Mount Vernon vs Gladewater

Tatum_DirtyBird

Who wins this tickle fight?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this tickle fight?

4 minutes ago, Racer55 said:

They went three rounds that year. Also we lost by a point to the wind lol

Ya but look who they played in the second round... we killed them in district that year, I think it was like 40 something to 12. 

They had athletes all over so they were a little scary but MV being a 4 seed this year isn’t fair to GW. GW was a 5 point favorite. I’m sure y’all were like a 28 point favorite at least 

16 hours ago, GWBears01 said:

No. We lost to what I consider a better team. They played hard and were well coached. I feel bad for this group of seniors but they have had a great run the last 3 years. Considering we have a ton of talent coming back we will only get better as a program going forward. Johnny did a great job in year one and I expect for him to be around for a long time to come. 

Better team?  Like better athletes? Or better coached team?

4 minutes ago, Blazin97 said:

Tough L to swallow. This was their state champ team, they might not show for a while 

There was alot of talk from both sides going into this game.  Since the game GW fans have been very respectful and I give them credit for that. It would have been a disheartening loss for either team.  

What's the point? No football being talked about. Just a bunch of people trying to rile each other up. Shoot, we even have Gilmer fans on here that haven't posted on a Gladewater thread since the 1st game. They like nothing better than seeing a Bear loss. This website used to be about talking football. Don't see much of that anymore. We got enough junk going in the world to continue that on a site that should be about the boys. I posted the stats and gave the Tigers credit where credit was due. Not much else to say on this thread unless rileing fans up is your Sunday, or should I say, daily entertainment. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cg302 said:

There was alot of talk from both sides going into this game.  Since the game GW fans have been very respectful and I give them credit for that. It would have been a disheartening loss for either team.  

GW fans have been respectful I agree. I also gave them a lot of props after the game. I was just saying that they may be gone for a little bit because this GW team had very high expectations, just unluckily for them they ran into MV in rd 1

1 minute ago, Blazin97 said:

GW fans have been respectful I agree. I also gave them a lot of props after the game. I was just saying that they may be gone for a little bit because this GW team had very high expectations, just unluckily for them they ran into MV in rd 1

I can't honestly say my expectations were that high, and yes we didn't draw a very good matchup in the 1st round, but to win state you have to go through some tough teams. Every game in the region, with few exceptions, will be tough. I, as a fan, never go into a game expecting to win. 

MT. Vernon's fast pace offense would give a lot of teams trouble. It gave me fits trying to do a play by play stat sheet. The defense just can't adjust quick enough. The pick six hurt us, but the defender was setting on the route. I saw the defender break before our QB threw the ball. We had chances even after that. When we stopped y'all on your 1st drive of the 2nd half I truly thought that was our chance but y'all stopped us on that series and we never stopped y'all again. As someone told me, we came to a shootout without enough bullets. Your defense did what was needed. You made the 2 big stops. That's all you needed because we couldn't stop your offense.

12 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

I can't honestly say my expectations were that high, and yes we didn't draw a very good matchup in the 1st round, but to win state you have to go through some tough teams. Every game in the region, with few exceptions, will be tough. I, as a fan, never go into a game expecting to win. 

MT. Vernon's fast pace offense would give a lot of teams trouble. It gave me fits trying to do a play by play stat sheet. The defense just can't adjust quick enough. The pick six hurt us, but the defender was setting on the route. I saw the defender break before our QB threw the ball. We had chances even after that. When we stopped y'all on your 1st drive of the 2nd half I truly thought that was our chance but y'all stopped us on that series and we never stopped y'all again. As someone told me, we came to a shootout without enough bullets. Your defense did what was needed. You made the 2 big stops. That's all you needed because we couldn't stop your offense.

Yes it was a great game and fun to be at! I was never comfortable until we were able to kneel it out. We knew how good of a team yall were. When y’all scored to cut the lead to make it 51-43, I had to cover my eyes on the onside kick. 

5 minutes ago, Blazin97 said:

Yes it was a great game and fun to be at! I was never comfortable until we were able to kneel it out. We knew how good of a team yall were. When y’all scored to cut the lead to make it 51-43, I had to cover my eyes on the onside kick. 

We've recovered one this year. Onside kicks are hard especially when the other team knows they are coming.

Mt. Vernon played a great game... They seemed to make every right play call.... We blitz a DB and they dump it over his head for 60 yards, it was that type of game... GW defense was nowhere near good enough (I was afraid of that). Our offense did enough to keep us in the game but the defense just couldnt stop MV, even in the quarters where they "only" scored once, they controlled the game with big plays and a consistent running game. At the end of the season only 1 team is going to end their season with a win, yes I hate it was a first round exit but thats the way it goes sometimes. I appreciate the hard work of the team, especially the seniors -- good luck in your future endeavors. Hopefully GW will continue to improve as a program and win district again next year and with a little luck, make a run in the playoffs. GO BEARS! 

• Like 2

On 11/15/2020 at 3:37 PM, Eagleborn said:

Usually GW folks are posting non stop by now???? Other night reason was it was late...... it’s not late now. So what gives?

Once again you show your envy for gladewater. Every fan I know showed up and congratulated MV on playing a great game. Idk what it is that you love so much about GW because anytime someone calls you out you become quiet as a church mouse. Straight clown is all you are. 

Don’t worry though, GW will be back to give Tatum their annual whoopin next year so get started on y’all’s lame excuses 

• LOL! 1