Area round: Mineola vs Dallas Madison 7:30 Friday @ Princeton

gamewatcher63

Mineola vs Dallas Madison  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the winner

• Mineola
    • Madison

This poll is closed to new votes

Madison will be extremely athletic with some very fast guys and should have some big guys as well. I know from our game last year with them we jumped up relatively quick and kind of took it out of them. I dont think they will be able to match the physicality of the Jackets personally. As ive heard mentioned before, its about this time of the year that they are ready for the round ball so it just depends on how they are feeling this week. It appears the weather is going to be fairly warm so that should help them out, i know they didnt like that cold last year. 

1 hour ago, chevyman said:

Madison will be extremely athletic with some very fast guys and should have some big guys as well. I know from our game last year with them we jumped up relatively quick and kind of took it out of them. I dont think they will be able to match the physicality of the Jackets personally. As ive heard mentioned before, its about this time of the year that they are ready for the round ball so it just depends on how they are feeling this week. It appears the weather is going to be fairly warm so that should help them out, i know they didnt like that cold last year. 

These "easy" games never seem to turn out that way. I'm hopeful the Jackets physical style of play wears down Madison, but in the 2nd round of the play-offs the "easy" games are usually over with...GO JACKETS!!!

1 hour ago, gamewatcher63 said:

These "easy" games never seem to turn out that way. I'm hopeful the Jackets physical style of play wears down Madison, but in the 2nd round of the play-offs the "easy" games are usually over with...GO JACKETS!!!

In 2018  MV played Madison 2nd round and us from MV thought the same and were a little worried about athletes all over the field and we beat them 52-8. By this time of the year Madison is usually ready to play in pre-district basketball tournaments to go try to win state again. Cheering for the Jackets 

17 minutes ago, Blazin97 said:

In 2018  MV played Madison 2nd round and us from MV thought the same and were a little worried about athletes all over the field and we beat them 52-8. By this time of the year Madison is usually ready to play in pre-district basketball tournaments to go try to win state again. Cheering for the Jackets 

Madison has knocked the Jackets out of the BB play-offs the last 3 years, we've had some very good teams those years. Maybe it's time for some gridiron payback... 

19 hours ago, gamewatcher63 said:

Madison has knocked the Jackets out of the BB play-offs the last 3 years, we've had some very good teams those years. Maybe it's time for some gridiron payback... 

Yessir go get em. They knocked out a really good MV team in 16-17 in the regional tournament, and then 17-18 we lost in the state final but never had to face them. 

On 11/16/2020 at 8:09 AM, gamewatcher63 said:

Looks like Madison has a SMU commit also in RB/WR Jayleen Record. It should be a fun game watching him and future team mate Trevion going against one another. 

Yeah, very fast and will be the most athletic on the field. I've coached him before. He will be a handful.

• Like 1

Madison has played some of the best teams in the state in their district. They have seen good football. They get our respect. If Mineola can continue to play good defense and run the ball, I like our chances vs anyone. We have gotten better on special teams each week and that was the concern. Madison will test our kick off team and punt team. They have tremendous speed and athletes. I see a very hungry Mineola team. They are well coached and have been pushed by some of the best teams in the state in our district. This region is very competitive and tough. The goal of any team is to practice on Thanksgiving. There are no TURKEYS after Thanksgiving is the saying. I am just impressed with this Mineola team. They fight hard on every single play and maybe that will push us to a Thanksgiving week of practice. Just happy we are playing playoff football.