Mount Vernon vs Gladewater

Tatum_DirtyBird

Who wins this tickle fight?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this tickle fight?

MV fans...Correct me if I'm wrong but it seemed to me you guys came out way more physical than any of the games that I have watched ya'll play. I was expecting GW to be the physical team but you guys took it to them all night...your QB destroying the GW safety for a TD just seemed to light a fire under the whole team. Your defense played wayyyyy better than they did during  the couple of district games that I watched you guys play!! Congrats and good luck next round!!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

MV fans...Correct me if I'm wrong but it seemed to me you guys came out way more physical than any of the games that I have watched ya'll play. I was expecting GW to be the physical team but you guys took it to them all night...your QB destroying the GW safety for a TD just seemed to light a fire under the whole team. Your defense played wayyyyy better than they did during  the couple of district games that I watched you guys play!! Congrats and good luck next round!!

That Qb Td was awesome. Defense didn’t play great but loved how they competed. That pick 6 was the turning point of the game before half. We got GW to a lot of 3rd and longs and then carter would gash us for a big gain. 

Congrats to the Tigers. Y'all played an awesome game. Good luck going forward in the playoffs. 

Game Stats 

First Downs- Bears 28 MV 23

Rushing/Yards- Bears 44/280 MV 40/200

Passing- Bears 11/19/155/2 TDs/Int MV 14/21/301/5 TDs

Penalties/Yards- Bears 7/55 MV 7/45

Score By Quarters 

1st- Bears 7 MV 8

2nd- Bears 21 MV 29

3rd- Bears 0 MV 7

4th- Bears 15 MV 7

Individual Stat Leaders 

Bears- Rushing- Eligia Carter 19/183/TD

Tristan Holmes 12/40/2 TDs

Passing- Tristan Holmes 11/19/155/2 TDs/Int

Receiving- Eligia Carter 4/81/TD

DJ Allen 5/58/TD

Kickoff Returns- K'Havia Reese 1/48

Kolin Lewis 2/34

Mt Vernon- Rushing- Brock Nellor 29/146/TD

Passing- Brock Nellor 14/21/301/5 TDs

Receiving- Cayden Coffman 4/116/TD

Interception Return- Makenzie McGill 1/45/TD

Kickoff Return- Cayden Coffman 2/17

3 minutes ago, Maineman1988 said:

Just stopping by to see if you gw boys are ready to fire your coach? 

No. We lost to what I consider a better team. They played hard and were well coached. I feel bad for this group of seniors but they have had a great run the last 3 years. Considering we have a ton of talent coming back we will only get better as a program going forward. Johnny did a great job in year one and I expect for him to be around for a long time to come. 

1 hour ago, GWBears01 said:

No. We lost to what I consider a better team. They played hard and were well coached. I feel bad for this group of seniors but they have had a great run the last 3 years. Considering we have a ton of talent coming back we will only get better as a program going forward. Johnny did a great job in year one and I expect for him to be around for a long time to come. 

I feel bad y’all had to play us first round. That matchup should have happened in round 3 at least. GW is a really good team. I predicted that the winner of this game will be playing in the regional final, hope that holds true 

2 hours ago, Maineman1988 said:

Just stopping by to see if you gw boys are ready to fire your coach? 

Nope, season didn’t pan out how we wanted it too. I’ve wanted Jonny to lead our program for several years. Trying to blend some new scheme stuff in while carrying over what worked from previous years all in a shortened off season. GW will be back. Troll else where 

1 minute ago, BearFan13 said:

Nope, season didn’t pan out how we wanted it too. I’ve wanted Jonny to lead our program for several years. Trying to blend some new scheme stuff in while carrying over what worked from previous years all in a shortened off season. GW will be back. Troll else where 

Better learn how to play Defense. And get to working on it Asap. This is no knock on Coach L. But this team suffered due to No defensive presence on field or off. Even if Coach Berry would have been here I believe they would of benefited from it more. Defensively for sure. The bears will be fine if they get a defensive mindset just like the offensive mindset. First year it will be better.

25 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Some on the app are in their feels. They was rusty though. 

Just one is in his feelings and he’ll be gone after next year. Same #### for the last three years outta him. Nobody said anything about being rusty. We got beat simple as that. Troll on.