Week Ten: Longview vs McKinney North

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (5-2, 2-1) vs McKinney North Bulldogs (3-5, 3-2)  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • McKinney North in a close one
    • McKinney North in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/27/2020 at 08:00 PM

What a punt return for sure! 

I will say, I’m pretty impressed with North’s QB and his ability to avoid our pressure. We’ve been in the backfield all day, but he’s been able to make plays. 

So I know that there has been a lot of gushing over this Freshman team and I was not going to say anything....but....I thought the North 9th grade A defense was not really that bad...especially the front 7....for this Longview A team to run against an 8-9 man front the whole game was pretty impressive to me...they were in the backfield a lot early on but we definitely adjusted....Tatum is a very special talent....reminds me a lot of Chris Butcher...kid is stud...

11 hours ago, kingwolf said:

So I know that there has been a lot of gushing over this Freshman team and I was not going to say anything....but....I thought the North 9th grade A defense was not really that bad...especially the front 7....for this Longview A team to run against an 8-9 man front the whole game was pretty impressive to me...they were in the backfield a lot early on but we definitely adjusted....Tatum is a very special talent....reminds me a lot of Chris Butcher...kid is stud...

It really isnt a bad class McKinney North has on the 9th grade level.

They only had two losses coming into today, pushed HPs 9th team a little.

To beat them down like that is really impressive.

As for Tatum, look hes one of only a very few 2024 players statewide that already have a 247 recruiting profile...he's one of the best players out there in his class https://247sports.com/Player/Taylor-Tatum-46109368/

We have a very rich history of RBs but in terms of the past 25 years, its hard to compare Tatum to another former Lobo back because I'm honestly not sure that we've seen a back of his talent mixed with his size. This dude could be north of 6', clearing 200 pounds come this time next year.

But the scary thing is, he's only a piece of the puzzle. That group is full of guys that will play at the next level.

Buddha Garrett, Willie Nelson, Andrew Tutt, DK Reese, Jaymerson Darensbourg, Chase Smith, Tavion Morgan, Alijah Johnson, Chris Head, Andrew Pierce....man I'm shaking writing this.

I warned people how good this group was before the season...and when you mix this class with those sophomores in about 2 seasons...thats gonna be a damn movie. Insane amount of talent that'll be on Longview's 2022 team. This is only a sample size but just imagine in due time..Tatum running the rock, and Jalen Hale doing the catching out wide....oh my goodness.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ANTI said:

We have a very reach history of RBs but in terms of the past 25 years, its hard to compare Tatum to another former Lobo back because I'm honestly not sure that we've seen a back of his talent mixed with his size. This dude could be north of 6', clearing 200 pounds come this time next year.

I definitely understand the thought here.  I pretty much agree that there really is none like him at least at this point of being a freshman...Chris Butcher is not typically a Lobo RB who is listed in the top ten but he was a power runner that seemed to deceptively glide through traffic at times...Tatum does just that...he is fun to watch...

14 hours ago, ANTI said:

It really isnt a bad class McKinney North has on the 9th grade level.

They only had two losses coming into today, pushed HPs 9th team a little.

To beat them down like that is really impressive.

As for Tatum, look hes one of only a very few 2024 players statewide that already have a 247 recruiting profile...he's one of the best players out there in his class https://247sports.com/Player/Taylor-Tatum-46109368/

We have a very rich history of RBs but in terms of the past 25 years, its hard to compare Tatum to another former Lobo back because I'm honestly not sure that we've seen a back of his talent mixed with his size. This dude could be north of 6', clearing 200 pounds come this time next year.

But the scary thing is, he's only a piece of the puzzle. That group is full of guys that will play at the next level.

Buddha Garrett, Willie Nelson, Andrew Tutt, DK Reese, Jaymerson Darensbourg, Chase Smith, Tavion Morgan, Alijah Johnson, Chris Head, Andrew Pierce....man I'm shaking writing this.

I warned people how good this group was before the season...and when you mix this class with those sophomores in about 2 seasons...thats gonna be a damn movie. Insane amount of talent that'll be on Longview's 2022 team. This is only a sample size but just imagine in due time..Tatum running the rock, and Jalen Hale doing the catching out wide....oh my goodness.

Yall know King never talks up anything....but even he says the future is bright in Loboland.

• Like 1

Reminder: Kaden Meredith can become the second Lobo all time to hit the 50 touchdowns in a career mark with two scores today. 

It’s tied for second in total touchdowns with Vondrell McGee at 48. 7 off Fred Talley’s mark of 55.

He’s tied for third in rushing tallies, at 45. Three from second and eight from tying Talley’s record of 53 rushing scores.

2 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Reminder: Kaden Meredith can become the second Lobo all time to hit the 50 touchdowns in a career mark with two scores today. 

It’s tied for second in total touchdowns with Vondrell McGee at 48. 7 off Fred Talley’s mark of 55.

He’s tied for third in rushing tallies, at 45. Three from second and eight from tying Talley’s record of 53 rushing scores.

Has 1/2 now lol

Kaden Meredith scores from 39 yards out.

Longview 7

McKinney North 3

3:00 1st

3 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

He got it.

Longview 20

McKinney North 3

11:04 2nd

• Like 1