2020-2021 Coaching Changes

Valhalla

On 11/16/2020 at 12:09 AM, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Wouldn’t be a popular hire and yes Elko days are numbered via promotion.

Freeze would be good hire for South Carolina. You know they were desperate if they’re doing something during COVID-19.

FWIW, Freeze has said he’s not interested. I think Billy Napier is a top prospect for USC. 

3 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Agree but they should at least offer. Freeze is probably waiting on Auburn or his quote dream job Tennessee to open up. 

Considering funding shortfalls that make the massive buyouts built into Gus’s and Pruitt’s contracts, I have serious doubts about either of those jobs opening up this year. But I could be wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Places like Tennessee, South Carolina, and Texas this year are great examples of stupid extensions. 

Nobody was going to hire Pruitt away from Tennessee. 

Correct. I understand nailing down a proven winner. It makes zero sense to lock a first time head coach (Pruitt) or a guy who’s moving up from the mid-majors (Herman) these massive buyout clauses. Make them prove themselves first. South Carolina should have known Muschamp was a risky hire. What about his tenure at Florida made them think he was going to take them to glory days? They still set themselves up to look stupid by giving him a big buyout. Now they’re paying him $13 million to leave. 

5 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Correct. I understand nailing down a proven winner. It makes zero sense to lock a first time head coach (Pruitt) or a guy who’s moving up from the mid-majors (Herman) these massive buyout clauses. Make them prove themselves first. South Carolina should have known Muschamp was a risky hire. What about his tenure at Florida made them think he was going to take them to glory days? They still set themselves up to look stupid by giving him a big buyout. Now they’re paying him $13 million to leave. 

Exactly, if a guy can’t succeed at Florida what makes you think he could win at a worse job in the same division.

30 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

242054E6-A2CA-4483-9763-26EAD81001A6.jpeg

Kind of a weird one to me. 3-9, 4-8, 6-7, 5-7, 6-7, 3-9, 0-8. Take out the James Franklin years and 6 wins with a bowl game is huge for Vandy. Looks like they got a QB in the freshman. Maybe they’ll go with a offensive guy to maximize his talent.

If Auburn loses to Mississippi State next week, the “fire Gus” cries will be louder than ever. Tennessee still has to play A&M, which could very easily leave them finishing with four straight losses, two of which are blowouts. I don’t think Jeremy Pruitt survives that.  The question is: who do they hire? I think we’re going to find out how committed Hugh Freeze is to Liberty University. 

On 11/16/2020 at 12:09 AM, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Wouldn’t be a popular hire and yes Elko days are numbered via promotion.

Freeze would be good hire for South Carolina. You know they were desperate if they’re doing something during COVID-19.

No, Muschamp to aTm would not be a popular hire.  Especially knowing his sentiments about the town of College Station and the Aggies in general 

59 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

If Auburn loses to Mississippi State next week, the “fire Gus” cries will be louder than ever. Tennessee still has to play A&M, which could very easily leave them finishing with four straight losses, two of which are blowouts. I don’t think Jeremy Pruitt survives that.  The question is: who do they hire? I think we’re going to find out how committed Hugh Freeze is to Liberty University. 

If Tennessee opens then I will be shocked if Freeze does not take that job.

3 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Pruitt will join the Saban Coaching Rehab Clinic, get the stink washed off and go on to be the next head coach at a low level Power 5 or upper level Group of 5 school.

2 hours ago, Valhalla said:

If Tennessee opens then I will be shocked if Freeze does not take that job.

If he’s going to leave Liberty I think it will be for Auburn or Tennessee. Especially Tennessee. I don’t know what Auburn does if they fire Gus. I think Billy Napier is a good fit there. I may be wrong. 

19 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Pruitt will join the Saban Coaching Rehab Clinic, get the stink washed off and go on to be the next head coach at a low level Power 5 or upper level Group of 5 school.

I would say Pruitt is going to have to show some sort of success before a good program is going to take a chance on him, but South Carolina hired Muschamp after the Florida debacle. 

2 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

I would say Pruitt is going to have to show some sort of success before a good program is going to take a chance on him, but South Carolina hired Muschamp after the Florida debacle. 

I don’t even recall Pruitt being a coordinator on the level of Muschamp.