Mount Vernon vs Gladewater

Tatum_DirtyBird

Who wins this tickle fight?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this tickle fight?

2 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

Really think this one will be a shoot out!! Last team with the ball might be the winner!! Neither team has shown they can stop good teams. I'm going with MV by 7.

42-35 MV Wins

I can guarantee that you are going to see the fastest offense and defense y’all have played this year. I suspect we will have guys on defense that haven’t played a ton of defense this year.  I think our defensive speed will be disruptive at times and cause some turnovers. I will say the worry I have is that the defensive backs stick to their assignments. Blown coverages have happened too much and with MV that can’t happen. Should be a great game but I think we will score more than 35. Only 2 teams have held us under 40 this season and one was a 4AD1 team that we still beat. I’ll go with a 49-35 win for the Bears. 

24 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

Really think this one will be a shoot out!! Last team with the ball might be the winner!! Neither team has shown they can stop good teams. I'm going with MV by 7.

42-35 MV Wins

Kinda depends on what you call a "good" team. 

You see the fact is neither team has the kind of defense that stops any team, good or bad. The object is to control the game enough to get key stops in key situations. Cause a turnover here or there. 

I could be wrong but I don't think it will be the shootout many expect. I think the game will be won at the line of scrimmage. Whoever can get pressure on the other team's QB will affect the game. Of course that's only if Mt Vernon can stop the run. If they can't stop the run they won't have much of a need to pressure our QB. Of course even if we are averaging 10 yards a carry, I do suspect we will pass the ball more than a little. 

49 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

42-35 MV Wins

GW schedule is a whole different animal then the schedule MV played. 

11 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

Game was a blowout by halftime. 

Yeah everyone brushes off the fact that it was 43-17 at halftime. We rested some players the second half and we also ran the spread the entire second half. If we had wanted to burn up the second half we could have but we had things to work on in case we needed it. 

1 minute ago, GWBears01 said:

Yeah everyone brushes off the fact that it was 43-17 at halftime. We rested some players the second half and we also ran the spread the entire second half. If we had wanted to burn up the second half we could have but we had things to work on in case we needed it. 

Yeah and the fact that Sabine went up 10-0 to start. Sabine played hard till the final whistle, some players rested up and like you said. We could’ve ate up the second half with a couple drives but chose to work on some things instead. The game was never in doubt. 

5 hours ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Yeah, they saying their whole district has weak run defense. 👀

District 6 will find out soon enough.. only run defense I would call weak of the playoff teams out of D5 would be Potts. 
Our secondary is our problem but it does sound like adjustments are finally being made. Excited for Friday 

4 minutes ago, Blazin97 said:

Y’all both might need to be talked off the ledge after Friday 👀

Man if we play well and you guys win I’ll just tip my hat. I will say it would be disappointing to see a group this talented go down in round 1. I’ve been saying for 3 years that this will be our peak year. The senior leadership combined with the really strong junior class is a good combination. These kids have been fun to watch and I believe if they play like they are capable we will move on. No ledge needed 😃

3 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Man if we play well and you guys win I’ll just tip my hat. I will say it would be disappointing to see a group this talented go down in round 1. I’ve been saying for 3 years that this will be our peak year. The senior leadership combined with the really strong junior class is a good combination. These kids have been fun to watch and I believe if they play like they are capable we will move on. No ledge needed 😃

Honestly I think the winner of this game is playing in round 4. Both of these teams have the talent and capability to do so. Whichever team loses it’ll be way too early! 

How did this turn into ANOTHER thread of Tatum and GW arguing...? We know Tatum didn't get to practice, we also know GW gave up yards to Tatum, we also know Tatum ONLY scored 21 points and GW scored 42 (which last I checked is how they determine who wins or loses) anyways on to things that matter (as in not week 5 of the regular season) -->

The Gladewater defense has gotten better as the year has progressed. I would call it average and opportunistic... match a great offense with an average defense and you win most of your games... if the defense continues to be opportunistic (creating turnovers) and the offense does what the offense does, GW will be very very hard to beat. Is MV a great matchup for GW? Well that depends, if they cant stop the run then yeah GW will likely control the game... but if it truly turns into a shootout, it will a coin flip game which is why its so nice to finally have an explosive offense to match our power run game. GO BEARS! 

57 minutes ago, bearnation said:

How did this turn into ANOTHER thread of Tatum and GW arguing...? We know Tatum didn't get to practice, we also know GW gave up yards to Tatum, we also know Tatum ONLY scored 21 points and GW scored 42 (which last I checked is how they determine who wins or loses) anyways on to things that matter (as in not week 5 of the regular season) -->

The Gladewater defense has gotten better as the year has progressed. I would call it average and opportunistic... match a great offense with an average defense and you win most of your games... if the defense continues to be opportunistic (creating turnovers) and the offense does what the offense does, GW will be very very hard to beat. Is MV a great matchup for GW? Well that depends, if they cant stop the run then yeah GW will likely control the game... but if it truly turns into a shootout, it will a coin flip game which is why its so nice to finally have an explosive offense to match our power run game. GO BEARS! 

🥱