Elysian Fields vs Hooks

1jacket

Elysian Fields vs Hooks   

52 members have voted

1. 1. Elysian Fields vs Hooks

• Hornets
    • Jackets

51 minutes ago, H3llR4z0r said:

I was actually more impressed with the OC. EF drew up some great plays tonight. I thought Hooks was playing pretty good defense most of the game, but EF got real creative with their passing, even a few real good hidden screens. Man did EF run the read option to perfection tonight as well. QB was making some huge plays. 

Both did a great job. Hooks really didn’t have much of a game plan on offense. They just counted on the QB to scramble around and make a play and then try to go deep every 3rd or 4th play. They tried to run a few plays to the rb #7. But not near enough in my opinion.  I would have had some stuff drawn uo to take advantage of that qbs athleticism.  Zone read, screen game, option.  Just very uncreative in my opinion. 

the offensive staff made some great adjustments I thought at half.  The OL got some movement that they were not getting a ton of in the first half. 

Hooks defense played hard and ran out if gas and was out schemed in the second half.  And the turnovers put them in a bind. 

if i am the DC at Hooks, i have a long talk with the OC in the off season. Unless the OC is the HC. lol 

10 hours ago, jacket52 said:

Agreed lol he called a great game except for 2 busted coverages it was a awesome game plan! 

You want people to give EF credit but you don’t give other teams credit. Give Hook’s some credit their 1st TD wasn’t a busted coverage.

3 minutes ago, LSUTIGERS said:

You want people to give EF credit but you don’t give other teams credit. Give Hook’s some credit their 1st TD wasn’t a busted coverage.

It was a well designed play but when you have 2 guys covering the same guy and one all by himself that’s busted coverage in my eyes I didn’t say it wasn’t a good play design. 

Just now, jacket52 said:

It was a well designed play but when you have 2 guys covering the same guy and one all by himself that’s busted coverage in my eyes I didn’t say it wasn’t a good play design. 

Come on 52 I was sitting there and watched the play. He just flat out ran the defender and it was a perfect throw. I’m not taking anything away from EF they  played a great game and wanted it more than Hook’s. 

12 minutes ago, LSUTIGERS said:

Come on 52 I was sitting there and watched the play. He just flat out ran the defender and it was a perfect throw. I’m not taking anything away from EF they  played a great game and wanted it more than Hook’s. 

They had a couple nice plays like that! I just glad our run Def showed up again.  Amazing how much different they look when you let guys play where they been playing all year and don’t have our guys out of position all night like against HH. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, LSUTIGERS said:

Were you on EF’s side or Hooks? Wish I would have known. I would have spilled a hot cup of coffee on you, wait,  I mean I would have bought you a cup of coffee! 

Just screwing with you! But for real about shaking your hand! 

36 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

Were you on EF’s side or Hooks? Wish I would have known. I would have spilled a hot cup of coffee on you, wait,  I mean I would have bought you a cup of coffee! 

Just screwing with you! But for real about shaking your hand! 

Yes sir....was actually cheering for y’all, if you can believe that.

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, LSUTIGERS said:

Yes sir....was actually cheering for y’all, if you can believe that.

If y'all can remember my post from several weeks back after the Waskom game, I said EF and Waskom will be in the region final, that would be awesome for our schools

4 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

If y'all can remember my post from several weeks back after the Waskom game, I said EF and Waskom will be in the region final, that's would be awesome for our schools

I was looking at WR and who they lost to and other than Sabine they lost to two highly ranked teams and after that nobody has come close to beating them. PP also lost to highly ranked teams and have had a few close games but are extremely strong up front , I think both Waskom/EF has their hands full next week but I would like another shot at EF if WR would accommodate us....😀

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

I was looking at WR and who they lost to and other than Sabine they lost to two highly ranked teams and after that nobody has come close to beating them. PP also lost to highly ranked teams and have had a few close games but are extremely strong up front , I think both Waskom/EF has their hands full next week but I would like another shot at EF if WR would accommodate us....😀

PP has losses to almost every passing team they have played I think if we can get a few stops we will torch their secondary and come out on top! Also hoping Waskom can win and set up the game we all been waiting on.