Area Round Timpson vs Leon

Bear9T1

Timpson vs Leon  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

This poll is closed to new votes

12 hours ago, jacketgrad06 said:

Should be a good ball game. Leon has had some good wins but also some head scratchers of losses. May have Covid effects not sure. Look for this to be a shootout with Timpson winning but could see it going the other ways as well. 

I saw Leon lost to Dawson, Normangee and Groveton. I get Normangee, but what happened in the other two? I’m curious to see how Timpson deals with a pass heavy offense. I do know Timpson has a very aggressive defense and teams that tried to pass suffered greatly. I’m basing this off of six games I attended.

I’m gonna have to pick Timpson. I think Leon has a good program, but hasn’t been consistent enough. Their game with Thorndale sticks with me. You just can’t have that kind of lead at half just to let the team get to within a score of tying the game. Up til now, Timpson has thoroughly dominated its opponents in the second half.

4 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

Timpson's record and scores looks impressive, but that's all I have to go on.  Do they have the potential to legitimately contend with a Shiner/Refugio team or are we still looking at what we've been seeing for a number of years now?

This I don’t know. Shiner, Refugio and Mason are stout. I think that would be a test like we haven’t seen yet. The possible problem I see with Timpson is they haven’t been in a tight game. I would have liked to have seen them in a position where they’ve really had to dig in.

5 minutes ago, JMS1971 said:

This I don’t know. Shiner, Refugio and Mason are stout. I think that would be a test like we haven’t seen yet. The possible problem I see with Timpson is they haven’t been in a tight game. I would have liked to have seen them in a position where they’ve really had to dig in.

Hopefully they'll get that chance in the next few weeks.  I think they will from Normangee, Hearne, or maybe Holland, but that may still be a level below what they'll see when they get to Shiner/Refugio.  Mason won't be there this year.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2020 at 9:18 AM, Everide2016 said:

Timpson's record and scores looks impressive, but that's all I have to go on.  Do they have the potential to legitimately contend with a Shiner/Refugio team or are we still looking at what we've been seeing for a number of years now?

Athletically and scheme-wise, I think Timpson is probably pretty close to those guys. I think a big difference is the “experience factor”.  This particular group of seniors were all freshmen the last time Timpson got past round 1, and that was a senior heavy team. So they’ve never played more than 11 games in a season. When a team that isn’t accustomed to playing 13-14 games, sometimes the fatigue factor plays a role. Fortunately for them, there’s not a lot of those “experienced” teams still in it. The region 3 final 4 from last year are all at the house. But it could definitely be a factor if they get to state semifinals. But they have an outstanding coaching staff. 

• Like 1