Area Rd: Daingerfield vs Waskom

EastTxFinest

Area Round  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Daingerfield Tigers
    • Waskom Wildcats

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/21/2020 at 01:00 AM

9 minutes ago, EastTxFinest said:

He's a good one too. Ours is coming along nicely in his 1st few years. His 1st AD job and seems to be getting the job done early.

I know he has one shared district title from last year was this year a shared district title or a outright district title. He has had some good playoff runs also

20 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

I know he has one shared district title from last year was this year a shared district title or a outright district title. He has had some good playoff runs also

3 way tie we got #1 by points. Id of rather just beat Hooks and it wouldn't have been an issue lol

• Like 2

Geez.......sounds like this game has all the makings of being a thriller.  I picked Dangerfield in my bracket just because it's been a while for them and they seem to have a good team and some hunger pangs this season.......and a good QB.  In the playoffs I know a good D is a big plus, but you can't ever underestimate the value of a good QB either.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Geez.......sounds like this game has all the makings of being a thriller.  I picked Dangerfield in my bracket just because it's been a while for them and they seem to have a good team and some hunger pangs this season.......and a good QB.  In the playoffs I know a good D is a big plus, but you can't ever underestimate the value of a good QB either.

People have had this game circled before it was even written down on paper.

On 11/15/2020 at 9:34 AM, EastTxFinest said:

I figured this thread would be 5 pages but I guess those waskum boys are nervous 😓😬😅 

Yeah, the Waskom faithful used to be some serious trash talkers.  I remember around 2013 when they were going against Refugio they were talking trash like I'd never seen on Smoaky, thinking they were going to hand it to Refugio.  They got beat down so bad perhaps that is still in the recesses of their minds making them think twice before doing it?  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

Yeah, the Waskom faithful used to be some serious trash talkers.  I remember around 2013 when they were going against Refugio they were talking trash like I'd never seen on Smoaky, thinking they were going to hand it to Refugio.  They got beat down so bad perhaps that is still in the recesses of their minds making them think twice before doing it?  

We'll try and keep em quiet the rest of the year too

• Like 1

On 11/16/2020 at 9:12 AM, EastTxFinest said:

@Paxcan we get your analogy on this one

Since district started, Waskom is averaging 48.3 per game vs defenses that give up 25.4 per game (22.8 more) and giving up 11.7 to teams averaging 23.9 (12.2 fewer) for a total swing of +35.1.

Daingerfield is scoring 44.4 per game against defenses that are giving up 28.2 (16.2 more) and holding teams that score 25.4 on average to 19.0 (6.4 fewer).

I give the edge to Waskom on both sides.  On paper, their offense is about a touchdown better, and their defense is about a touchdown better.  Certainly a winnable game for Daingerfield, but they will have to have one of their best games.  I think Waskom takes it, 42-30.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Pax said:

Since district started, Waskom is averaging 48.3 per game vs defenses that give up 25.4 per game (22.8 more) and giving up 11.7 to teams averaging 23.9 (12.2 fewer) for a total swing of +35.1.

Daingerfield is scoring 44.4 per game against defenses that are giving up 28.2 (16.2 more) and holding teams that score 25.4 on average to 19.0 (6.4 fewer).

I give the edge to Waskom on both sides.  On paper, their offense is about a touchdown better, and their defense is about a touchdown better.  Certainly a winnable game for Daingerfield, but they will have to have one of their best games.  I think Waskom takes it, 42-30.

The only thing I would mention is Waskom did that we a different QB who is out for the season up until the EF game. Daingerfield has a very quick and fast QB and when pressured can and will take it to the house. If Waskom is to win they will have to find a way to keep him from taking off, and from what I have seen not many teams have accomplished that feat. Daingerfield has more size and is just a quick as Waskom. Waskom can win the game but they can't put the ball on the ground like they did against New Waverly. 

2 hours ago, Everide2016 said:

Ain’t nobody thinking about the Refugio game!

30 minutes ago, Pax said:

Thanks. 

3 minutes ago, DTH4life said:

For real ??? 

Waskom Wildcats (9-1) vs. Daingerfield Tigers (9-2)
Date/Time:
Thursday November 19, 2020 @ 7:00 pm
Waskom will be the HOME team. Tickets will be sold at Central Office this week starting on Monday. The cost will be $5.00. You may also purchase your ticket at the gate, but it will be by Credit Card ONLY.