RIP Alex Trebek

Stoney

On 11/8/2020 at 2:48 PM, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

What is the Goat of game Television Hosts? I believe he didn’t miss a show . The news release announcing his record said, “Alex has been a mainstay of the show for all 30 seasons and has never missed an episode due to illness.” ... “It's an honor to hold the Guinness World Record for hosting 'Jeopardy!,' which I've often said is the best of reality TV,” Trebek said at the time.Jan 4, 2018. That is work ethic and longevity.

That's actually kind of tough if you think about Bill Cullen, Bob Barker, Wink Martindale, Gene Rayburn, Bob Eubanks, Monty Hall, Richard Dawson, Pat Sajack, Art Fleming, Peter Marshall, and I'll even through in Chuck Barris.  So, he is in elite company.  I first remember him on this :  

Here he's battling it out with one of my old time favorites with Gene Rayburn.   

• 2 months later...
On 11/8/2020 at 3:29 PM, Pilgrim said:

The show will not be the same without him. He has been hinting all thru this new season that Ken Jennings  will be his replacement as Ken now works on the show.

make it a true daily double, Alex!

Ken Jennings is the new host of Jeopardy.

• Thanks 1

Anyone who listens to Rush Limbaugh knows his days here on earth are soon coming to an end as well .... I would like to see him start "mentoring" his replacement in a similar way that Alex Trebek did with Jennings ... at this point, I'm not sure who his replacement will be .... I know Rush will be surely missed and he will leave a huge void as a conservative voice ... I also believe Rush is a lot closer to the end than he let's on with the public ...

• Like 1

On 1/11/2021 at 4:38 PM, Pilgrim said:

Ken Jennings is the new host of Jeopardy.

I watched Jeopardy today and they introduced Ken Jennings as the "Guest Host". They may be doing a trial period of different ones that could be the host for the show permanently.

12 hours ago, Stoney said:

That was must watch TV when sick or home during summer break as a kid.

Yep, that was one of the rules about being home sick. You could stay in your PJs until Price Is Right was over.  :D 

12 hours ago, Crawford said:

I watched Jeopardy today and they introduced Ken Jennings as the "Guest Host". They may be doing a trial period of different ones that could be the host for the show permanently.

Yes, I’m wondering if Buzzy and James Holzhauer will get a shot at hosting as well. I have heard that Aaron Rodgers will guest host as well.