Area Rd: Daingerfield vs Waskom

EastTxFinest

Area Round  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Daingerfield Tigers
    • Waskom Wildcats

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/21/2020 at 01:00 AM

1 hour ago, Timboslice79 said:

He didn't limp any at all. If you have had turf toe before you dont walk let alone run without atleast a slight limp. 

I am an athletic trainer.  You may show some signs of limping the first couple of weeks... at some point, you get over the "babying" of it and the pain becomes more like pressure that limits that push.

Anyone who pays attention to sprinters and jumpers can feel and see that the initial explosiveness is pushed off of that toe and transferred to the others. 

I don't know if this couch QB diagnosis is actually true or not... But I can tell you that I had a D1 athlete only miss 1 game with a turf toe and play the rest of the season...  He did not hit his 4.3 speed the rest of that season, but he also did not limp after that 2nd or 3rd game.  

5 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

I am an athletic trainer.  You may show some signs of limping the first couple of weeks... at some point, you get over the "babying" of it and the pain becomes more like pressure that limits that push.

Anyone who pays attention to sprinters and jumpers can feel and see that the initial explosiveness is pushed off of that toe and transferred to the others. 

I don't know if this couch QB diagnosis is actually true or not... But I can tell you that I had a D1 athlete only miss 1 game with a turf toe and play the rest of the season...  He did not hit his 4.3 speed the rest of that season, but he also did not limp after that 2nd or 3rd game.  

Couch qb lol. How's that 36,000 a year treating you athletic trainer?

• LOL! 1

58 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

That was pretty funny.  Athletic Trainers in ETX are underpaid.  I make almost double from what I made in Marshall 10 years ago... and I am at a much smaller school. 

An on staff Athletic Trainer is an invaluable asset the Athletic Program. More schools should prioritize it.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

An on staff Athletic Trainer is an invaluable asset the Athletic Program. More schools should prioritize it.

It’s almost to the point where schools are expected to have at least 1.  Whether contracted through a hospital system or direct employees of the district.