Area Rd: Daingerfield vs Waskom

EastTxFinest

Area Round  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Daingerfield Tigers
    • Waskom Wildcats

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/21/2020 at 01:00 AM

Hopefully someone from DF can shed some light on this.  I have wondered all season why DF,'s #3 goes outta bounds practically every time he carried the ball near the sidelines, and practically throws it in the stands when he's given up on the pass.   Have noticed that practically every game I have seen them play this year.  Has the coach instructed him not to take the hit.  Just seems he could have a lot more yardage than he ends up with.

I thought DF just "gave up" waaay too many opportunities on offense and made it much easier on the Waskom D at times during the game.  Ultimately.......this could have caused some uncertainly with the offense and kept them from performing to their best potential.  Congrats to Waskom for a couple of defensive stands and advancing to Round 3.  Good season for DF.......but I'm sure they will be disappointed when they watch the film......if they watch the film.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, EastTxFinest said:

Nightmare 

I was looking at the Live Stream Video replay and notice that Jetter came over and gave coach Keeling a hug and shook hands with some of the guys, now that is sportsmanship on any level because that had to be hard to do in this situation. Thumbs up to Jetter and Daingerfield for a great game.  Add I am not 100% sure that was Jetter but I think it was. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Texlov said:

smart move by the UIL

Explain genius what's so smart about not letting the players shake hands right after they been tackling each other all freakin night, is that when covid suddenly is gonna appear after the game is over and that covid doesn't spread to football players and coaches while they're playing, help me on this?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

Explain genius what's so smart about not letting the players shake hands right after they been tackling each other all freakin night, is that when covid suddenly is gonna appear after the game is over and that covid doesn't spread to football while they're playing, help me on this?

In the lower divisions you are absolutely correct.  
In the bigger divisions you may have 70 or more players suited out, with maybe 40 getting game action. This is probably the UIL’s reasoning, as silly as it may be. 

Waskom play caller was playing Chess all night.  I was very impressed with the Waskom QB.  I wouldn't have known he was the backup if everyone on here wouldn't have made a big stink about it.  Hes sneaky fast and good runner.  But the best player on the field and maybe the region was the Daingerfield QB.  Its debatable.

1 minute ago, DeBerryJacket said:

I just think something is wrong with Daingerfield's QB. His game changed toward the end of the season. He has to have some injury that is affecting his play. He just looks different and plays different from earlier in the season. Just my observation.

Someone said he has Turf toe and also a shoulder injury but not sure if that’s true but I heard that from a DF fan like a week ago or so. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TDJ89 said:

He played pretty good to me, but Waskom had something to do with him not exploding lol

I really thought that Daingerfield was going to go for the tie and beat us in OT because they had big mo on their side at the time. I was already thinking I was going to have a long trip home after being up 14 points with under 6 minutes to play. We was lucky he turn the ball up instead of shooting quickly around the end, of course he couldn't see that and was trying to make a play. He saved DF on a couple of big 4th down plays that had me shaking my head.  

19 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

I really thought that Daingerfield was going to go for the tie and beat us in OT because they had big mo on their side at the time. I was already thinking I was going to have a long trip home after being up 14 points with under 6 minutes to play. We was lucky he turn the ball up instead of shooting quickly around the end, of course he couldn't see that and was trying to make a play. He saved DF on a couple of big 4th down plays that had me shaking my head.  

I thought the same thing too that he would try for the corner, but it's easy to see the whole field from stand level than the field 

31 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

A turf toe injury would have a big say in explosiveness too.

I had a turf toe, your not gonna be able to move as quickly and Jeter looked dam quick to me, he ran that long TD like he wasn't limited, then some people say he ran out of bounds a few times, well hell yeah, Waskom had a gang gunning for his butt lol, and if he was slightly hurt, why take that unnecessary punishment and risk of getting knocked out the game

25 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

I told my son in stands that DF would go for 2 point because Waskom had been in control the whole game but last 5 min should of won 35-14 really if not for that bad exchange that more than likely would of been final!  They had uncle Mo though I didn’t blame them for trying to win it there while Waskom was on heels and wondering how it got to that point and kid almost pulled it off ! But they didn’t want no part of OT with yal good game Waskom glad we came to watch some of our friends move on to round 3 ! 

• Like 2