Well I guess I get to see what the virus thing is all about first hand.

BlahBlah

My wife, 11 year old daughter, and myself have tested positive for the Covid-19 virus today.  My 9 year old boy tested negative, and gets to spend two weeks with his grandma.  Wife and kid has no symptoms so far.  I have a smashing headache, fever, diarrhea, and fatigue.  Hopefully this passes over fast.  I did prep for this with 1 months supply of food , water, and personal hygiene .  So here goes day 1 of 10-14 straight days stuck in the house.  

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, BlahBlah said:

My wife, 11 year old daughter, and myself have tested positive for the Covid-19 virus today.  My 9 year old boy tested negative, and gets to spend two weeks with his grandma.  Wife and kid has no symptoms so far.  I have a smashing headache, fever, diarrhea, and fatigue.  Hopefully this passes over fast.  I did prep for this with 1 months supply of food , water, and personal hygiene .  So here goes day 1 of 10-14 straight days stuck in the house.  

Prayers for a speedy recover sir... 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, BlahBlah said:

Prayers for all of you! Hope things abate for you quickly and that the rest of your family is spared adverse effects from it. Hang in there, and keep us posted, if you can. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BlahBlah said:

I had it about a month ago along with my wife and 2 kids.  My wife, son, and I all tested positive twice.  My daughter never tested positive but had the same symptoms as us and was sick at the same time.  She tested negative 3 times.  

We all had pretty bad head congestion, fatigue, and loss of smell.  My wife had the bad headaches.  The sickness seemed to last about 5 or 6 days.  Would feel sick for a couple days then feel completely well 1 day then sick again for another day or two.  My wife had one day where she experienced a little shortness of breath, other than that none of us experienced any upper respiratory problems.  

Make sure you are taking vitamins C, D3, and Zinc and stay very hydrated.  

Our Doctor prescribed my wife and I a Z-pack, steroid, and hydroxycloroquin (not sure if that is the correct spelling).  We took the antibiotic and steroid but never started the hydroxy because it never moved into our chests.  Our kids (17 and 19) only took vitamins. 

I was told by 1 doctor to make sure and move around a little each day to help prevent it from settling in our lungs.  Not sure if it helped but we did that and never experienced any chest issues.

Good luck and I hope you get over it soon.

9 minutes ago, BlahBlah said:

Only at work.  When I'm at the store, and their is somebody who looks high-risk in front of behind me.  I put on the mask out of not being a jerk.  

And you still got it.  Thanks for your honesty.  Praying for you and yours.  I'm confidant ya'll will be ok.  I had many of those same symptoms last week but it was due to too much wild turkey. 😁

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SAPACK1 said:

I had it about a month ago along with my wife and 2 kids.  My wife, son, and I all tested positive twice.  My daughter never tested positive but had the same symptoms as us and was sick at the same time.  She tested negative 3 times.  

We all had pretty bad head congestion, fatigue, and loss of smell.  My wife had the bad headaches.  The sickness seemed to last about 5 or 6 days.  Would feel sick for a couple days then feel completely well 1 day then sick again for another day or two.  My wife had one day where she experienced a little shortness of breath, other than that none of us experienced any upper respiratory problems.  

Our Doctor prescribed my wife and I a Z-pack, steroid, and hydroxycloroquin (not sure if that is the correct spelling).  We took the antibiotic and steroid but never started the hydroxy because it never moved into our chests.  Our kids (17 and 19) only took vitamins. 

I was told by 1 doctor to make sure and move around a little each day to help prevent it from settling in our lungs.  Not sure if it helped but we did that and never experienced any chest issues.

I have antibiotic and steroids pill pack.  I chose not use experimental drugs unless I go onto a respirator.  I have to do breathing and few other exercises regardless if I want to do it or not.   This virus makes me want to lay down and sleep like Rip Van Winkle .  Telling my kid she can't go out and play with friends, and not going to the gym with us is tough.  

