Garrison vs Holland

grinder

Area Round  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Garrison Bulldogs
    • Holland Hornets

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/21/2020 at 01:00 AM

• Crawford changed the title to Garrison vs Holland
12 hours ago, blesseddaily said:

Holland surprised everybody last year by going very deep in the playoffs, losing to Refugio in the fourth round, and they brought back quite a few players from last year...going with Holland on this one. 

Don't let Holland's record from last year deceive you.  I live in central Texas and followed Holland relatively close last year.  Having seen a lot of 2A ball, my take on them was that they were just a slightly better than average team.  Their fans thought they were championship caliber.  I saw them in their 4th game against Crawford and spent the rest of the regular season trying to tell them that there was a significant separation in their team's ability and the abilities of a Refugio/Shiner.  I wasn't trying to run them down, just giving an honest and informed opinion.

They beat Mason in the 3rd round and this had them thinking they were really headed for the championship, even though anyone that follows 2A ball knew that Mason was very down last year.  

Sure enough, Refugio beat the Holy #### out of Holland in the 4th round, removing any doubt that Holland was on the exact level I had thought.  For 2020, they are down a bit from 2019.  I'm too far removed from Garrison to really know much about them, but it looks to me like they've played much better competition than Holland in the regular season.  I'd give Garrison an okay chance if they can minimize mistakes and penalties.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Everide2016 said:

Don't let Holland's record from last year deceive you.  I live in central Texas and followed Holland relatively close last year.  Having seen a lot of 2A ball, my take on them was that they were just a slightly better than average team.  Their fans thought they were championship caliber.  I saw them in their 4th game against Crawford and spent the rest of the regular season trying to tell them that there was a significant separation in their team's ability and the abilities of a Refugio/Shiner.  I wasn't trying to run them down, just giving an honest and informed opinion.

They beat Mason in the 3rd round and this had them thinking they were really headed for the championship, even though anyone that follows 2A ball knew that Mason was very down last year.  

Sure enough, Refugio beat the Holy #### out of Holland in the 4th round, removing any doubt that Holland was on the exact level I had thought.  For 2020, they are down a bit from 2019.  I'm too far removed from Garrison to really know much about them, but it looks to me like they've played much better competition than Holland in the regular season.  I'd give Garrison an okay chance if they can minimize mistakes and penalties.

Agreed.  I'm centex as well and Holland went about as far as I thought they would, and not sure they go quite as far this year. Hope they prove me wrong; I'm all for seeing "local" teams succeed.  Probably will beat Garrison, but I'm pretty confident if that happens Timpson will show them the door in regionals.

You're right about the fans, too.

Looking for that Garrison-Timpson rematch. Garrison takes this one over Holland setting up a 2020 version of the 2003 Battle of the Attoyac 😂....this one will be a Thanksgiving regional playoff edition rather than quarterfinal like in ‘03.

At least that’s what I’m hoping for....

10 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

Looking for that Garrison-Timpson rematch. Garrison takes this one over Holland setting up a 2020 version of the 2003 Battle of the Attoyac 😂....this one will be a Thanksgiving regional playoff edition rather than quarterfinal like in ‘03.

At least that’s what I’m hoping for....

Man, that ‘03 Timpson team was really good, they just happened to coincide with the ‘03 Garrison team.  Kind of unfortunate on their end, good for the Bulldogs though.

• Like 1