever seen it look so bad. I give coaches credit for trying , they changed a lot of personal to try and make it work but it just didn't. 

Dickerson woulda been the better option at QB this season. Would have at least given some scramble opportunities. McClure looked like a deer in the head lights 90% of the snaps. Atlanta defense had them in position to make it a game....offense kept faltering, they held Sneed and Pendergrass in check for as long as they could but the offense gave them no help. I woulda ran Hamilton 40 times lol. 

I was not impressed by Mineola. They have a good running game and the rest of the team is just meh... they looked slow to me. Their defense plays hard but Atl shot themselves in the foot time and time again. Congrats on the win Minny, good luck moving forward (I'm afraid you may need it). 

3 minutes ago, bearnation said:

I was not impressed by Mineola. They have a good running game and the rest of the team is just meh... they looked slow to me. Their defense plays hard but Atl shot themselves in the foot time and time again. Congrats on the win Minny, good luck moving forward (I'm afraid you may need it). 

Just accept it, the sweep has begun. 👀

9 minutes ago, bearnation said:

Yeah we heard the same things back in 16...Yeah but Mineola just runs the ball....Yeah but they lost their first 2 games....Yeah but all you have to do is run blitz all the time......Yeah but.................

3 hours ago, gamewatcher63 said:

Yeah we heard the same things back in 16...Yeah but Mineola just runs the ball....Yeah but they lost their first 2 games....Yeah but all you have to do is run blitz all the time......Yeah but.................

Good win but y’all ain’t beating Grandview, malakoff, or Gladewater 

On 11/11/2020 at 1:39 PM, gamewatcher63 said:

Last Friday at Commerce the Tigers were playing loose and didn't have anything to lose. They got off a couple of long TD runs and a couple of passing TD's and were living it up....but then...The Jackets started pounding the ball with the full backfield and triple wildcat formations and plowed over the Tigers. By the 4th quarter the Tigers were wiped out and were sucking wind and Dawson picked off a pass at about the 10 yard line and deflated any chance of a comeback. Then Trevion "Freight Trevioned" right up the middle and scored the last TD.

The Jackets should be ready for the Rabbs to be in the same mindset, nothing to lose so they throw everything and the kitchen sink at you(All out run blitz, onside kicks, reverse pass plays)  The only concern I have is with the KO coverage, it has to be fixed. To many guys are trying for the highlight reel hit and not breaking down and forcing the runner to the sideline and gang tackling.

I'm also a homer and I think the Jackets will win, and I believe the coaches will have them ready. Should be a great night for play-off football and I can't wait. GO JACKETS!!! 

PappyO is correct in saying the Atlanta coach will be around another year, sad to say.  His son will be a senior next year and I just don’t think Atlanta will make a change.  Atlanta has been down a few years now and several thought moving to 3A would help, but it didn’t.  Probably going to be a same ole, same ole season next year!