On 11/10/2020 at 3:06 PM, BlahBlah said:

I've heard that the symptoms can last as short as two days from some people that tested positive.  On average from what I have gleaned is it lasts between 4-6 days depending on your immune system and if you don't have any other health issues.  I hope you don't have diabetes, because I've read that they get hit the hardest.  If you have O blood the symptoms aren't as harsh either.  President Trump is an old man, and many said he had health issues that he wasn't reporting, and his lasted 4 days.  Some say he took concoctions that the average American citizen doesn't have access to, but many were already saying that those didn't work to begin with.  You'll be in my prayers.  

One of my co-worker was very high risk, and got it.  He had diabetes , high blood pressure, and obesity.  He had little symptoms . His 20 year old son who was a college student got sick, and it lasted for a month.  He also got  50,000 doctor bill. 

12 minutes ago, BlahBlah said:

One of my co-worker was very high risk, and got it.  He had diabetes , high blood pressure, and obesity.  He had little symptoms . His 20 year old son who was a college student got sick, and it lasted for a month.  He also got  50,000 doctor bill. 

Damn

2 hours ago, BlahBlah said:

I have antibiotic and steroids pill pack.  I chose not use experimental drugs unless I go onto a respirator.  I have to do breathing and few other exercises regardless if I want to do it or not.   This virus makes me want to lay down and sleep like Rip Van Winkle .  Telling my kid she can't go out and play with friends, and not going to the gym with us is tough.  

I really don't believe that Hydroxycloroquine is an experimental drug.  While my family was fighting COVID every Dr that I consulted with encouraged the use of this drug if there were any signs that breathing or upper respiratory problems were existent.  I consulted with 5 different doctors from a local Dr in Hemphill, to our family physician in Nacogdoches, and my cardiologist in Houston, plus 2 doctors at clinics where we did our testing.  One of them actually takes it as a prentative twice per week along with all their office employees and have done so since early this past summer. 

I read a report from a hospital in a metropolitan area that says that the survival rate at their facility is 100% for those that began hydroxycloroquine within the first 5 days of the onset of upper respiratory issues related to COVID. 

I, however, never had to take it so I am not speaking from experience.  I would just hate for someone to pass that maybe could have survived had they not let politics get in the way of their better judgment. 

2 hours ago, BlahBlah said:

Get up and walk around a little every now and then.  I really think that helps prevent it from settling in the lungs.  I hope that some of the things I've learned and am passing on helps you or anyone else that may read this.

On 11/10/2020 at 3:24 PM, JETT said:

Have you caught it yet, Ms. Know it all?

I have.  I had a mild case.  4 males is my family spent 6,6,9 and 12 days in the hospital with the worst viral pneumonia from Covid.  It’s like the flu to some, it’s like a cold to some.  But to some it’s extremely rough and very bad.  They’re finding it leaves people with heart rate issues, high blood pressure, acid reflux, vision problems, and other things to boot.  

I have had a change of heart on the severity of this virus and suggest others who thinks it’s just the flu to take it a little more seriously.  

On 11/10/2020 at 4:26 PM, SAPACK1 said:

Did your dr do an ekg on you before prescribing the hydroxychloriquine?  

13 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I have.  I had a mild case.  4 males is my family spent 6,6,9 and 12 days in the hospital with the worst viral pneumonia from Covid.  It’s like the flu to some, it’s like a cold to some.  But to some it’s extremely rough and very bad.  They’re finding it leaves people with heart rate issues, high blood pressure, acid reflux, vision problems, and other things to boot.  

I have had a change of heart on the severity of this virus and suggest others who thinks it’s just the flu to take it a little more seriously.  

Very sorry you and your family had to go through that, and hope things progress. 

Have a friend and long time educator just moved onto a ventilator after she was in ICU for several days. It looks dire for her. 

On 11/10/2020 at 3:06 PM, BlahBlah said:

Go get a shot of Rocephin & a script of Keflex & you’ll be fine in a matter of days... Trust Me!👌

& Push Fluids regularly; ( I boycotted those A-holes @ Gatoraide when they supported BLM) but something similar should be just fine.

2 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Very sorry you and your family had to go through that, and hope things progress. 

Have a friend and long time educator just moved onto a ventilator after she was in ICU for several days. It looks dire for her. 

Sorry to hear that, and sorry I teased you about hiding under the bed for seven months.  That was wrong of me, but it was my ignorance of the matter that caused it.  We had 13 in our family at one time that had it and all 13 cases were different