Hawkins vs Garrison (1st round playoffs)

wildwestoutlaw

I was at this game. I think when Upchurch got hurt early in the 3rd, it really changed the offense. Not so much what they did. But he had a great first half and took some of the defense off Adams. 

Defensivlely, there were 2 plays that made the difference.

The first was that fourth down conversion when they lined up to punt then hurried to the line and threw a pass for a first down really hurt. Then the 13-yard run on the draw play on 4th and 12 about midway through the fourth. That play was all Bland because he should've been stopped for a short gain. Each time, those plays got Hawkins on their heels, and Garrison was able to take advantage with scores. 

Overall, I thought it was a pretty good game. Garrison played about as perfectly as they could (no turnovers, just a couple of penalties). Hawkins played well too with only 1 TO and just a few penalties. 

16 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Hawkins player throws punch right in front of our bench and ref, nothing called .... next play our rb drug down from behind by picture perfect horsecollar ... nothing called ....

Did he drag him for a few yards or jerk him down immediately?  Was it inside tackle box?

1 minute ago, SUPERKAT17 said:

Did he drag him for a few yards or jerk him down immediately?  Was it inside tackle box?

It was right on the sideline in front of our bench, our player was down and starting to get up ... the Hawkins player did a "one, two" slap at his face mask with both hands ... the line judge was right there watching it ....

3 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

It was right on the sideline in front of our bench, our player was down and starting to get up ... the Hawkins player did a "one, two" slap at his face mask with both hands ... the line judge was right there watching it ....

I was referring to horse collar

2 hours ago, Cat51993 said:

Damn carlise and beckville won. I thought 1 thru 4 from 9 was the beeeeeesssssst.

I told BearcatBlue on Thursday that they would beat Shelbyville. I figured Joaquin/ Carlisle was a toss-up. I kinda figured on Garrison knocking off Hawkins. 

2 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

I told BearcatBlue on Thursday that they would beat Shelbyville. I figured Joaquin/ Carlisle was a toss-up. I kinda figured on Garrison knocking off Hawkins. 

I didn't,I honestly thought the Hawks playing just solid fundamental ball would put pressure on the Dawgs youngsters and force mistakes..Hawks ain't blazing fast but had good fundamentals when we met up.Oh well,I've been wrong afore and will be again in the future...lol 

8 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

I didn't,I honestly thought the Hawks playing just solid fundamental ball would put pressure on the Dawgs youngsters and force mistakes..Hawks ain't blazing fast but had good fundamentals when we met up.Oh well,I've been wrong afore and will be again in the future...lol 

I think our young kids grew up fast this season.  Hawkins had us size wise, we had them with quickness and speed.  Our defense was really flying to the ball and we shut down their running game when we needed to .... The change at QB was the key factor I believe.  I saw a lot of heart out of these kids .... they are only going to get better .... 

On 11/13/2020 at 9:51 PM, KirtFalcon said:

Looking pretty good about now .... need any help airing up them basketballs? .....

If we needed any help we would ask the two teams from your district that failed to complete the sweep but them Indians still going.