Van vs Caddo. 7pm Mesquite Memorial

VictoryFormation

Area Round  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/21/2020 at 01:00 AM

Just basing this on highlights from last week, so really hard to tell but looks like CM can air it out good and their qb is quick and elusive. Then again, Hillsboro looked slow and not that physical. I'll take Van by 14. Then again, this kind of has the feeling of the Splendora game a couple of years ago. We all know rankings don't always mean much either, so could go either way.

Watched the Foxes from Caddo Mills play several games this year.  Well coached in all areas, strong Senior class, QB is a leader and extremely talented.  Undefeated and their fans are liking the winning attitude brought to this community. Very well supported in all aspects of the team and the community as well. Overall, they are very talented from the O-Line to the D-Line.  Skill players are solid.  I appreciate the Van football program and the tradition associated with that community as well. Caddo Mills is going to be very hard to beat.  "I think", and I'll admit that is very hard for me to do, but I think the Foxes will have to be beaten by a team like Carthage, Texarkana Pleasant Grove, Gilmer, etc.  My prediction is Caddo Mills 41 Van 30.  

Will be interesting for sure. It's been a strange year for Van. Seems like the talent was there, although young in some positions, but just couldn't quite get things clicking. Then we'd get hit with injuries, covid or whatever, but really seem to be peaking the last 3 weeks. Like at a completely different level. I hope so at least. That's why the homer in me thinks there's a good possibility of an upset this week.

Here is what I know. Caddo doesn’t have a rb even close to what we have seen. Their receivers are good, but not any faster or more athletic than we have seen. They are not bigger than teams. What does scare me, is the QB. He can spin it and can run. He runs more frequently than anyone we have seen. The kid from Malakoff is better in my opinion, but doesn’t run as often. Caddo has also not seen a player like Thomas from Van. If the game isn’t a full fledge shootout I like Van to win, but we have to keep them under 35 imo. 

6 hours ago, micotrav said:

Watched the Foxes from Caddo Mills play several games this year.  Well coached in all areas, strong Senior class, QB is a leader and extremely talented.  Undefeated and their fans are liking the winning attitude brought to this community. Very well supported in all aspects of the team and the community as well. Overall, they are very talented from the O-Line to the D-Line.  Skill players are solid.  I appreciate the Van football program and the tradition associated with that community as well. Caddo Mills is going to be very hard to beat.  "I think", and I'll admit that is very hard for me to do, but I think the Foxes will have to be beaten by a team like Carthage, Texarkana Pleasant Grove, Gilmer, etc.  My prediction is Caddo Mills 41 Van 30.  

I’m just the opposite.   What I see in Van is a very talented QB with good WR’s and 2 guys that can tote the ball with some speed.   OL is better than average.  Their 4 losses are all to teams still playing, Malakoff, Lindale, Mexia and Center.  The only opponent on Caddo Mills sched that is worthy is Aubrey and Caddo Mills handled them pretty easy.   Will be a good one!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, BlackShirtD said:

I’m just the opposite.   What I see in Van is a very talented QB with good WR’s and 2 guys that can tote the ball with some speed.   OL is better than average.  Their 4 losses are all to teams still playing, Malakoff, Lindale, Mexia and Center.  The only opponent on Caddo Mills sched that is worthy is Aubrey and Caddo Mills handled them pretty easy.   Will be a good one!

I am not trying to write off losses, but offensively we are not the same team we were. We struggled early in the season with turnovers, but you kinda expect that with a wide open offense and a new qb. He has always had the talent and has now for 3 straight games in a row put it together. I know a few district 8 folks were not overly impressed with LE offense but we held them to 99 total yards and our starters were out completely with 7 minutes in the game. Van doesn’t have the team speed of Gilmer, but we do have some cats that can flat out run on offense and defense. 

• Like 1

Guest Tiger03lb
1 hour ago, VictoryFormation said:

I am not trying to write off losses, but offensively we are not the same team we were. We struggled early in the season with turnovers, but you kinda expect that with a wide open offense and a new qb. He has always had the talent and has now for 3 straight games in a row put it together. I know a few district 8 folks were not overly impressed with LE offense but we held them to 99 total yards and our starters were out completely with 7 minutes in the game. Van doesn’t have the team speed of Gilmer, but we do have some cats that can flat out run on offense and defense. 

That's no lie. I can't remember his name or number right now but he was a receiver or rb and the kid was quick. He killed us with that screen. 

1 minute ago, Tiger03lb said:

That's no lie. I can't remember his name or number right now but he was a receiver or rb and the kid was quick. He killed us with that screen. 

He has had a huge year. Somewhere close to 30 tds. I still think you guys have a dang good chance to collect some rings in December. Keep rolling. 

Guest Tiger03lb
38 minutes ago, VictoryFormation said:

He has had a huge year. Somewhere close to 30 tds. I still think you guys have a dang good chance to collect some rings in December. Keep rolling. 

I think so too if we play like we should. Good luck this week. 

23 hours ago, VictoryFormation said:

Good luck to you guys.  Hope you guys move on.   

Watched about three videos of Van and based on the little bit of video that was offered I think that Van's positive points are a running back with pretty good speed, a QB that can hit his targets and works well in the pocket. O-Line looks strong, D-Line does not look quite as strong as the O-Line does. Receivers are solid. And only based on what very, very little that I was able to watch, I would grade them this way...(Like I have the credentials to give grades...LOL!)

Van...(QB- A), (RB- B+), (Receivers- B+), (O-Line-B), (D-Line-C), Secondary (not enough video to grade), Special Teams (not enough video to grade), Overall grade would be in the range of a B average. And there is so much more that I do not know, such as Head Coach, Offensive Coordinator and play selection, Defensive Coordinator, Special Teams, etc. But Van always plays to win and they have a great tradition. Always a respectable and great program with awesome fans.  Their opponents are very respectable and their losses come at the hands of some very good football teams. 

Caddo Mills... (QB-A+), (RB- B), (Receivers-A), (O-Line-B+), (D-Line-A), (Secondary-B+), (Special Teams-A), Coaching (Head-A), (O-Coordinator-A+), (D-Coordinator-A) Overall grade would be an A.  Caddo Mills has been building up to this undefeated season.  Three years ago, this Seniors were good sophomores and they have gelled to be a dominant football squad. They have been challenged and have played some pretty good teams this season.  Aubrey and Sunnyvale were respectable opponents.  Caddo Mills has good community support, much like Van.  Now this undefeated season means so much to the team and to the community, that I believe gives the Foxes one of those tangibles needed.  Add the extremely talented Fox QB, that I believe could play at any classification, and you might find the edge that Caddo Mills needs to win this one. 

Neither team can withstand turnovers.  That is the big Elephant on the field, avoid him and the game is yours.  Should be a good game.  IF Caddo Mills can get past Van, the next week POSSIBLE matchup would be Caddo Mills vs. Texarkana Pleasant Grove, who I believe will defeat Nevada Community this week.  But that is not a 'gimme' either, since the Community Braves knocked off the big top 10 opponent just last week.  Great time of the year...it's playoff season and everybody plays better.