Bells vs Eastland - Area Round 11/20

ObiOne

Area Round  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Bells Panthers
    • Eastland Mavericks

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/21/2020 at 01:30 AM

District 8 completed the sweep of District 7 last night with (3) S&S beating Blooming Grove 20-0,  (1) Gunter 62 - Rice 0, (2) Bells38 - Edgewood 12, and (4)Leonard 26 - Palmer 20.  Not that District 7 is a powerhouse but good to see the district sweep nonetheless.  

On 11/15/2020 at 8:46 PM, ObiOne said:

@Paxwould you mind doing your breakdown on this game?

Including district and playoffs only, Bells is averaging 38.9 ppg vs defenses that give up 24.8 on average.  On defense, they hold opponents to 19.6 ppg who average 28.2 per game.  Overall swing for Bells is +22.7.

Eastland is putting up 55.7 per game against defenses that hold teams to 28.7 on average.  On defense, they are holding teams to 23.5 who average 23.9.  Eastland's overall swing is +27.4.

From a ppg perspective, both teams will face the best offensive team they have seen all year since district started.  On paper, Bells is about 1 TD better on defense, but Eastland is about 2 TDs better on offense.  I expect a good game, and likely high-scoring with Eastland taking it by 1 or 2 scores.  Final prediction : Eastland, 47-38.

I'll be rooting for Bells out of district 8 though.  It certainly looks like a very winnable game on paper,  What I don't know is how many of the points Eastland has given up have come against backups.  55-20, 65-19, 77-41, 56-21.  They are scoring a lot AND giving up quite a bit too.  It's hard to tell if those are bona fide points or just trash time points because I can't find any box scores.  Could be skewing the numbers.  I still think it's a close one.  Good luck!

19 minutes ago, Pax said:

Including district and playoffs only, Bells is averaging 38.9 ppg vs defenses that give up 24.8 on average.  On defense, they hold opponents to 19.6 ppg who average 28.2 per game.  Overall swing for Bells is +22.7.

Eastland is putting up 55.7 per game against defenses that hold teams to 28.7 on average.  On defense, they are holding teams to 23.5 who average 23.9.  Eastland's overall swing is +27.4.

From a ppg perspective, both teams will face the best offensive team they have seen all year since district started.  On paper, Bells is about 1 TD better on defense, but Eastland is about 2 TDs better on offense.  I expect a good game, and likely high-scoring with Eastland taking it by 1 or 2 scores.  Final prediction : Eastland, 47-38.

I'll be rooting for Bells out of district 8 though.  It certainly looks like a very winnable game on paper,  What I don't know is how many of the points Eastland has given up have come against backups.  55-20, 65-19, 77-41, 56-21.  They are scoring a lot AND giving up quite a bit too.  It's hard to tell if those are bona fide points or just trash time points because I can't find any box scores.  Could be skewing the numbers.  I still think it's a close one.  Good luck!

Thanks Pax!  Always enjoy your predictions.  Usually pretty darn close

Drastic difference in offensive styles.  If Bells can get the slot T rolling and keep the ball away from Eastland, they have a great chance to get the win. Eastland has given up quite a few points, so that bodes well for Bells.  Don't think Bells has faced a QB likes this one though.